Does NCL supply dirty clothes bags?

Guyc

Just now, Guyc said:

Does NCL supply those plastic dirty clothes bags in your stateroom (to put all your dirty clothes together packed in your suitcase when you go home)?

You might only find a white paper bag that is intended for (mid-week) laundry service.

• Like 1

I like to pack some of our clothes in those plastic space bags, the ones with the ziplock on top. You zip it shut and squeeze out the air to compress everything down. Once we're on the cruise, I use them for our dirty laundry. By zipping it shut then squeezing out the air, it prevents dirty laundry funk from filling up the cabin. 

• Like 1

No. We travel with a 13 gallon kitchen trash bag and have one of those fold flat/pop up mesh hampers which I keep in the closet during the cruise.
The folded hamper has the added benefit of sitting perfectly on top of the side of my luggage (medium size case) with the straps only and creates a barrier like the zip side has. It's really nice and super light weight.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

those bags aren’t for you to take your dirty laundry home.  They are to have laundry done on the ship.

I was merely stating that NCL offers a bag, usually mid week, with a laundry special price.

We've never taken any laundry bags from any ship, since we travel with our own.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I was merely stating that NCL offers a bag, usually mid week, with a laundry special price.

We've never taken any laundry bags from any ship, since we travel with our own.

My statement wasn’t directed at you nor did I quote you.  So not sure why your quoting me.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guyc said:

Does NCL supply those plastic dirty clothes bags in your stateroom (to put all your dirty clothes together packed in your suitcase when you go home)?

Yes, paper bag..... in the Haven... maybe suites you get a nice nylon bag

IMG_5408.jpg

14 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

You might only find a white paper bag that is intended for (mid-week) laundry service.

Yeah.  I think they make those bags with the thinnest paper they can find so you can’t stuff it without tearing it.  

• Haha 1

Someone posted this tip prior to our Med cruise and it was genius! Because the laundry bags are paper and very, very thin, bring an extra cloth bag (I had one from a hotel) so you can cram more clothes in. Then put the cloth bag in the NCL paper bag. Worked like a charm! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Guyc said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 

You will get a very thin paper bag that they use for people sending things to the ship's laundry. The thin paper is easier to incinerate and minimizes ship's waste,,, but it is not a good bag to take clothes home in. It would be best to bring a hotel plastic laundry bag or kitchen trash bag for that purpose. 

• Like 1

I never worry about mixing my used clothes with unused clothes when leaving.  Everything goes into the wash when  get back home anyway.  I do take advantage of the onboard laundry specials closer towards the end of the trip.  Most suitcases have two sides ( a mesh zippered compartment and the open compartment).  That's how I usually separate used from unused clothes.  I used a tote bag as the in room hamper.

We always bring   13 gallon white kitchen bags. Good for putting dirty clothes in the suitcase and for garbage.  The trash cans on NCL are not lined. Anything that would make a mess in them (like used tea bags, etc. I keep to the side and put in the plastic bag. I try to limit it to just one bag so when it gets thrown out it isn't a huge burden on the recycling system on the ship.