Port Everglades B2B cruise

Alcairns

We have a B2B cruise booked on Sky Princess in March. I was wondering if Princess offer any shore trips for passengers remaining on board for the second cruise. I am aware that they do have post cruise excursions that end at the airport but was wondering if there were any that brought you back to the ship? Many thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

We have a B2B cruise booked on Sky Princess in March. I was wondering if Princess offer any shore trips for passengers remaining on board for the second cruise. I am aware that they do have post cruise excursions that end at the airport but was wondering if there were any that brought you back to the ship? Many thanks in advance.

They would have it listed on the excursions for that city.  Just don’t look at the debark tours.

I have never seen a specific tour for b2b’s.

• Like 1

Some ideas to see Fort Lauderdale on your own.

As a b2b passenger you can leave the ship anytime after disembarkation has begun and return anytime after general boarding has begun up until final boarding time. You have to bring your passport, medallion and intransit card with you. If you wish to walk around the downtown beach area you can take a taxi/Uber there. It's a fairly short ride. There are lots of sidewalk restaurants along the beach area.

There is also the Water Taxi. Assuming the ship is at pier two you can walk to the nearest water stop by the Hilton Marina hotel. Schedules are on line.

The Sun Trolley has a number of routes and stops along the way. There is a stop right near the pier on SE 17th St. You can stroll up SE 17th St. There are shops a few restaurants and a shopping center behind the Embassy Suites hotel. 

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

Some ideas to see Fort Lauderdale on your own.

As a b2b passenger you can leave the ship anytime after disembarkation has begun and return anytime after general boarding has begun up until final boarding time. You have to bring your passport, medallion and intransit card with you. If you wish to walk around the downtown beach area you can take a taxi/Uber there. It's a fairly short ride. There are lots of sidewalk restaurants along the beach area.

There is also the Water Taxi. Assuming the ship is at pier two you can walk to the nearest water stop by the Hilton Marina hotel. Schedules are on line.

The Sun Trolley has a number of routes and stops along the way. There is a stop right near the pier on SE 17th St. You can stroll up SE 17th St. There are shops a few restaurants and a shopping center behind the Embassy Suites hotel. 

Thank you very much - this may be what we do. 😁

52 minutes ago, skynight said:

The Sun Trolley no longer exists.  It was replaced about a year ago by the LauderGo Community Shuttle (https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle).  It is not nearly as quaint as the old Sun Trolley, but it has three great improvements:  it is FREE, has air conditioning, and has live tracking. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cavecreekguy said:

Maybe I don't understand what you're asking about, but I'm seeing excursions labeled both "Debark tour" and for "in-transit guests" on the turn-around day for my March cruise on Sky Princess. I may take the airboat ride.

Thank you. I had not read the details just the headlines which refer to airport transfers. We did the pre airport excursion with airboat ride and Flamingo Gardens just before lockdown. That was an excellent trip. 

We have a B2B booked in May and all the Fort Lauderdale excursions on turn-around day are marked as "Debark Tour" in the title... However, when reviewing the Special Notes for those with FLL transfers inclded:

**Although, this is a disembarkation tour, guests who are continuing the cruise (on LINK voyages or back to back) and wish to participate on this tour should be aware that the coach will first drop off the guests at the Fort Lauderdale airport then return to the pier where the ship is docked.

I must admit this did initially put us off booking these excursions, but then I didn't realise how close the airport is to the pier and therefore only a minor distraction from getting back to the ship.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

... LauderGo Community Shuttle (https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle).  It is not nearly as quaint as the old Sun Trolley, but it has three great improvements:  it is FREE, has air conditioning, and has live tracking. 

This is great info - thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

The Sun Trolley no longer exists.  It was replaced about a year ago by the LauderGo Community Shuttle (https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle).  It is not nearly as quaint as the old Sun Trolley, but it has three great improvements:  it is FREE, has air conditioning, and has live tracking. 

Wow, now you've got my attention. I normally get off the ship during a B2B and it's a great way to spend part of mid day at the beach rather than waiting to get back on the ship.

Thanks.