Splendour on TV.

janecambridge

2 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Wonder why they couldn't film the real cruise.

Two possible reasons:

1. They wanted to finalise the film for showing early in 2023, and needed time to edit & add the voiceover

2. The film crew wanted to be home for Christmas

They did the same with the 2021 version (with John Baron). That was filmed on the two cruises preceding the Christmas cruise.

3 hours ago, Pack Leader said:

Will watch the next episode from behind a cushion.

You won't be alone - but of course, we'll be behind a different cushion 🙂 

We were cringing too, but realise that it's difficult to portray those small details that make our Regent cruises so special.  For the most part, you've just got to experience it first hand I think!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Two possible reasons:

1. They wanted to finalise the film for showing early in 2023, and needed time to edit & add the voiceover

2. The film crew wanted to be home for Christmas

They did the same with the 2021 version (with John Baron). That was filmed on the two cruises preceding the Christmas cruise.

Third reason: the Christmas cruise is full of revenue passengers, and they didn't want to give up suites for free to the film crew on that one! 😉 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gilly said:

You won't be alone - but of course, we'll be behind a different cushion 🙂 

We were cringing too, but realise that it's difficult to portray those small details that make our Regent cruises so special.  For the most part, you've just got to experience it first hand I think!

They need Jane McDonald on the case 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Techno123 said:

They need Jane McDonald on the case 😜

Please no!   (Nor Susan Calman !)

As for the jigsaws, how does she ensure that all the pieces are there?  Does she count them?

Edited by Gilly
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

Please no!   (Nor Susan Calman !)

As for the jigsaws, how does she ensure that all the pieces are there?  Does she count them?

At least Susan doesn't discuss whether she remembered her big pants 😂😂😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Having watched the clip you purchased guess where I bought this 😂😂

Look carefully behind them 😜

D23380F7-F206-4623-AE1F-895C6FFD0CC4.jpeg

Where did you find this globe. I have one I purchased on a Regent ship a few years ago and want another. Current cruises don't seem to carry them any more.

29 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

Where did you find this globe. I have one I purchased on a Regent ship a few years ago and want another. Current cruises don't seem to carry them any more.

29 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

On the Navigator before Christmas 😁

On 1/22/2023 at 11:25 PM, Huggsy said:

I watched the recent programme about Splendor and ended up fast forwarding most of it - an absolute cringe-fest containing fabricated melodramatic nonsense. The constant reference to price tagging food items, ornaments, lighting, etc, was embarrassing. I would like to have seen more of the ship rather than the cheesy wooden performances of the senior staff, and the narration was toe curling.

I could not agree more - I have sailed with Regent a number of times and did not recognize what was presented in the Channel 5 programme aired last week - We are on Splendor at the end of March 2023 and I hope the 3 L's have moved to other ships lol.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have just caught up with the first episode of the C5 documentary .............. Oh dear!! ............ if someone thought this was a good way to market Regent in the UK then IMO they were sadly mistaken.

The Christmas episode (available on YouTube) did seem a little better.

On 1/29/2023 at 5:53 PM, Gilly said:

It was the inference that Regent guests go around the ship intent on stealing jigsaw pieces that had us gasping!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2023 at 9:10 PM, CJANDH said:

We got ours on Explorer last March.

Well yesterday’s programme was a bit less cringeworthy and actually gave a little bit of insight into Regent as a cruise line. Hopefully the next few shows will gradually improve and help differentiate RSSC from other cruise lines and highlight the ship, dining, shore excursions etc and move away from being a soap opera, like the first episode.

On 1/31/2023 at 7:46 AM, flossie009 said:

We have just caught up with the first episode of the C5 documentary .............. Oh dear!! ............ if someone thought this was a good way to market Regent in the UK then IMO they were sadly mistaken.

The Christmas episode (available on YouTube) did seem a little better.

It was the inference that Regent guests go around the ship intent on stealing jigsaw pieces that had us gasping!

We did many jigsaws on our Explorer cruise in Dec and many times there were one or two pieces missing at the end 

If I had a dollar for every time someone went past and joked about taking a piece I’d be able to fund my cruising habit for a year - but thankfully most were only joking 

• 2 weeks later...