Doing a 4 x Back to Back on Connie

MoodyCruiser44

Well next week we start our next adventure and doing 4 back to back cruises.

We wanted to escape the latest crisis, news and winter in the UK and worked out, even with a poor exchange rate, that it would be similar cost to what we would be paying at home.

We have our own coaching and training business  and will be still working!   

Going to be a very interesting experience and I know we will be learning loads.  

last time we travelled on Connie (6 years ago) we absolutely loved it, I know things have changed.  

As we go I’ll be giving my thoughts on the cruise/work experiences to help anyone considering doing something similar.  

Wish us luck

Ralph & Claire

• Like 4

I think you are going to LOVE this crew and Connie. If you enjoy coffee/tea, be sure to connect with Shiavani. She is such a lovely soul.

The ship itself has a few dings and dents, but the inside side furnishings were all recently redone and she is not sailing anywhere near full capacity. I have had not a single line worth mentioning. Even the two times I visited guest services was walk up. 

There is something special about this old gal. I can’t think of a better ship to do a 4xb2b!

Tampa is a great turn around port. Connie uses pier 6. There is a free trolley shuttle directly in front to move you around the city. I enjoyed the HOHO water taxi as well. I don’t believe that starts until 11:30, but that leaves plenty of time to ride both the north and south route. The HOhO will drop you off at the pier next to #6 so very convenient. 

My best to you!! I could easily spend more time on her 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 3

Looks like we may cross paths, we leave January 30th on 3 X B2B starting with Equinox. Will be doing a live post also so should be interesting. My only challenge in my mind about a live report is the length of time to report! 😅

Cheers! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Looks like we may cross paths, we leave January 30th on 3 X B2B starting with Equinox. Will be doing a live post also so should be interesting. My only challenge in my mind about a live report is the length of time to report! 😅

Cheers! 

It’s been super quick with the premium package. I am uploading my photos in less than a minute, but I think a live report with anything less than the premium wifi package would be very challenging. 

Ps- I have also sailed in equinox. It will be Interesting to read your comparisons. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

It’s been super quick with the premium package. I am uploading my photos in less than a minute, but I think a live report with anything less than the premium wifi package would be very challenging. 

Ps- I have also sailed in equinox. It will be Interesting to read your comparisons. 

We have premium Wi-Fi so should be good to go. This will be our third time on Equinox. We sailed on Connie during our Croatia cruise a couple years back. She was a great ship. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MoodyCruiser44 said:

Well next week we start our next adventure and doing 4 back to back cruises.

We wanted to escape the latest crisis, news and winter in the UK and worked out, even with a poor exchange rate, that it would be similar cost to what we would be paying at home.

We have our own coaching and training business  and will be still working!   

Going to be a very interesting experience and I know we will be learning loads.  

last time we travelled on Connie (6 years ago) we absolutely loved it, I know things have changed.  

As we go I’ll be giving my thoughts on the cruise/work experiences to help anyone considering doing something similar.  

Wish us luck

Ralph & Claire

Have an awesome cruise x4.  We were on Constellation (for the first time) in Oct/Nov.  It's a wonderful ship staffed with a terrific crew.

• Like 1

We did 21 days on her last January.  Great ship and cruise! Her public areas were all updated nicely.  Our sky suite was not, except for the balcony but in some respects the old decor is more comfortable.  The mattress had been updated so bed was very comfortable.  The TV was old, small, and not interactive but overall who goes on a cruise to watch TV anyway.  Tampa is a great port to sail from.  One word of advice, suite or no suite do not arrive before 11. They wouldn't open the gates for anyone before that, at least as of last year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think you are going to LOVE this crew and Connie. If you enjoy coffee/tea, be sure to connect with Shiavani. She is such a lovely soul.

The ship itself has a few dings and dents, but the inside side furnishings were all recently redone and she is not sailing anywhere near full capacity. I have had not a single line worth mentioning. Even the two times I visited guest services was walk up. 

There is something special about this old gal. I can’t think of a better ship to do a 4xb2b!

Tampa is a great turn around port. Connie uses pier 6. There is a free trolley shuttle directly in front to move you around the city. I enjoyed the HOHO water taxi as well. I don’t believe that starts until 11:30, but that leaves plenty of time to ride both the north and south route. The HOhO will drop you off at the pier next to #6 so very convenient. 

My best to you!! I could easily spend more time on her 🙂 🙂 🙂 

We’ve loved your posts xx

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Look forward to your Live post.   Were you lucky enough to get the same cabin for all cruises?    While it is really easy to change rooms it is so nice not to have to deal with the minor inconvenience.

No we’re all over the place.  Change of scenery will do us good.  

• Haha 1