A Return to Princess - Panama Canal, Caribbean Princess, 1/7/23-1/17/23

danacline

I was on this same cruise and we also very much enjoyed it.  Agree that food and drinks were good for the most part (but the scrambled eggs on the buffet were uniformly terrible!), and that the chili on the chili dog was not very good - haha!

We also had a table out in front of a door on our hall from day 2 to day 9 - Yikes!  So, it is still a risk.  None of us tested positive upon our return, but we mostly took the stairs, and masked on airplanes and buses and theater (we only went to 2 lectures and 1 show.)

And, most importantly, there WAS ping pong!  We played.  It is all the way aft kind of above that aft pool and bar, set up in a sectioned off area on the port side.  Two tables, plenty of paddles.  It's in an area with a big water toy setup.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:34 AM, phabric said:

Thank you for your helpful information.  I will be on Caribbean Princess Feb 20-Mar 2, Panama Canal.

Similar to phrabic, my wife and I also will be in this journey Feb 20 - Mar 2. We’ve cruised with Princess 16+ times, so we have a good idea of what to expect, but really appreciated your detailed recent review of this specific voyage… Thank you!

1 minute ago, bobcurt said:

Similar to phrabic, my wife and I also will be in this journey Feb 20 - Mar 2. We’ve cruised with Princess 16+ times, so we have a good idea of what to expect, but really appreciated your detailed recent review of this specific voyage… Thank you!

Go over to Princess Roll Call - Caribbean Princess -and find our Feb 20 Panama Canal Roll Call.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 1:06 PM, danacline said:

Cool, you should have a great time. If you see Suat at the Crooner's bar, tell her she's awesome. She might remember me as the blood orange margarita guy. She made the best drinks on the ship.

We are on the Mar 2 sailing and this is probably the best information you have passed on.  I mean, it’s all been valuable, but I sure hope she hasn’t run out of the blood orange syrup before I get there.

On 1/25/2023 at 7:20 AM, Tigerfan85 said:

I was on this same cruise and we also very much enjoyed it.  Agree that food and drinks were good for the most part (but the scrambled eggs on the buffet were uniformly terrible!), and that the chili on the chili dog was not very good - haha!

We also had a table out in front of a door on our hall from day 2 to day 9 - Yikes!  So, it is still a risk.  None of us tested positive upon our return, but we mostly took the stairs, and masked on airplanes and buses and theater (we only went to 2 lectures and 1 show.)

And, most importantly, there WAS ping pong!  We played.  It is all the way aft kind of above that aft pool and bar, set up in a sectioned off area on the port side.  Two tables, plenty of paddles.  It's in an area with a big water toy setup.

COVID will never go away but if you are vaxxed  and boosted the odds of getting really sick are much less   I do not know anyone who had not gotten it at least once. Masking on a crowded elevator is not a bad idea and when using public restrooms   Also masking in the buffet is not a bad idea. Other than that I just go about my cruise experience like I did pre pandemic

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 1:28 PM, memoak said:

COVID will never go away but if you are vaxxed  and boosted the odds of getting really sick are much less   I do not know anyone who had not gotten it at least once. Masking on a crowded elevator is not a bad idea and when using public restrooms   Also masking in the buffet is not a bad idea. Other than that I just go about my cruise experience like I did pre pandemic

memoak.....while you don't know me personally, I can tell you that I have not had covid.  And from the start I only wore a mask when required.  I got vaccinated as soon as I could and am triple boosted.  I've been on planes, trains, shuttles, buses, and cruises without a mask.

You would think that with that much exposure that I would've caught it if I was going to. Not so much as the sniffles.