Celebrity Management Undercover? 👀

BridgeMates

Based on all the negative comments regarding food options lately, perhaps Ms. Perloff and staff might consider going "undercover"on a few different cruises to find out for themselves exactly what the complaints are all about.  Altho the CEO would most likely be recognized and it's hard to believe she could be treated like any regular passenger, I'm thinking there are other responsible people who could travel freely without being known.....no special treatment.....just be regular guests.

It's time for Celebrity to "go to the border,  oops.... the scene of the crime" and find out for themselves what they can do to stem the bad publicity they're getting.  Maybe it can be "fixed" economically with a few changes in restaurant menus.  Obviously you can't please all the people all the time, but since Celebrity is one of my favorites,  I sure hope they'll get back to being my go-to first cruise line.  

Celebrity Management......Get Out There!! 🥸

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Based on all the negative comments regarding food options lately, perhaps Ms. Perloff and staff might consider going "undercover"on a few different cruises to find out for themselves exactly what the complaints are all about.  Altho the CEO would most likely be recognized and it's hard to believe she could be treated like any regular passenger, I'm thinking there are other responsible people who could travel freely without being known.....no special treatment.....just be regular guests.

It's time for Celebrity to "go to the border,  oops.... the scene of the crime" and find out for themselves what they can do to stem the bad publicity they're getting.  Maybe it can be "fixed" economically with a few changes in restaurant menus.  Obviously you can't please all the people all the time, but since Celebrity is one of my favorites,  I sure hope they'll get back to being my go-to first cruise line.  

Interesting idea but in the end no matter how they receive feed back would they consider listening and taking action. The business is theirs to run and they have a board and stockholders to answer to.  If people stop cruising due to cutbacks and high prices that will be the ultimate feedback. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

As far as I know, the only "bad publicity" X is getting is on CC...

No publications OR TV/Cable News unless I missed it???

bon voyage 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage 

You won’t find this on the evening news. However, based on many items on this board the feedback is helping people decide whether to move their business to another line, continue with Celebrity, or maybe opt for a different vacation all together.  If Celebrity doesn’t take cruisers concerns seriously they may lose them. It’s a lot tougher to win a customer back then keep them in the fold. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

You won’t find this on the evening news. However, based on many items on this board the feedback is helping people decide whether to move their business to another line, continue with Celebrity, or maybe opt for a different vacation all together.  If Celebrity doesn’t take cruisers concerns seriously they may lose them. It’s a lot tougher to win a customer back then keep them in the fold. 

If you compare the number of negative posters on cruise critic to the total number of celebrity guests, the ratio is minimal.     Ive seen people complain that the slice of meat they were given at the carving station was very small.  All they had to do was ask for two, three, or four slices.   Sometimes complaints are a little rediculous and made for the sake of complaining

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

Exactly!  Sad to say, but we have done exactly that.  Won’t bore readers with the list of changes in quality, loyalty benefits and cuts in general X has made over time, but our recent cruise with them was enough for us to switch several cruises to another cruise line.  That decision didn’t come easily, because X has been a huge part of our travel life, and has been our primary 95% go to for many years.  In the end, we have voted with our feet and ultimately our cruise dollars.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

They should attempt to eat the poor food choices in the MDR and OVC.  And then go on a Princess cruise to experience a better menu.  

Once they do this LLP will want to move to another cruise line.

Or just put their menus back to their previous goodness.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

They should attempt to eat the poor food choices in the MDR and OVC.  And then go on a Princess cruise to experience a better menu.  

Once they do this LLP will want to move to another cruise line.

Or just put their menus back to their previous goodness.

That was our recent experience.  We took a cruise on Princess, loved the food, service and ship.  A month later took a cruise with X and the difference in cruise quality was very clear.  Celebrity has been making changes over time, this didn’t happen overnight.  Who really offers a premium experience in the mass market cruise line business.  IMHO, it use to be Celebrity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RHudson1825 said:

This not unique to celebrity.  All the cruise lines are having to make changes based on debt incurred sure to COVID. 

Yet when you compare Princess MDR menus to Celebrity MDR menus, the Princess menu wins out easily.

The food reviews on the X ships are just totally sad right now.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

Yet when you compare Princess MDR to Celebrity MDR menus, the Princess menu wins out easily.

The food reviews on the X ships are just totally sad right now.

I am the beyond next week so will see for myself. I find that many people like to complain. The worst food on a cruise for me was NCL right before COVID. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

Exactly!  Sad to say, but we have done exactly that.  Won’t bore readers with the list of changes in quality, loyalty benefits and cuts in general X has made over time, but our recent cruise with them was enough for us to switch several cruises to another cruise line.  That decision didn’t come easily, because X has been a huge part of our travel life, and has been our primary 95% go to for many years.  In the end, we have voted with our feet and ultimately our cruise dollars.  

I hope you will write a letter to Celebrity explaining what you have done and why. They need to know the reasons behind switches like yours, in order to understand that their decisions definitely have created consequences

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RHudson1825 said:

I am the beyond next week so will see for myself. I find that many people like to complain. The worst food on a cruise for me was NCL right before COVID. 

I have looked at the Celebrity menus.  I would not go to such a restaurant on land with such poor food choices.

Sure I will not starve, but I will probably have to pay a fee to upgrade to the specialty dining to get a decent cut of fish or beef.  No tilapia, turkey, or sirloin for me.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

I hope you will write a letter to Celebrity explaining what you have done and why. They need to know the reasons behind switches like yours, in order to understand that their decisions definitely have created consequences

When I called in to cancel, I was questioned in detail about why I was doing this.  I’m assuming X is seeing a significant enough number of cancellations to become at least curious. 

• Like 7

My mom and I take a yearly trip to Bermuda on the Summit. We also just found a last minute NCL cruise next month. I absolutely will be comparing both trips this year and if the cuts are this substantial on X, we'll book on NCL's Bermuda trip starting in 2024. 

Edited by psuboater
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I have looked at the Celebrity menus.  I would not go to such a restaurant on land with such poor food choices.

Sure I will not starve, but I will probably have to pay a fee to upgrade to the specialty dining to get a decent cut of fish or beef.  No tilapia, turkey, or sirloin for me.

We have always sailed Aqua class, and eat most of our dinners in Blu.  On our January cruise, we were very disappointed in the menus at Blu.  Few choices, mediocre quality.  IMHO, Blu offered a good dinner menu two out of the seven nights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage 

Don't discount social media -- it's where most millennials and younger (i.e., Celebrity's future customers) get their news.

My 30-year-old DS has never had a cable bill and thinks newspapers are something his 95-year-old grandfather reads.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, psuboater said:

My mom and I take a yearly trip to Bermuda on the Summit. We also just found a last minute NCL cruise next month. I absolutely will be comparing both trips this year and if the cuts are this substantial on X, we'll book on NCL's Bermuda trip starting in 2024. 

For us, the closest comparable cruise line is Princess.  We’ve sailed NCL and HAL, and like them both, but personally can’t put them in the same category as Princess and Celebrity.  Just my personal experience, YMMV!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

This should be compolsary at least once a year for every senior member of the Management Team and all the people in the Corporate Office. It's very clear when you talk to anyone in Corporate that they are not "cruisers", yes they go on the ships for a few days but never as ordinary passengers. Their experience should start by simply trying to book a cruise using X's award winning system. The President's cruise is always promoted as having lots of extras so again not a "typical" experience.

On the positive sign X does listen and react (albeit very slowly) as was clearly shown when passenger pressure resulted in it dropping  compolsary AI for all cabins below Aqua.

• Like 3

bon voyage 

I have seen several posts in various groups on Facebook.  I suspect other social media is the same.  I would be surprised to see anything on TV/Cable News.

• Like 1

bon voyage 

You missed it on social media and Youtube.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

This should be compolsary at least once a year for every senior member of the Management Team and all the people in the Corporate Office. It's very clear when you talk to anyone in Corporate that they are not "cruisers", yes they go on the ships for a few days but never as ordinary passengers. Their experience should start by simply trying to book a cruise using X's award winning system. The President's cruise is always promoted as having lots of extras so again not a "typical" experience.

On the positive sign X does listen and react (albeit very slowly) as was clearly shown when passenger pressure resulted in it dropping  compolsary AI for all cabins below Aqua.

Since we always cruise Aqua, that’s been and still is a thorn in my saddle.  
We occasionally like to use our E+ perks like evening cocktails, WiFi etc instead of buying the package.  The “required AI” policy negated our most valuable perks.

have to admit that PMO the most.  So serious, I took LLP off my Christmas card list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1