Bella Balcony Bookings

tkwbear

All my cruises on MSC have been Fantastica balconies. However, prices are skyrocketing in Europe for the summer, and I may have to cut some corners. IF you have booked a Bella Balcony, I would very much like to hear your experience(s), good or bad.

24 minutes ago, tkwbear said:

All my cruises on MSC have been Fantastica balconies. However, prices are skyrocketing in Europe for the summer, and I may have to cut some corners. IF you have booked a Bella Balcony, I would very much like to hear your experience(s), good or bad.

If you do not care the free room service or the ability to pick your cabin location,  then you will be fine.  We booked a bella balcony and they upgraded our cabin location.   We are fine with a bella experience. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tkwbear said:

What I am concerned about is getting a blocked balcony at the bow. 

I'm a Diamond member. Do you think that would help in getting a decent room?

Nope, not one bit.  Bella Balcony cabins are in less desirable locations; that's why they are cheaper. Best bet if you are concerned is to pay and upgrade to Fantastica and pick your balcony.

I booked Bella guaranteed cabins twice. Got 9275 and 9142. I'm perfectly happy with them but if your not one for taking a chance maybe better to pay the difference and pick your own . ( both on Divina) 

Edited by Dunchues
Forgot to name boat!

16 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Nope, not one bit.  Bella Balcony cabins are in less desirable locations; that's why they are cheaper. Best bet if you are concerned is to pay and upgrade to Fantastica and pick your balcony.

It used to be locations MSC found less desirable (in shade of overhang, view to the water blocked by life boats, near the bow/stern and especially the ones with a metal (non glass) railing). Nowaways its the cabins that are left over, in other words the ones that were not chosen by Fantastica experience passengers. So in theory, you might get quite a good location actually.

2 hours ago, KKB said:

I booked Bella balcony for my upcoming Divina cruise.

Both are midship deluxe balconies, partial view. One deck 8, one deck 13.

Not too bad. 

Prices were unbelievable.

I do realize now that the one on deck 13 is right below the pool deck...had that this month on Carnival. 

Didn't bother me until the last couple nights I was under the weather & in bed early...those deck parties aren't much fun right underneath! 
Guess I better plan on attending all deck parties...or be somewhere else on the ship.😉

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2023 at 6:46 PM, Essiesmom said:

The cabin will be the same, just the location will not be as desirable…or what others have deemed desirable.  EM

This is not true and I had a good conversation with an MSC booking agent. It all depends on how full the ship gets and when you booked. 

You get a guaranteed balcony. If the cruise is very desirable and they have a great sale, many of the less desirable balconies will actually get booked for the experience part of Fantastica. e.g. scheduled dining and no room service fees. If all of the junior suites and obstructed views are booked via fantastica, you will get whatever is left. As I was told some even get bumped up to Aurea! 

In October I booked a Bella inside and was given a balcony because the insides got taken by Fantastica bookings. 

I have a cruise coming up in October and as of today all of the "bad" balconies are actually booked. So I know I am not getting one of them. I hope this helps. It is a crap shoot but try to book cruises that will sell out, these give you the best odds of getting a nice big balcony or even an upgrade! 

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 

Try to avoid posting to old, long dead threads because they often contain out of date information. 

In this case, you’re responding to a post made 15 months ago. 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 

Try to avoid posting to old, long dead threads because they often contain out of date information. 

In this case, you’re responding to a post made 15 months ago. 

I assume that you know this is the only thread on CC about Bella Balcony, so where else should I post this?