Double charged for the spa. Who do I take this up with?

spleenstomper

4 minutes ago, MogeyMan said:

Apologies, I read both boards. But same happened to me on Holland. They told me I'd prepaid HAL but not the spa company  & they had to transfer the payment to the spa company but I did in fact pay 2x.

Yikes. I’m never going to prepay again. As someone else mentioned, they run their own specials once you are onboard. 

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Well, this post has taught me to never pre-pay for spa services...

Seriously, before this, I only had one spa service in 9 cruises. A couples massage with DH probably on Dream. This was my first real adventure in the spa and I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Well, this post has taught me to never pre-pay for spa services...

Prepaying allows you to book the best time.  I was also able to use the Black Friday 20% sale.  I have never been overcharged.  It is always credited with the prepayment like excursions.  

• Like 2

This just happened to us on the Panorama at the spa when we had a couple's massage.  It was pre-paid and then charged again.  I went to the spa to talk to them about it after seeing the charge on my account on the HUB app.  They said it would be taken off that same day, but the next day it was still there so I went to Customer Service Desk, and they handled it right then and there.   It also helped that I always print out my booking pages, so all our pre-paid items are listed.  We were told that it is always best to take care of charges like this while still on the ship, so we wanted to act quickly because it was a significant expense to be double charged.   

• Like 2

I didn't receive a printout of my charges for our Nov 23, 2022 cruise so I requested a copy of it through the Carnival website like Spleenstomper.  I have now requested it 3 times and have not received it.  This last Jan 14, 2023 cruise I sent a PDF of my charges from my hub app to my email.  That's what I'm gonna do moving forward.

Thank you Spleenstomper for posting about your spa issues.  Good to know and I hope it gets reconciled soon.

• Like 1

I didn’t think to check the app. Does it work if you aren’t on board? 

and eek at how many people this has happened to. I was about to let it go thinking they credited me the $575 but now I’m going to stick with it. Blah.

Edited by spleenstomper

11 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

I didn’t think to check the app. Does it work if you aren’t on board? 

and eek at how many people this has happened to. I was about to let it go thinking they credited me the $575 but now I’m going to stick with it. Blah.

The app only works onboard. I can't remember, did they stop handing out printed invoices at the end of the cruise? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

The app only works onboard. I can't remember, did they stop handing out printed invoices at the end of the cruise? 

I have it somewhere. We debarked with luggage and they called us at 7:15 so it was a frenzy and I grabbed it on the way out. It might be at my son’s house and I’m going to look for it later today when I get there 

Edited by spleenstomper

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I didn't receive a print out at the end of my Nov 23, 2022 Elation cruise or my Jan 14, 2023 Magic cruise.  

that is very strange. when i was on the sunshine cruise to no where a few week ago, i got a print out and i still have my print outs from my two magic cruise last year

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

I have it somewhere. We debarked with luggage and they called us at 7:15 so it was a frenzy and I grabbed it on the way out. It might be at my son’s house and I’m going to look for it later today when I get there 

I hope you find it because it sounds like getting from Carnival after the fact is a real PITA. 

• Like 1

I hate to say this, but I think I’m going to let this go. My son and I both vaguely remember checking the sign and sail charges on the TV and I very vaguely remember seeing a credit. 

I have just pulled myself out of a giant depression and the cruise was the turning point, along with the 7 spa services. It REALLY helped me out (along with meds changes and other things). 

I don’t have the mental space to get into a giant protracted time and brain waster about this. 

We are shareholders, so I spoke with my husband about letting it go. He reminded me that I told him on the phone while on the cruise that I was blowing a ton of money in the spa. He agreed that we can just assume CCL did it correctly and lesson learned to double check next time while on the cruise. 

Edited by spleenstomper

15 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

I hate to say this, but I think I’m going to let this go. My son and I both vaguely remember checking the sign and sail charges on the TV and I very vaguely remember seeing a credit. 

I have just pulled myself out of a giant depression and the cruise was the turning point, along with the 7 spa services. It REALLY helped me out (along with meds changes and other things). 

I don’t have the mental space to get into a giant protracted time and brain waster about this. 

We are shareholders, so I spoke with my husband about letting it go. He reminded me that I told him on the phone while on the cruise that I was blowing a ton of money in the spa. He agreed that we can just assume CCL did it correctly and lesson learned to double check next time while on the cruise. 

I hope that your healing process continues. I think it is more likely than not that Carnival did handle it correctly so I would do the same thing you are doing.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I hope that your healing process continues. I think it is more likely than not that Carnival did handle it correctly so I would do the same thing you are doing.

Exactly. I’m just going to assume they have a system and it works. Thanks for the well wishes. 

• Like 1