my wife will be surprised.

thefog

The other morning my wife told me she had dreamt the previous night that I gave her a diamond necklace.  She asked me, what do you think that means?

I answered, "Maybe you'll find out tonight!"  Her eyes opened wide and a huge smile blossomed across her beautiful face.

That night at dinner, I handed here a small wrapped box.  She excitedly opened it and pulled out...

a small book titled "The Meaning of Dreams".

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

The other morning my wife told me she had dreamt the previous night that I gave her a diamond necklace.  She asked me, what do you think that means?

I answered, "Maybe you'll find out tonight!"  Her eyes opened wide and a huge smile blossomed across her beautiful face.

That night at dinner, I handed here a small wrapped box.  She excitedly opened it and pulled out...

a small book titled "The Meaning of Dreams".

Dang you are courageous!!!   If my DOH tried that he would be wearing his dinner.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sobro said:

I watched Norwegian Bliss pass through the new locks two weeks ago. At  4000 passengers it's not tiny. I was on the tiny Zaandam. 

I looked it up. Yes, the Norwegian Bliss is the largest cruise ship to transit the Panama Canal.

Took me a while to find a reference, but I finally found one related to the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver that said that Bliss is 60m (197'). Apparently with a 200' clearance, it has the same issue as Bridge of the Americas. Anyway, while that does exceed the Panamax, apparently it can be done at low tide (which it has to do in Vancouver as well). I suppose taller ships could go through the locks on the Atlantic (Colon) side and turn around in Gatun Lake and go back out the same locks? Don't know if anyone does that or if it makes any sense finacially.

For reference, it also took me forever to find the height of the Quantum class, and finally found an article about the Verrazano-Narrows bridge that said Quantum is 213'. Oasis class is 236'. The Verrazano Narrows bridge has a 228' clearance. Some(all?) Oasis class ships have retractable stacks that allow them to clear it. BTW, Found a photo of Symphony and Odyssey side by side at CocoCay, and they are fairly similar in height.

19 hours ago, thefog said:

booked a Hawaiian cruise for our 38th anniversary in May.Anyone else did this for their spouse?

Yes.  Just did it for my husband's 60th next March on the Enchantment out of Tampa.  Trying to see if we can get to Phillies in Clearwater at that time.  He has no clue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Take a look at Celebrity Beyond in the Premium Suites 

PS / RS / EV

Doing 11 night Panama sailings out of Fort Lauderdale 2023/24

(way better than Star Class on Royal)IMO

I think you would really appreciate the retreat and the premium suite service 

One of the best cruises we have taken in over 20 years 

Here is the PS we recently stayed in on Beyond.

X Beyond Penthouse Suite 12110 

https://youtu.be/cD0RrIpzoIg

We are doing the 11 day on the Beyond over Christmas 2023 in AquaClass.  We are also doing the ferry through the locks. Retreat cabins are now at $11000!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

We are doing the 11 day on the Beyond over Christmas 2023 in AquaClass.  We are also doing the ferry through the locks. Retreat cabins are now at $11000!

Agreed not cheap, but the Retreat wowed us and needs to be sampled again for a little longer 

Will you be doing a review,.

Enjoy your cruise 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just now, PompeySailor said:

Agreed not cheap, but the Retreat wowed us and needs to be sampled again for a little longer 

Will you be doing a review,.

Enjoy your cruise 👍🏻

Probably will.  Im visiting all the same ports actually on the 18th on the Equinox in AquaClass as well except for Colon, Panama.  Beyond needs some more AquaClass reviews.  However the Retreat looked amazing in YouTube videos.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Probably will.  Im visiting all the same ports actually on the 18th on the Equinox in AquaClass as well except for Colon, Panama.  Beyond needs some more AquaClass reviews.  However the Retreat looked amazing in YouTube videos.

Will look out for the review 

Thank you 

Enjoy 

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You DIDN'T put the toilet seat down?

Years ago, long after the new car smell wore off of our marriage, my wife finally asked, at first, then demanded after a while that I put the seat down.  At first I told her that I would put the seat down if she put it up after she was done.  That went over like a lead balloon.  So, I relented and I started to put the seat down and the lid.  Now, we don't share the same bathroom.  

I love my wife.  We are joined at the hip and have been for 49 years, next month.  We are best friends, too.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, thefog said:

booked a Hawaiian cruise for our 38th anniversary in May.Anyone else did this for their spouse?

We did this for our 25th Anniversary.  For our 50th, we sailed on Celebrity Silhouette for a 15 day Trans-Atlantic which started in England and was billed as "Boston, Broadway and Bermuda".  This one has to be our all-time favorite.

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Years ago, long after the new car smell wore off of our marriage, my wife finally asked, at first, then demanded after a while that I put the seat down.  At first I told her that I would put the seat down if she put it up after she was done.  That went over like a lead balloon.  So, I relented and I started to put the seat down and the lid.  Now, we don't share the same bathroom.  

I love my wife.  We are joined at the hip and have been for 49 years, next month.  We are best friends, too.

Pretty sure I had the same conversation with my wife and it went over just the same.  😂

• Haha 1