Latitudes Points Missing

michelle-nh

So, the Mediterranean cruise on the Epic that we took in summer of 2019 disappeared from our Latitudes account. I know it was in there. I remember seeing it when we booked an Alaskan cruise for summer 2020, which we obviously had to cancel before it happened. We haven’t cruised since 2020 and honestly I hadn’t paid much attention to our account other than to check on our CN certificates to make sure they weren’t going to expire. 

But now we have another cruise booked (90 more days, yay!!), so I am paying attention. And sure enough the Med cruise is no longer there. I tried to let them know, but can’t because the time limit has expired. 

So, I suppose my next step is to call customer service. But I’m not optimistic. Has anyone else had this happen? Any advice? Is there any chance of getting my points back?

Edited by michelle-nh

• michelle-nh changed the title to Latitudes Points Missing
7 hours ago, michelle-nh said:

So, the Mediterranean cruise on the Epic that we took in summer of 2019 disappeared from our Latitudes account. I know it was in there. I remember seeing it when we booked an Alaskan cruise for summer 2020, which we obviously had to cancel before it happened. We haven’t cruised since 2020 and honestly I hadn’t paid much attention to our account other than to check on our CN certificates to make sure they weren’t going to expire. 

But now we have another cruise booked (90 more days, yay!!), so I am paying attention. And sure enough the Med cruise is no longer there. I tried to let them know, but can’t because the time limit has expired. 

So, I suppose my next step is to call customer service. But I’m not optimistic. Has anyone else had this happen? Any advice? Is there any chance of getting my points back?

Yes this happened to me.  I did eventually get the points back, but, only after several weeks of follow up with NCL.  They can't fix the issue on the phone, but, they will send an email to IT outlining the issue, and then it takes 2-3 weeks as they are having a number of issues.  

So, a happy update to this. For some reason, apparently my husband and I each have two Latitude accounts. The solution is as “simple” as merging the two accounts and they are working on that now. So we will get our points back. I’m very pleased it was so simple. I was expecting major frustration.

• Like 5

Check right away after your cruise to check-up on NCL.

There is a one year limit on adjustments:

LATITUDES REWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAM

At Norwegian, we value and reward our loyal guests. Our recently enhanced Latitudes Rewards Program will make your cruising experience even more incredible by giving you access to unlock a new world of rewards. Plus, the more you sail with us, the more points you receive, so elevating your status is a breeze. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

How ToEARN POINTS

After your first cruise with Norwegian, you’re automatically enrolled in our Latitudes Rewards program so you can unlock a world of rewards that gives you access to the extraordinary. Enjoy exclusive onboard experiences, discounts, offers for members only and much more. Plus, the more you sail with us, the more you earn, so elevating your status is a breeze.
ways to earn a

Cruise Often

Earn 1 point for every cruise night

ways to earn b

Cruise Well

Earn 1 additional point per night for booking a suite* or The Haven

ways to earn c

Cruise Smart

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer

*Full-fare Suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include Club Balcony Suites

Understanding YourTIER BENEFITS*

133x320_bronze.jpg 133x320_silver.jpg 133x320_gold.jpg 133x320_platinum.jpg 133x320_saphire.jpg 133x320_dimond.jpg 133x320_ambasador.jpg
ONBOARD BENEFITS
Keycard Recognition              
Signature Tier Pins              
Onboard Latitudes Rewards Representative              
Free Artwork for Attending Art Auction*              
Unlimited Open Bar Package Discount7* 30% 40% 40% 45% 45% 50% 50%
Discounts in Duty-Free Shops2* 10% 15% 15% 15% 15% 15% 15%
Discounts on Shore Excursions4   10% 10% 10% 15% 15% 20%
Discounts on Photos5*   20% 25% 30% 30% 30% 30%
Onboard Discounts on Spa Signature Treatments while the Ship is in Port*   15% 20% 25% 25% 25% 25%
Exclusive Cocktail Party              
Laundry Service     50% off 1 bag 1 free bag 1 free bag 1 free bag 1 free bag
Priority Tender Tickets              
Priority Disembarkation*
(only available to U.S. Citizens and benefit varies for international guests)

Flow® Water Cartons     1 carton 1 carton 2 carton 2 carton 2 carton
Priority Check-In / Embarkation              
Internet Package Discount       15% 20% 25% 25%
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two6
(per stateroom)

Wines Around the World Tasting3              
Behind-the-Scenes Ship Tour              
Concierge Service*              
Priority Restaurant & Entertainment Seating*
(subject to availability)

Dinner with Officers3*              
Exclusive Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience              
CRUISE PLANNING BENEFITS
Latitudes Rewards Insider Offers on Select Sailings              
Early Access to New Product Info              
Exclusive Members-only Offers              
Dedicated Pre-cruise Service Desk              
Early Pre-booking Access for Entertainment, Dining, Onboard Activities       125 Days 125 Days 125 Days 130 Days
One-time Free Cabin Upgrade1              
Complimentary 7-Day Cruise              
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
Latitudes Digital Magazine              
Member Cruises              
Exclusive Offers from Caesars Entertainment              
Special Ambassador Gift              

Benefits per tier level are available on sailings 5 days or longer. Onboard Discounts (including the pre-booking of shore excursions) are available on all sailings regardless of sail length.

* Please visit our Latitudes Rewards Terms & Conditions for more details.

1 To redeem your one-time free cabin upgrade, please call 1-866-625-6086.

2 Discounts available in duty-free shops on all Norwegian logo merchandise. Cannot be combined with another additional discount or coupon.

3 For day, time and location, please come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by 9:00 pm on embarkation day or by 9:00 pm on the second day of the cruise for Pride of America.

4 Shore excursion discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of My NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart and upon check out in My NCL on ncl.com. In order to receive your shore excursion discounts on board, please identify yourself as a Latitudes Rewards member and present your key card in person to the shore excursion desk at the time of purchase.

5 Photo discounts are not eligible for photo packages which include merchandise or Perspectives Photography Studio.

6 Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

7 Unlimited Open Bar Package discount is applicable when purchasing the Unlimited Open Bar Package. Discount is per person, for qualifying Latitudes guest(s) depending on their Latitudes Tier.

*Present your keycard to receive these benefits and discounts. Onboard discounts are available for all sailings, regardless of sail length.

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Came in to point out that you could have additional latitudes member numbers but it looks like you already found the fix.  I've had this happen and now I always check with a magnifying glass every time I get a cruise confirmation email.  I look at all the fine details and check to see all the promo codes applied, the latitudes number applied and everything in between.  Good luck!

I just came back to do another happy dance. While it took two more calls to get everything merged and straightened out, once they were I had a nice surprise.

The cruise we took in 2001 (22 years ago!) which I’d written off assuming there were no records of it, suddenly showed up in our history along with the other two. So that means we are already Silver level 🙂 I thought we had to wait until after our April cruise to reach that level.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I recently completed a 14-day cruise and land tour to Alaska aboard the NCL/Spirit. I received 7 Latitude points for my cruise but none for my land tour ... a tour promoted by NCL for which I paid MORE than I did for my cruise.  I must admit to being irritated by the loss of those points since I wanted to do more cruises with NCL and was looking forward to a quick advancement to the second level of Latitudes.  I do have 2 CruiseNext deposits and am committed to 2 future cruises but I will NOT take another land tour through NCL as long as the policy remains in effect. 

• Haha 1

The points are awarded per cruise night, so technically you didn't lose them because you never had them. Your complaint is actually that you'd like them to give points for land nights in addition to cruise nights, not that you lost anything. Now, whether or not they SHOULD include land nights could certainly be up for debate.

13 hours ago, RevZacc said:

I recently completed a 14-day cruise and land tour to Alaska aboard the NCL/Spirit. I received 7 Latitude points for my cruise but none for my land tour ... a tour promoted by NCL for which I paid MORE than I did for my cruise.  I must admit to being irritated by the loss of those points since I wanted to do more cruises with NCL and was looking forward to a quick advancement to the second level of Latitudes.  I do have 2 CruiseNext deposits and am committed to 2 future cruises but I will NOT take another land tour through NCL as long as the policy remains in effect. 

Did you think you were going to receive Latitude points for the land tour? If so, who/what gave you that impression? Did you just assume it? It sounds like you're a Bronze level member, so haven't cruised NCL a lot. NCL will not give you something that you assume. Neither will most companies...also, NCL will not provide you with a good customer experience. They just aren't that kind of company. The onboard experience is where NCL excels. I think your irritation should be re-directed to....well, yourself for thinking, but not knowing something. 

Educate yourself on Latitude Rewards. Here's a great page to do so:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

• Like 1

Well, alrighty then!  I posted this story simply to get it off my chest and to alert other cruisers (newbies?!?) of this quirk in NCL’s policies. 
To be honest, yes, I assumed Latitude points based on the fact that this was an 

… NCL sponsored tour as part of a bundle with a cruise where the NCL sponsored tour cost more than the cruise. I would think NCL would want to acknowledge Alaska cruisers with the corresponding points for taking the land tour. 
I see now that they don’t so, when asked if I will do a land tour again my answer will be - NO. 

4 hours ago, RevZacc said:

I see now that they don’t so, when asked if I will do a land tour again my answer will be - NO. 

Well, alrighty then!