problems with air

Cruise a holic

While this is a problem with choice air, I thought I would have more people see it on the regular celebrity cruise critic site.  We recently sailed on the Apex in January out of Fort Lauderdale- we as we typically do, used choice air and flew delta.  We arrived at the airport about 8:15 AM to depart out of Fort Lauderdale airport.  Checked our luggage outside- no problem.  Proceeded to the Delta lounge- we were told that because our flight departure was after 12 noon, we couldn't enter the lounge- not sure if a new rule, but you can only access the lounge three hours before your flight IF their is room in the lounge.  We had to wait about 1/2 hour to get into the small cramped airport lounge.  We also have another cruise booked in March.  Over the past few months the time of departure has been moved up.  I didn't realize until our January cruise that departure after three o'clock would be a real problem. We wouldn't be allowed to check our luggage (earliest 5 hours before your flight) or use the lounge.  We decided to change our return flight.  We had to pay a $200 pp penalty to choice air!  Didn't realize this would be a problem, as the initial flight we booked was scheduled to depart about 1:00 PM!  I was told since we paid in full- basically too bad.    Not sure if this is a ft. Lauderdale only issue, or something new since covid.  

Based on this, I will not use choice air again.  Had we dealt directly with delta, change would have been easier!  We fly first class and are frequent flyer members.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

While this is a problem with choice air, I thought I would have more people see it on the regular celebrity cruise critic site.  We recently sailed on the Apex in January out of Fort Lauderdale- we as we typically do, used choice air and flew delta.  We arrived at the airport about 8:15 AM to depart out of Fort Lauderdale airport.  Checked our luggage outside- no problem.  Proceeded to the Delta lounge- we were told that because our flight departure was after 12 noon, we couldn't enter the lounge- not sure if a new rule, but you can only access the lounge three hours before your flight IF their is room in the lounge.  We had to wait about 1/2 hour to get into the small cramped airport lounge.  We also have another cruise booked in March.  Over the past few months the time of departure has been moved up.  I didn't realize until our January cruise that departure after three o'clock would be a real problem. We wouldn't be allowed to check our luggage (earliest 5 hours before your flight) or use the lounge.  We decided to change our return flight.  We had to pay a $200 pp penalty to choice air!  Didn't realize this would be a problem, as the initial flight we booked was scheduled to depart about 1:00 PM!  I was told since we paid in full- basically too bad.    Not sure if this is a ft. Lauderdale only issue, or something new since covid.  

Based on this, I will not use choice air again.  Had we dealt directly with delta, change would have been easier!  We fly first class and are frequent flyer members.

The airline allows for free changes to a flight when they change the time.   Delta NEVER charges.   I would call Celebrity choice air and request a refund of the change fee.  

Yes, FBC has changed its policies; unfortunately, you may, or may not beat the price directly booking with the airlines.  As far as I know, the rules are the rules and no one cares about your specific circumstances, even if Celebrity is taking care of everything for you, FBC is a completely different matter!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1