Steakhouse or Rudi's on the Mardi Gras

LPut714

We are doing our first back to back on the Mardi Gras in a couple of weeks. Have booked Rudi's for Valentines day as we have some OBC and gift cards. I am reading mixed reviews. However last time we were at the Steakhouse on Carnival it wasn't top notch. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Comparing our experience on Mardi Gras at the steakhouse (March 2022) vs. Rudi's (December 2022), I wouldn't hesitate to pick Rudi's again - but I ate steak there, I don't eat seafood. Service, atmosphere and food were better at Rudi's. 

I will say the steakhouse on Freedom (October 2022) was way better than MG steakhouse, which surprised us.

Just now, Knights on the Beach said:

Comparing our experience on Mardi Gras at the steakhouse (March 2022) vs. Rudi's (December 2022), I wouldn't hesitate to pick Rudi's again - but I ate steak there, I don't eat seafood. Service, atmosphere and food were better at Rudi's. 

I will say the steakhouse on Freedom (October 2022) was way better than MG steakhouse, which surprised us.

Thanks

My recommendation after dining at both on my Mardi Gras sailing in April would be go with Rudi's. The entire dining experience was better at Rudi's compared to the Steakhouse. I wish I would have dined a second night at Rudi's that sailing but they were booked solid and I couldn't get in a second night.

• Like 1

We did MG in April ate at both steakhouse on first night had steaks and smoked oysters which were nice and large it's was a nice causal night. Ate at Rudi 's second dress up night had a table outside the food and service was excellent. Would eat at both again. But Rudi's would be my first pick

• Like 1

Another vote for Rudi’s.  On our last MG cruise, we went to Rudi’s three times.  Having previously dined at both on the MG, we find Rudi’s superior so we book it before the cruise to make sure they have room for us.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 1:23 PM, cmichael1221 said:

The steakhouse seems to be the most strict about jeans/shorts/etc, saw a few people get turned away, but not sure it is always the case

We just got off MG... we were advised that gentlemen were not permitted to wear shorts. That was the only requirement. But we did see a gentleman being seated in the steakhouse as we were leaving, so who knows how much they enforce it. 

39 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

We just got off MG... we were advised that gentlemen were not permitted to wear shorts. That was the only requirement. But we did see a gentleman being seated in the steakhouse as we were leaving, so who knows how much they enforce it. 

Thank you.. It'll work out for me since I'm no gentleman. 😋

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Thank you.. It'll work out for me since I'm no gentleman. 😋

My husband would also say he wasn't a gentleman 😉

I said to my husband "you can't wear shorts but apparently I can." 🤣  But I wore jeans so he wouldn't feel left out. 

2 hours ago, ctlyf said:

My husband would also say he wasn't a gentleman 😉

I said to my husband "you can't wear shorts but apparently I can." 🤣  But I wore jeans so he wouldn't feel left out. 

yes I will bend and wear long pants. LOL Just wanted to know how many pairs of pants to bring. 2 elegant nights, and we are booked for teppanyaki, The steakhouse, and Rudi's. Might add another Rudi's on before we leave.

Why do they call it a pair of pants when it's one item?

Why do you drive on the parkway and park in the driveway? Some things perplex me. 😉

• Haha 1