Silent Disco?

tonit964

16 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Are these family friendly events?  We will be bringing our kids/grandkids and I think they would like this if it is family friendly.

Our silent disco was in a club.  I didn't see anyone under the age of 18. That's a good question!

7 minutes ago, maxandmolly said:

What is a silent disco??

Everyone gets a pair of headphones and you tune it to whatever music is playing - usually you get to switch between 2 or more channels, so the people right next to you could be listening to and dancing to different music. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

Everyone gets a pair of headphones and you tune it to whatever music is playing - usually you get to switch between 2 or more channels, so the people right next to you could be listening to and dancing to different music. 

I see. That sounds…odd. 

I was on the Panorama at the beginning of December and did see the silent disco.  I didn't join but everyone that did sure looked like they were having a great time.  It was on the Lido deck and there were guests of all ages.  I also noticed that the head phones came in different colors but I do not know why.

It was on Vista earlier this month. Very fun, family event on the Lido deck. A lot of teens and even younger children, and a lot of young adults in big groups, plus everyone else. Pretty cool even if you don't have the headphones on seeing people bouncing around and then a bunch just start doing Y-M-C-A, and even singing (screaming) along, lol, pretty funny.

Also interesting to see when a lot of people start switching to the same D.J. (based on color of lighted headphones). It was my first time being at one even though I've known about them for years! I will say afterwards my son was a little embarrassed watching the video of himself at the party because you could clearly hear him making noise (like, "yeah, yeah, woo," on beat with the song) but I think he wasn't realizing he could possibly be heard, lol until he watched the video....the cringe was real.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

I was on the Panorama at the beginning of December and did see the silent disco.  I didn't join but everyone that did sure looked like they were having a great time.  It was on the Lido deck and there were guests of all ages.  I also noticed that the head phones came in different colors but I do not know why.

The different colors are the different channels I believe.  

36 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

21 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

The different colors are the different channels I believe.  

The headphones have a switch on the side that can go to three different channels. Each channel has it's own D.J. (our cruise only had two), and each of those channels is assigned a color --  either red, blue, or green. So if you see a lot of blue, everyone is enjoying the "blue D.J.'s" music more at that time.

It was pretty cool seeing the majority switch back and forth like they were basically battling it out. For a time, one D.J. was playing mostly songs in Spanish (Reggaeton), but being out of Texas it had a large following while the other was playing a lot of pop that appealed to the younger crowd (college-aged and under). Then they kind of both went to a variety of party music so there was more switching and friends dancing in circles but with different colors 😀

• Like 1

it's a blast, but it's very hit or miss on if you have it or where it is. In the past couple of years, I had it on Lido on Horizon with Cookie as CD (very fun, very family friendly) and on MG in Limelight with Kyndall as CD (adults only as far as i could tell and PACKED, nightclub vibes). I was on MG with Kyndall a month earlier and we didn't have it at all. I've been on Breeze, Vista, and Miracle in the same timeline (Erin, Kyndall, & Frankie, respectively) and we didn't have it on any. 

Edited by TxTeach79