Shared Table MDR

3rdPlace

10 minutes ago, 3rdPlace said:

Going Solo 4/22 Solstice, always enjoy a shared table, are they offered and if so, what is best way to make it happen

You will wait in line at the MDR entrance for a table. When your turn comes, simply tell the maître d' at the desk you would like to share a table.  They will make it happen.

Edited by xamsx

5 minutes ago, xamsx said:

You will wait in line at the MDR entrance for a table. When your turn comes, simply tell the maître d' at the desk you would like to share a table.  They will make it happen.

Great to Hear, Thank You!

1 hour ago, 3rdPlace said:

Going Solo 4/22 Solstice, always enjoy a shared table, are they offered and if so, what is best way to make it happen

This is great advice if you are on Select Dining. If you want to reduce your waiting time pre book your preferred dining time then when you arrive at the Desk you simply give your cabin number followed by "sharing please" and, if it's important to you, your preferred table size - our preference is a 6. At the same time you can mention that you always want to share. If you don't prebook you will end up in the line with everyone else who doesn't  have a reservation which,at popular times, can be long.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:34 AM, the penguins said:

This is great advice if you are on Select Dining. If you want to reduce your waiting time pre book your preferred dining time then when you arrive at the Desk you simply give your cabin number followed by "sharing please" and, if it's important to you, your preferred table size - our preference is a 6. At the same time you can mention that you always want to share. If you don't prebook you will end up in the line with everyone else who doesn't  have a reservation which,at popular times, can be long.

pre booked at 6:30 each night, thanks for the extra tips,

since i'm familiar with princess, the mdr breakfast and lunch sea days is quite easy to join a shared

table, imagine same with celebrity?

Observation: On our last cruise in 2022 we observed a young lady, 30ish, sitting a a table for two but close enough interact with neighbors, but she did not.

She sat alone, ate and left.

To each their own but its always more enjoyable to banter with others when on a cruise !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

Observation: On our last cruise in 2022 we observed a young lady, 30ish, sitting a a table for two but close enough interact with neighbors, but she did not.

To each their own but its always more enjoyable to banter with others when on a cruise !

That's one of the great things about sitting at a table for two, solo or two. Obliviously not everyone thinks it's always more enjoyable to banter (😂) with others. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

No, we do not find it enjoyable to be asked personal questions by strangers in a public venue where everyone around you can hear.

YMMV.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

indeed, glad it works for you.  When solo I eat alone, I don't like banter and I usually don't like others.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Maybe for you, but not for everyone. Not everyone cruises to "make new friends" and not everyone is comfortable with small talk.

We are in the "bantering" group. We love interacting with passengers from other countries and cultures. The best thing about cruising is you have the choice. No right or wrong, choose what suits.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, the penguins said:

We are in the "bantering" group. We love interacting with passengers from other countries and cultures. The best thing about cruising is you have the choice. No right or wrong, choose what suits.

We love to talk with other people from all over the world.

We have made some really close friends over the years, England, Scotland, India and of course the USA.

It never hurts to talk !

One of the best cruise conversations I had at dinner was with a stranger I shared a table for two with. He was a 26 year old male and I was a 48 year old woman.

I was cruising with my teenaged son who was with friends he had made, and my table mate was cruising with his girlfriend. He had proposed to her that day while in port. She was asleep in the room recovering from her day. We had a great time celebrating his happy news.

Edited by trummy
  • Like 1