Elite internet

antsp

23 minutes ago, antsp said:

I'm trying to but elite Internet pre cruise at 50%discount, obviously trying to use the Medallion app and its not working. Is it the same price on embarkation day. 

Double check that the App shows you as Elite. 
i fought this battle once before and am unfortunately doing it again. 

I boarded Royal Princess yesterday and the 50% Elite/ Platinum discount was offered when I logged in the first day.

also if you email AskoceanMedallion@carnival.com they can help you purchase in advance if you have entered a credit card into medallion app and want to do so.  Or maybe they can  figure out why your having trouble.

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

I boarded Royal Princess yesterday and the 50% Elite/ Platinum discount was offered when I logged in the first day.

Oh so you can purchase onboard and get the same price as prepurchase?  I'm assuming it then uses onboard credit?

In my experience it is more expensive to buy onboard than in advance. On our Christmas cruise it cost $289 for a 4-device internet package, but would have been about $220 in advance. We waited until on board because we wanted to use onboard credit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

also if you email AskoceanMedallion@carnival.com they can help you purchase in advance if you have entered a credit card into medallion app and want to do so.  Or maybe they can  figure out why your having trouble.

The 50% percent discount applies no matter when the eligible guest purchases MedallionNet.

3 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Oh so you can purchase onboard and get the same price as prepurchase?  I'm assuming it then uses onboard credit?

I have posted previously that the new prices are the same pre-cruise and on-board so it no longer matters when you purchase a plan.  If purchasing on-board, the cost is charged to your stateroom account and not to a credit card.  If the guest has OBC on account, it is used to offset any balance owing, including MedallionNet.

2 hours ago, Bazandgiz said:

In my experience it is more expensive to buy onboard than in advance. On our Christmas cruise it cost $289 for a 4-device internet package, but would have been about $220 in advance. We waited until on board because we wanted to use onboard credit. 

Yes, it USED to be more expensive when purchasing after boarding.  With the new price increases in effect, the cost of MedallionNet for guests is the same on-board as pre-cruise.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The 50% percent discount applies no matter when the eligible guest purchases MedallionNet.

I have posted previously that the new prices are the same pre-cruise and on-board so it no longer matters when you purchase a plan.  If purchasing on-board, the cost is charged to your stateroom account and not to a credit card.  If the guest has OBC on account, it is used to offset any balance owing, including MedallionNet.

Yes, it USED to be more expensive when purchasing after boarding.  With the new price increases in effect, the cost of MedallionNet for guests is the same on-board as pre-cruise.

What date is this in effect from? Our cruise started on 19th December 2022, has it changed since then?

16 hours ago, Bazandgiz said:

What date is this in effect from? Our cruise started on 19th December 2022, has it changed since then?

The announcement was sometime prior to mid-Dec and my understanding is the new pricing applied in the System on Dec 15 or 14.  I imagine it is affecting cruises sailing right now.  Folks did have a chance to purchase at the old price before the new price came into effect.

3 hours ago, rollingjay said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase internet for just one day?? Only want to download some books on my Ipad.  Thanks  

I have seen references to other members here on CC who have claimed it is possible.  You would have to do this in person with the Internet Manager...no way to do this on the App.

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have seen references to other members here on CC who have claimed it is possible.  You would have to do this in person with the Internet Manager...no way to do this on the App.

Thank you for your reply. 

10 hours ago, rollingjay said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase internet for just one day?? Only want to download some books on my Ipad.  Thanks  

Yes, you can when you are on board purchase Internet for a day.

Why not load the books onto your IPad before starting the cruise?

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:40 PM, caribill said:

Yes, you can when you are on board purchase Internet for a day.

Why not load the books onto your IPad before starting the cruise?

We do downloads before we cruise but they expire after 2weeks and we are cruising for 28 days. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rollingjay said:

We do downloads before we cruise but they expire after 2weeks and we are cruising for 28 days. 

When my Kindle is in Airplane mode, books do not disappear until they re-connect to the internet. I just keep the Kindle in airplane mode. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Pre-purchased with Elite discount - $7.50 per day.

Thanks - I saw $15/day and wasn't sure if they still offered $7.50 or not (on the app). I hope one can buy it the first day for the same discount (using FCC).

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thanks - I saw $15/day and wasn't sure if they still offered $7.50 or not (on the app). I hope one can buy it the first day for the same discount (using FCC).

That, I don't know.... haven't done it.  My understanding is that if you purchase onboard, they provide a non-refundable OBC for half the onboard price ($15/day).  I don't think you'd be too interested in that given the FCC twist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

That, I don't know.... haven't done it.  My understanding is that if you purchase onboard, they provide a non-refundable OBC for half the onboard price ($15/day).  I don't think you'd be too interested in that given the FCC twist.

Sorry - early in morning. I meant OBC. You are probably right. Considering about upgrading to Plus. Wanted to do the numbers this weekend. Have a great day!

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I gather you have missed my posts on other threads of this topic that the new MedallionNet pricing is the same pre-cruise and on-board so there is no need to purchase in advance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, d9704011 said:

If you purchase on board with the Plat/Elite benefit, you are just charged the $7.50/day price.

• Like 1