Seascape/Seashore 19016 (YIN)

bundtkate

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on either Seascape or Seashore? We just booked Seascape for early next year and this is where my TA put us out the gate. I'm intrigued because it looks ever-so-slightly bigger than other YINs on the deck plan, but I'm a bit uncertain about it being surrounded by unknown areas and being right below the One Pool deck. Are these surrounding areas noisy? Do you hear deck chairs being dragged on the pool deck late at night? I'm trying to figure out if I should ask for a change while there are still options open.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I would be delighted with this assignment personally and don’t think you have anything to worry about. The area in question is very quiet and dare I say, a very quiet room. I would take this location any day over the YC balcony we had on Seashore. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CarolnLarry said:

I was in 19027 last week and it was very noisy

Looks like that's one of the balcony rooms that would be below the pool deck area. One thing that makes me think maaaaaybe 19016 will be okay is that it's below some unknown area that doesn't have deck chairs. On the other hand it's kinda by the grill so it might have food prep noise? But does the grill even do breakfast? At present I'm thinking of sticking with it because I'm curious about the size difference, but we'll see.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:16 PM, bundtkate said:

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on either Seascape or Seashore? We just booked Seascape for early next year and this is where my TA put us out the gate. I'm intrigued because it looks ever-so-slightly bigger than other YINs on the deck plan, but I'm a bit uncertain about it being surrounded by unknown areas and being right below the One Pool deck. Are these surrounding areas noisy? Do you hear deck chairs being dragged on the pool deck late at night? I'm trying to figure out if I should ask for a change while there are still options open.

We are actually going to be staying in 19018 (the balcony room right across the hall from that room!) on Seascape in April, so I’ll try and remember to let you know how our experience was! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bundtkate said:

Looks like that's one of the balcony rooms that would be below the pool deck area. One thing that makes me think maaaaaybe 19016 will be okay is that it's below some unknown area that doesn't have deck chairs. On the other hand it's kinda by the grill so it might have food prep noise? But does the grill even do breakfast? At present I'm thinking of sticking with it because I'm curious about the size difference, but we'll see.

Yes, they do breakfast.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ncnurse12 said:

I’ll try and remember to let you know how our experience was!

That would be perfect, thank you! By my very scientific test of putting my finger on the screen the swapping decks, your cabin is also a smidge below that mystery area so that should be most excellent info.

• 11 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 8:16 PM, bundtkate said:

I'm curious how your trip went (goes). We are booked in this cabin in March on Seascape.

9 hours ago, Erekosse said:

I'm curious how your trip went (goes). We are booked in this cabin in March on Seascape.

So the cabin is very nice, but I'm pretty sure the area above is a kitchen. There was def some banging at late/early hours and I think the sound of a dishwasher fairly often? The dishwasher was kind of like white noise so maybe not a huge deal to folks who can sleep through that, but it was overall on the louder side of cabins I've stayed in. I didn't find it disrupted my sleep, but my husband is a lighter sleeper than I am and it woke him up at times. Not super loud, imo, but "loud" is subjective and I'd bring earplugs to be safe, especially if you're a lighter sleeper.

I'll be posting a more in-depth review soonish, but I got sick right at the end of the trip (Saturday) and am just now starting to recover so maybe I'll get to it this weekend. 🤞 In short, though, I really enjoyed the cruise. I had my gripes (like most of us usually do), but for the price I paid it was a bargain and I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

Same room for us in Dec 2024 -- thanks for letting me know...some extra drinks should do the trick.  My snoring should be louder than the banging...I think right above the rooms is the kitchen/prep area for the pool...

Edited by xcell

On 1/24/2023 at 9:40 PM, killsport said:

Anyone been in 18029 on either of these ships? Was it quiet?

I realize this question was asked a year ago, but we had YIN Yacht Club Interior Suite 18029 on Seascape last month.  While DH slept like a log the entire week, I was kept awake by weird swooshing noises similar to a toilet flushing minus the vacuum.  In my mind it had something to do with the swimming pool water sloshing into overflow vats and periodically emptying down a pipe.

Edited by Stem to Stern