every day menu items

suec12

Saw a news item about RCL and Carnival making changes to their everyday menus including not having escargot and French onion soup available every evening - not sure if this was going to be on Celebrity. So are these currently still be offered on the Celebrity ships? Thanks!

1 hour ago, suec12 said:

Saw a news item about RCL and Carnival making changes to their everyday menus including not having escargot and French onion soup available every evening - not sure if this was going to be on Celebrity. So are these currently still be offered on the Celebrity ships? Thanks!

It seems that most (not all) that are currently cruising or have been this month, have been reporting a few cuts but nothing drastic, at least from what I have read.  Overall very balanced and objective reviews and nothing I have seen has made me pause about booking Celebrity again based on food offerings.  Most of the comments here are from those either getting ready to soon (if 2024 & 2025 are soon) cruise etc. and don't like what they are "hearing".  

23 hours ago, suec12 said:

you saw a news item or did you see one of those YouTube cruise ranters who embellish everything?

• Like 1

Sadly I do not know how to link - it was an article in The Street "Royal Carribean Makes Dining Changes more Severe than Carnival" Try to google it? I did see the you tube ranters as

well but for now I'm hoping the escargot and French Onion Soup stay with us.

We have cruised twice since Covid. One change that I think has impacted MDR meals is the need to accommodate so many dining preferences? / dietary restrictions. You have 5 entrees usually at least two are a gluten free, a vegan option - I think that cuts down on variety of entrees. Just my opinion but I fear the days of pretty good dining may be fading away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suec12 said:

Sadly I do not know how to link - it was an article in The Street "Royal Carribean Makes Dining Changes more Severe than Carnival" Try to google it? I did see the you tube ranters as

well but for now I'm hoping the escargot and French Onion Soup stay with us.

We have cruised twice since Covid. One change that I think has impacted MDR meals is the need to accommodate so many dining preferences? / dietary restrictions. You have 5 entrees usually at least two are a gluten free, a vegan option - I think that cuts down on variety of entrees. Just my opinion but I fear the days of pretty good dining may be fading away.

I think I tried to link an article from that site and a big red haze came up in my message saying the Host had to approve.

To post a link all you do is copy the URL at top of browser and paste to message.   If you want to be really fancy ---  you can type a word and then highlight  and click the Chain Link at top and put the url and you make a Short Word linked to the URL.

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Check the app.   I posted the menu a day or two ago.   It is pretty much unchanged

Don;t know what ship you are currently onboard but the Apex MDR menus were completely decimated 2 weeks ago. All the traditional favorites like Prime Rib, Beef Tournados, Shrimp Scampi and Rack of Lamb are gone.

FYI we found that the menu's in the app are not accurate until onboard and connected to the ship;s WiFi !!!

Edited by TommyD3
  • Like 1

On Equinox the the first 2 sailings in January in MDR.  Had Tournados on the first Chic night on both sailings. Had prime rib on the second Chic night on the first sailing but they must have just been using up what they had left.   The second sailing second Chic night they had Lamb Provincial I think it was called and it was very nice looking lamb chops.

Escargot was missing a couple nights on the first sailing but was there every night on the second one.  The every day sirloin steak was pretty good as well.   I find the every day steak can be very hit or miss.

There is now pork chop on at least 2 menus.  The one I had on the first night was very tough and I wouldn't order it again.   Turkey dinner on the last night, the turkey was excellent.    I did miss them having turkey in the buffet at lunch.  That seems to be a strange cutback as turkey has to be about the cheapest protein out there.