Observations on Equinox as of Jan. 2.

39august

Had a great Jan b2b on our fav ship EQ. All staff absolutely friendly and outgoing except for one young lady in Al Bacio. The staff everywhere else more than made up for her. Staff in Luminae just is so wonderful words can't do them justice. No changes to the Luminae menus. We requested some extra "greens" for each dinner and were always happy with what our waiter brought.  Buffet lunch was great as usual. Dinner was definitely less, but looked like enough food to me. Do be aware that  prices have gone up, except the specialties, which went way up back in about Sept. Spa prices and Sushi on 5 higher now. Spa 50 minutes massage now $199. Fire and Ice pedi now $89. First cruise Jan. 2 was about 2300 and Jan.12 was 2700. And it was obviously more crowded than we have seen since the re-start. We all were spoiled with those low numbers at the beginning!  The string duo who were on as far back as last July were still on board and still fabulous. The soloist, Chloe, was great with sets of different themes, Irish, 60's, country western, etc. The first cruise had a couple of great guest entertainers; Take Three, which was 3 young ladies with grand piano, violin and cello and the other a female singer impersonator who absolutely NAILED Janis, Barbra, Cher, etc. All wines we  wanted in the premium package were available. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We were also on the same B2B.   We were in the MDR and the menu changes were noticeable with a couple of nights where I didn't see anything I wanted.  French onion soup was very good.

Take 3   What a group of talented young people.   I'd rate them in the top 5 guest performers we have seen on Celebrity.  A very unique show.  I'd love to see them again.  They were onboard the entire sailing and was fun to see them enjoying it as a vacation as well.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Take 3   What a group of talented young people.   I'd rate them in the top 5 guest performers we have seen on Celebrity.  A very unique show.  I'd love to see them again.  They were onboard the entire sailing and was fun to see them enjoying it as a vacation as well.

Loved Take Three as well. Wow!  What an incredible group of talented musicians. They mentioned they had 12 music degrees amongst the 3 of them & from top music schools.  We were so delighted when they returned at the end of the cruise to perform again.

Agree with @39augustthat the singer who joked that she was a female impressionist (not impersonator) did nail every singer she performed, not just by changing her look (wig) but her voice, moves & entire act. She even did a male singer.  

Finally, we also enjoyed Matt & Lainey which highlighted his guitar(s) playing and loved his fantastic interpretation of Dire Straits’ Sultans of Swing, as well as other songs. 

The shows on this cruise were really extra special.  

Edited by Islander500

We usually don't do excursions anymore, but the X Willamsted trolley tour was quite interesting. Saw all those colored buildings up close with lots of historical info. We did do lunch in the OVC and found lots of very good food choices there. The ice cream is my undoing!

5 hours ago, dock said:

Good to hear a positive perspective. Did you only dine in Luminae? 
Any excursions you would recommend ?

Thank you. 

West Side Treasures in St Lucia was one of best ship excursions we’ve done & great use of OBC. Review posted in Caribbean destination board. 

• Like 1