AmaWaterways Bucharest Hotel

pbeach

• 4 weeks later...

On December 15, 2022 we received an email from AMA advising rather than staying at the Radisson Blu, they moved our guests' reservations to the InterContinental Athenee Palace Bucharest.

This is for the boat arriving in Bucharest on May 7, 2023.  Not aware if this applies to all other 

cruises on AMA

23 hours ago, donap said:

On December 15, 2022 we received an email from AMA advising rather than staying at the Radisson Blu, they moved our guests' reservations to the InterContinental Athenee Palace Bucharest.

This is for the boat arriving in Bucharest on May 7, 2023.  Not aware if this applies to all other 

cruises on AMA

Same for us. Arriving April 9th. All though I don't recall getting an email about that specific change, just noticed it in our documents.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, critterchick said:

We are on the Grand Danube cruise in September 2023. Our hotel was changed from Radisson Blu to Marmorosch Bucharest. According to the website the hotel opened in 2020. It's an Autograph Collection property, in the Marriott portfolio.

Don't know anything about that hotel, but Marriott Autograph and Hilton Curio are generally very nice, historic (but modernized) hotels.  Not the cookie-cutter hotels of their primary marques.

[Don't get me wrong:  on our snowbird road trips, we only stay at Hilton Garden Inns because after a long day on the road it's nice to know when you walk in the main entrance where the check-in desk, bar, and elevators are and when you walk in your room where everything is – but on a European trip, we prefer classic, local style (as long as it isn't 'quaint'...)]

Quaint and boutique are expressions I steer well clear of when choosing hotels, oh and 

‘your home away from home’. If I’m only staying a day or two on route I’d choose one of the big companies you know you’ll get a good okay maybe basic product, clean and comfortable. It’s can get just a bit spooky rocking up to a crumbling old Manor House straight out of Agatha Christi last thing at night! We stayed the night in the Ibis in St Omar France what a surprise Centre of town as good if not better that a lot of your so called nearly high end offerings.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AmaWaterways Bucharest Hotel