How To View RCCL Excursions Before Booking A Sailing

17 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

How can I view RCCL excursions that are available for a particular sailing so I can decide if I like the options and want to book the cruise?  

Unfortunately, you cannot.  You could try searching for a roll call for that particular sailing and maybe someone can look in the cruise planner to see what is offered.  But that doesn't mean that there will still be spots open by the time you book. And if you're looking pretty far out in the future, excursions haven't been showing up in the planner nearly as soon as pre-Covid, for those of us already booked.  Heck I still have some things slowly showing up in the planner for a cruise in May--and nothing showing yet for some late this year.  

37 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

How can I view RCCL excursions that are available for a particular sailing so I can decide if I like the options and want to book the cruise?  

Google the ports and see what the ports offer for independent tours. Will be pretty close to what the ship will offer.

• Like 1

I can't find a way to see specific excursions on specific ship(s), and specific itineraries.  Even if you purchase a cruise, the farther out you are from embarkation, the less excursions you will see.  I'm guessing that RCCL, et al, doesn't stop looking for excursions to offer its passengers until about 30 days out.  So, until just before embarkation day, it's a never ending process and it's possible that not all excursions are offered until they are sure they can't contract any more.   So, until about 30 days out, it's kind of a crap shoot as to making a decision about an itinerary/ship.  Good luck.

48 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

If you are working with a TA they have access to the cruise planner for the majority of ships and can see the excursions offered and the price for that sailing.

Unfortunately this availability is not available ion the consumer website.

• Like 2

The cruise is May 2024 with the same sailing in June 2023.  We've been on almost 50 cruises and are  Diamond+, but find it disappointing that RCCL and Celebrity no longer show tour options without booking.  It's sad that we're looking at spending almost 12K and have no idea what tours would be available.  We stopped sailing on RCCL when they began the NRD on suites, but to make me search all over the place to find out what tours they're selling is ridiculous.  It seems like a poor way to encourage you to book a sailing.  

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

The cruise is May 2024 with the same sailing in June 2023.  We've been on almost 50 cruises and are  Diamond+, but find it disappointing that RCCL and Celebrity no longer show tour options without booking.  It's sad that we're looking at spending almost 12K and have no idea what tours would be available.  We stopped sailing on RCCL when they began the NRD on suites, but to make me search all over the place to find out what tours they're selling is ridiculous.  It seems like a poor way to encourage you to book a sailing.  

If you look on the app, “select a different cruise”, “browse our ships”, and select that ships sailing date with a similar itinerary that you’re interested in, it will show the excursions offered under the daily planner or excursions tab, especially if it’s a current cruise. Gives a rough idea what’s offered at ports.

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise

6 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

If you look on the app, “select a different cruise”, “browse our ships”, and select that ships sailing date with a similar itinerary that you’re interested in, it will show the excursions offered under the daily planner, especially if it’s a current cruise. Gives a rough idea what’s offered at ports.

I'm looking at the Jewel on 5-30-24 and the same itinerary is on 6-17-23, but the app only shows sailings up to 4-22-23.  Another CC responder provided a work around: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JW&sailDate=20230617

Edited by shirazcruiser

It really is annoying that they removed that feature from their website.  And they didn't do it very cleanly.  You can find links to "Browse all of our Excursions", but they have been set up to take you back to a worthless page on their train wreck of a web site.  Part of my decision making on whether to book a cruise is to see what Royal offers for shore excursions for the ports on cruise.  Irritating to not be able to easily do this.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 2

My question for those that cruise various cruise lines throughout the year, does the other cruise lines do any better.  Can they commit to you that a foreign company will provide a service like excursions 3, 6, 9, 12 months out.  Especially since a lot of those companies didn't survive the COVID debacle and the cruise industry is still struggling to get contracted with new or restarted excursion companies, many of which are just Ma & Pa businesses.  I honestly think all the cruise lines in the same category as RCCL are having the same issues.  I could be totally wrong but that is my feeling.  The good news, things are and have been coming back to normal and maybe, just maybe, we will be able to see excursions much further out. 

50 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

My question for those that cruise various cruise lines throughout the year, does the other cruise lines do any better.  Can they commit to you that a foreign company will provide a service like excursions 3, 6, 9, 12 months out.  Especially since a lot of those companies didn't survive the COVID debacle and the cruise industry is still struggling to get contracted with new or restarted excursion companies, many of which are just Ma & Pa businesses.  I honestly think all the cruise lines in the same category as RCCL are having the same issues.  I could be totally wrong but that is my feeling.  The good news, things are and have been coming back to normal and maybe, just maybe, we will be able to see excursions much further out. 

Yes, some of the excursions may not be available for your cruise due to any number of reasons, but at least you can get an idea of what there is to do in the ports that might visit.  To name a few...

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/shore-excursions.html

Celebrity (owned by Royal Caribbean's parent company) makes it a little more challenging because I think you have to first drill into a destination, then find the link to view excursions, but it works.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/santorini/shore-excursions

Edited by MeHeartCruising

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I'm looking at the Jewel on 5-30-24 and the same itinerary is on 6-17-23, but the app only shows sailings up to 4-22-23.  Another CC responder provided a work around: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/shorex?bookingId=0000000&shipCode=JW&sailDate=20230617

There a thread on Celebrity CC that provides the above info about a work around.