EZ Air and Multi City Booking

Stelladoro

We've never used EZ Air and are considering booking air for multi city flights. We booked 2 cruises (back to back), but under 2 separate booking numbers (more OBC). Does this mean we'll need to book 2 one way flights or does EZ Air allow booking  multi city flights? 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Stelladoro said:

We've never used EZ Air and are considering booking air for multi city flights. We booked 2 cruises (back to back), but under 2 separate booking numbers (more OBC). Does this mean we'll need to book 2 one way flights or does EZ Air allow booking  multi city flights? 

Thanks 

We are doing a B2B this June booked as 2 cruises and are using EZ Air.

cruise 1 - Southampton to Copenhagen 

cruise 2 - Copenhagen to Southampton 

We had to book our outgoing flight as one way and our return flight as one way.

If we had booked as a single 28-day cruise, we would have been able to book round trip air.

It was frustrating, but the flight prices were comparable so it all worked out.

Hope this answer helps!

Edited by MustangGT

28 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

We are doing a B2B this June booked as 2 cruises and are using EZ Air.

cruise 1 - Southampton to Copenhagen 

cruise 2 - Copenhagen to Southampton 

We had to book our outgoing flight as one way and our return flight as one way.

If we had booked as a single 28-day cruise, we would have been able to book round trip air.

It was frustrating, but the flight prices were comparable so it all worked out.

Hope this answer helps!

That's what I suspected. Enjoy your Cruise!

On 1/19/2023 at 4:50 PM, Stelladoro said:

Thanks 

The advantage to this is if there is a cheaper flight it is easy to change. When you have return flights, if one leg is cheaper you cannot.rebook without canceling both legs and often the other leg will have increased, making it not cost effective to refare.

• Like 1

One thing to know is if you’re using Princess Protection insurance to cover your trip the cost of the airfare is only covered for trip interruption/cancelation under the voyage for which it is attached in your booking. By this I mean if you book r/t airfare under voyage 1 of a B2B trip, any interruption that might occur while on the second voyage, the insurance coverage and related recoverable amount will not include recovery of the cost of the flights under the first voyage. I hope this makes sense. 
We had an experience like this in 2019. A death in our family at home meant we had to disembark days earlier than planned (and in a different country) while on our second cruise and purchase new flight tickets home. The coverage limit of our policy, which we far exceeded, was set only by the cost of the cruise itself and not any flight cost booked under the first cruise. Sounds crazy I know but that’s how it worked in our case. 
I should have included our 2 voyages we’re not typical B2B in that there were 5 days between them but that doesn’t affect the coverage referred to here. 

Edited by gottagocit

10 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

One thing to know is if you’re using Princess Protection insurance to cover your trip the cost of the airfare is only covered for trip interruption/cancelation under the voyage for which it is attached in your booking. By this I mean if you book r/t airfare under voyage 1 of a B2B trip, any interruption that might occur while on the second voyage, the insurance coverage and related recoverable amount will not include recovery of the cost of the flights under the first voyage. I hope this makes sense. 
We had an experience like this in 2019. A death in our family at home meant we had to disembark days earlier than planned (and in a different country) while on our second cruise and purchase new flight tickets home. The coverage limit of our policy, which we far exceeded, was set only by the cost of the cruise itself and not any flight cost booked under the first cruise. Sounds crazy I know but that’s how it worked in our case. 

Didn’t you have 2 policies?  One for the outbound flight, which you already used?

And…

The 2nd  policy for the return flight and b2b cruise?  Why wouldn’t the 2nd policy cover your return flight?  

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Didn’t you have 2 policies?  One for the outbound flight, which you already used?

And…

The 2nd  policy for the return flight and b2b cruise?  Why wouldn’t the 2nd policy cover your return flight?  

Yes we did have two policies, one for each cruise. We bought r/t flights under the first cruise and therefore no flights under the second. In the eyes of the insurance only the second voyage was “interrupted” and no flights were booked under that voyage. We were told had we charged the depart and return flights under different voyages each would have been covered by its policy. 
At the time we booked it was just simpler to book them this way and I believe slightly cheaper but can’t recall for sure as to the cost. 

Time has changed the best way to book air fare, be it through EZair or simply on your own.  At one time it almost always made sense to seek out roundtrip fares.  But these days that is generally not the case.  Now, round trip fares do not always save money and, may actually cost you a lot of money.  

When shopping for air, look at both round trip and one way fares (often with multiple airlines).  Also look at options for other airports, even if they are a couple of hours distant from your location.  For example, when we book international air we will price out flights from many airports (MDT, IAD, BWI, PHL, EWR, and even JFK).  It sometimes makes a lot of sense to drive to a distant airport, even if it means booking a one-way rental car.  

In this era of too many flight cancelations, delays, mis routed luggage, etc. we are often willing to drive to a more distant airport simply to get a non-stop flight.  We view any flight change as a big increase in risk in terms of missing a connection (or having luggage miss a connection).  Also plan on flying-in to your embarkation port at least 1 (preferably 2) days prior to your cruise.  If you or your luggage goes astray, that extra 1-2 days will often be the difference between a slight inconvenience or a travel fiasco.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

…It sometimes makes a lot of sense to drive to a distant airport, even if it means booking a one-way rental car…

Hank

Hank,

Good advice. We were recently exploring options for making a trip to Scandinavia as part of our trip to view the northern lights above the arctic circle this fall and stumbled onto unbelievably low rates flying out of Dulles using ‘open jaw’ or ‘multiple cities’ on the other side. It’s well worth the 6 hour drive up to DC so we grabbed one heck of a deal last week and booked. 

46 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Hank,

Good advice. We were recently exploring options for making a trip to Scandinavia as part of our trip to view the northern lights above the arctic circle this fall and stumbled onto unbelievably low rates flying out of Dulles using ‘open jaw’ or ‘multiple cities’ on the other side. It’s well worth the 6 hour drive up to DC so we grabbed one heck of a deal last week and booked. 

Definitely a smart move, as long as the weather is not an issue, as far as driving.

But, always a non stop, if possible.  I look at the one way and roundtrip fares.

With EZ Air I haven’t seen much difference for one way or round trip on the International fares. 
So, I agree it is better on a true b2b to book them as two one ways.  Also, gives you a chance to reprice each one individually, if one goes down. 

Domestically, I haven’t found EZAir a bargain, whether OW or RT.  I usually book these directly with the airline and/or use my miles.  There is usually a little bit better price on the roundtrip.

YMMV

• Like 1

I had 2 cruises booked (Southampton-Southampton and Southampton- Southampton) on 2 separate booking numbers on the same ship.  The 2 bookings were linked.  The medallion showed the date as one sailing.  Your medallion will show your name, ship name, cruise date and the colour of your passenger status - blue, ruby, grey, black.

I booked one way when EzAir opened up for the first cruise.  I booked the return flight when the second EzAir date opened up.  If either air fare price changed, I was able to change without effecting the other fare.  If booked as return fare, if one price had changed, you can not changed just that fare.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Definitely a smart move, as long as the weather is not an issue, as far as driving.

But, always a non stop, if possible.  I look at the one way and roundtrip fares.

With EZ Air I haven’t seen much difference for one way or round trip on the International fares. 
So, I agree it is better on a true b2b to book them as two one ways.  Also, gives you a chance to reprice each one individually, if one goes down. 

Domestically, I haven’t found EZAir a bargain, whether OW or RT.  I usually book these directly with the airline and/or use my miles.  There is usually a little bit better price on the roundtrip.

YMMV

We completely agree and seldom to never use any cruise line air (including EZAIR) for domestic.  That being said, there are some times when EZAIR might offer a decent deal on domestic First/Business so it always makes sense to look at the options (which can be done online).

Hank