Allure of the Seas Question

Haven't cruised in a LONG time so I'm excited to be on Allure of the Seas on 1/22.  I used to have to bring a power strip with me to charge our electronics.  Have they upgraded their charging systems - more outlets and/or USB?

Thanks!

This is what Allure has on the top of the desk/vanity area, and below the counter, in our Balcony cabin.

We purchased this a while back:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K5ZJXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It shows unavailable now, but they have tons of different ones out there. This one has a usb c for new ipads, and regular usb. Only uses one outlet , and can charge multiple devices at once.  

Don't bring a surge protector. They might take it due to a fire hazard. 

If you like Martinis, may I suggest Champagne Bar. It was our favorite spot, especially for pre-dinner drinks. It's been replaced on the newer ships by the bionic bar, and we definitely miss Champagne's!

Enjoy your cruise. Allure is a beautiful ship and so much fun! 

RC.jpg

RC2.jpg

42 minutes ago, tigers04champs said:

This is what Allure has on the top of the desk/vanity area, and below the counter, in our Balcony cabin.

We purchased this a while back:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K5ZJXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It shows unavailable now, but they have tons of different ones out there. This one has a usb c for new ipads, and regular usb. Only uses one outlet , and can charge multiple devices at once.  

Don't bring a surge protector. They might take it due to a fire hazard. 

If you like Martinis, may I suggest Champagne Bar. It was our favorite spot, especially for pre-dinner drinks. It's been replaced on the newer ships by the bionic bar, and we definitely miss Champagne's!

Enjoy your cruise. Allure is a beautiful ship and so much fun! 

RC.jpg

RC2.jpg

You are so right about the Champagne Bar. If they do ever put that stupid Bionic Bar aboard I hope they put it someplace else. 

OP, I do not recall any USB ports in the cabin. Personally, I prefer using an outlet with a charger. I feel it protects my phone and data better. Probably not an issue in a cruise ship cabin but I avoid public USB ports. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, first_timer said:

Haven't cruised in a LONG time so I'm excited to be on Allure of the Seas on 1/22.  I used to have to bring a power strip with me to charge our electronics.  Have they upgraded their charging systems - more outlets and/or USB?

Thanks!

We will be joining you this Sunday on Allure . 

Last October we had an OVB on Allure. Here is what was in our room. 

The phone charger was a little outdated 😂 

20221015_135507.thumb.jpg.e76abce6d522cf731671c209d6a90110.jpg.d594892620cd4885ffde6fbcbeed067e.jpg

This is the plugs on the desk. 

20221015_135619.thumb.jpg.1192fd9c5311398d2e11d4533bc4624d.jpg.31f18cb199d4cb93f49a7782ce1bc7f3.jpg

I used a plug-in behind the side of the bed to use my phone charger. 

20221015_135600.thumb.jpg.a9ce58f445b2e56fe344f8f77e53e9fc.jpg.5835d6a81d5a0377d9df27394d5575ea.jpg

20221015_204736.thumb.jpg.6c9e629dcf7226fb85cbcb7658ad4bca.jpg.fcfa7fe260bf4764c431619eb9a5140c.jpg

So to answer your question, no, they have not upgraded their charging system.