Live from the Celebration 1/22/23 cruise

jimbo5544

Wow that's a little concerning that multiple announcements were made about a potential problem in the engine room. If they were concerned enough to start making multiple rapid announcements then were kinda  like... oh never mind we are all set... wait huh?

I type this as I sit at Miami hotel getting ready to board Celebration in the morning.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Wow that's a little concerning that multiple announcements were made about a potential problem in the engine room. If they were concerned enough to start making multiple rapid announcements then were kinda  like... oh never mind we are all set... wait huh?

I type this as I sit at Miami hotel getting ready to board Celebration in the morning.

I'll check in the morning to see if Gamera has returned on Deck 3 and caused any issues with my boarding tomorrow

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2023 at 11:36 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Not sure whether these prices are still in effect but additional info on Loft 19 for Mardi Gras and Celebration (I assume). 

https://cruiseradio.net/mardi-gras-loft-19-cabanas-how-much/

Thank you for posting this link.  Found an answer to my specific question.  Hope you cruise was awesome!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I do not like to add to rumor mills on this site, but thought I would report something that ahppened that is kind of unique and has never happened to us before.  Not long after we left Costa Maya, the Captain came on with an important announcement.  They had a medical emergency where they needed someone who was a blood donor, had a donor card and had a certain blood type.  They were asking for everyone matching their needs to come to the Piano Bar.  We ahd someone on our group that matched the bllod type and we hurried down there.  They were overwhelmed with people trying to help.  In our world of self entitlements and political isolation, I was extremely please t see the number of people who jumped to action.  Nice job Carnval Celebration cruisers.  

Wow! As a veteran nurse and cruiser I am shocked that they do this and have the capabilities. (And I know they can run a full code from there but still). Im impressed. That’s awesome. Humanity prevails. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

Wow! As a veteran nurse and cruiser I am shocked that they do this and have the capabilities. (And I know they can run a full code from there but still). Im impressed. That’s awesome. Humanity prevails. 

I’m a surgical tech. I’m impressed too! 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 11:32 AM, jimbo5544 said:

So we are trying something new here.  Someone in our group had done some on line exploring and found this place called Crazy Lobster.  Outside on the street it looked well ….. sketchy.  Here are some pics.  

2235BD26-7DDB-46D9-81E9-1E141C1E04EA.jpeg

7AF77C7C-F8CE-4D45-9987-737D5DBC3F76.jpeg

8A124102-02B2-403D-A657-2E6C147B0577.jpeg

8C0E66EA-D8E1-44EA-95C8-9D0F4D63F309.jpeg

How was it? We are debating all the beach clubs along that stretch?

Any advice... I am debating between the 9th floor extended balcony port side or 14 floor extended balcony starboard side on the Celebration (not aft)

I prefer to see the ports vs. the ocean when at port.... is starboard side better for this on the Western Itinerary?  Additionally, when leaving port of Miami, which side has views of the coast?

I am leaning towards the 14 floor but worried about getting sea sick.

Any and all advice is welcomed.

We have our first Aft balacony booked on the 9th floor right about the Landing.  But after reading this review I am wondering if it would be loud?  Also, would we be better to move up to deck 12 to avoud noise and for a better view?

Thanks for any input

On 1/28/2023 at 12:14 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I wonder what all the people are

lined  up  at GS for? Hmmmmm

C87AFDCE-C4CF-49D7-9399-C2F4677706C1.jpeg

The facial expressions and body language speak volumes in this line…

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review! I envy the pics of your cabin and balcony area!

1 hour ago, momof4girls said:

The facial expressions and body language speak volumes in this line…

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review! I envy the pics of your cabin and balcony area!

My pleasure, thanks for following along.  

13 hours ago, cjankowski said:

We have our first Aft balacony booked on the 9th floor right about the Landing.  But after reading this review I am wondering if it would be loud?  Also, would we be better to move up to deck 12 to avoud noise and for a better view?

Thanks for any input

I doubt there would be a ton of noise.  That said, my vote would be higher is much better.   The people on the first level were def on display from my standpoint.  That is why I always take 15.  

• Like 2