Libery vs Anthem

RogueMonk

Hello:

We have FCC that we need to use -- narrowed it down between two cruise -- Anthem and Liberty. Itineraries are about equal to us. Liberty is cheaper. We have been on the Anthem and loved it.

Any thoughts on the Liberty vs. the Anthem?

(Yes, I have read reviews....looking for real-world advice. Thanks!)

What time of the year? Liberty is a great ship, but it does not have covered pool and/or solarium.

It does not have set Broadway shows, but there is an entertainment in Theater daily.

Also Liberty has ice arena for skating and shows.

Insides of Liberty do not have Virtual balconies.

It is more open ship with open sports deck rather than Seaplex. It has nice minigolf course, not sure about waterslides now.

Liberty has inside Promenade similar to Esplanade, but wider.

I suggest watching videos on Youtube.

This year we have 2 cruises on Anthem (11 dayer to Southern Caribbeans already sailed and 7 days to Bahamas for Thanksgiving) and 2 on Liberty (5 days to Bermuda in May and 9 days to Canada in September).

Edited by Tatka

I've been on Liberty twice and love that ship.  I love the ice shows not available on Quantum class ship as well as the "Tidal Wave" slide which I think is the best waterslide at sea. Not available on any other ship..

That being said, Anthem has a lot of great stuff Liberty doesn't... iFly, Northstar, Bumper cars to name a few.  Also, Anthem probably has a little more entertainment options.

Liberty may have more entertainment in theater if you already sailed on Anthem and watched WWRY, Gift, Spectra's Cabaret.

It does not have Music Hall, but there is Schooner and Boleros.

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

What time of the year? Liberty is a great ship, but it does not have covered pool and/or solarium.

It does not have set Broadway shows, but there is an entertainment in Theater daily.

Also Liberty has ice arena for skating and shows.

Insides of Liberty do not have Virtual balconies.

It is more open ship with open sports deck rather than Seaplex. It has nice minigolf course, not sure about waterslides now.

Liberty has inside Promenade similar to Esplanade, but wider.

I suggest watching videos on Youtube.

This year we have 2 cruises on Anthem (11 dayer to Southern Caribbeans already sailed and 7 days to Bahamas for Thanksgiving) and 2 on Liberty (5 days to Bermuda in May and 9 days to Canada in September).

Actually thinking of the Canada one in September on the Liberty.

Were you on the January 2 on the Anthem?

Yes we were. We are also on September 7th cruise to Canada on Liberty. We were on Adventure (very similar to Liberty, just a little bit shorter) last year with same itinerary.