1st Time MSC Cruiser Reviews Seascape YC

Av8tor

Traveling to MIA right now (or at least getting closer)! Had all the bags packed and waiting to leave home for the airport when we got notice that our 1st flight was delayed and we'd miss our connection in SLC. Delta "graciously" rebooked us thru ATL but not until the next day getting to Miami 24 hours later than planned, but still 36 hrs before boarding... Uh.... No! While researching other options and after being on hold for 15 minutes I was finally able to get us the last 2 seats leaving 5-1/2 later also thru SLC but getting to FLL via a red eye with 53 hours until boarding. After a 6am uber to our prepaid Miami hotel, we will be relieved to have that aspect of the journey over! 

More to follow... 

Edited by Av8tor
  • Like 3

• Av8tor changed the title to 1st Time MSC Cruiser Reviews Seascape YC
59 minutes ago, sabres431 said:

We'll be 2nd time MSC cruisers sailing Seascape in the YC at the end of March in 19003.  Will be following this.

We have 19003 booked on Seascape for a B2B in early September. 😃

To the OP, I hope you have a great cruise. We'll be following along.

4 hours ago, Td6462 said:

Following your experience. Be sure to bring cold medicine with you. Going on day 10 of something. Crew and passengers. It's $14.90 for 10 pills on board.

I’m surprised they’re even selling it. I thought they had removed all medicine from their stores so people couldn’t hide Covid symptoms. 

I always bring NyQuil and Stuff like that in case we catch something on the plane ride down. 

Did you guys have to take a Covid test?

1 minute ago, styles27 said:

I’m surprised they’re even selling it. I thought they had removed all medicine from their stores so people couldn’t hide Covid symptoms. 

I always bring NyQuil and Stuff like that in case we catch something on the plane ride down. 

Did you guys have to take a Covid test?

No we didn't. Symptoms are different and more pronounced. Very few people from the other side of the pond cover their mouth when they cough. It's really no wonder. I have seen sick staff working support positions in dining as opposed to front facing. Example is our asst. waiter. Mid week last he started out with sniffles and Tuesday he was moved to clearing tables in the buffet with a mask. 

2 of 4 of us have gotten whatever it is. Maybe RSV type? Wife and son started on day 3 last week and it has not cleared to date. 

I was told last week that 700 was the b2b count. No idea if that was correct but there were a lot of b2b pax in the meet up on Sunday. 

As a side note at embarkation on the 15th they did not even collect the health questionnaire from anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Td6462 said:

No we didn't. Symptoms are different and more pronounced. Very few people from the other side of the pond cover their mouth when they cough. It's really no wonder. I have seen sick staff working support positions in dining as opposed to front facing. Example is our asst. waiter. Mid week last he started out with sniffles and Tuesday he was moved to clearing tables in the buffet with a mask. 

2 of 4 of us have gotten whatever it is. Maybe RSV type? Wife and son started on day 3 last week and it has not cleared to date. 

I was told last week that 700 was the b2b count. No idea if that was correct but there were a lot of b2b pax in the meet up on Sunday. 

As a side note at embarkation on the 15th they did not even collect the health questionnaire from anyone. 

It does sound like RSV

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your wife and son have been able to enjoy themselves despite being sick. 

Agree about the folks not covering their mouths when coughing. We saw plenty of that as well. 
With everything the world has been through the last couple of years you would think something as simple as coughing into your elbow would just be second nature for all of us now. 

• Like 2

Oh no, the pre-cruise saga continues...

This weekend is the Miami Marathon.  I was aware of that when I was researching pre-cruise hotel possibilities since prices were high and availability in the area I wanted was limited.  I love to get up on cruise morning and (hopefully) see the ship already docked and waiting for us to board.  The hotel I booked is located downtown along Biscayne Blvd so it's insight of POM, but from what I saw on-line, it wasn't actually on the race route.  HOWEVER (isn't there always a however?), it is in the gap between the start line and the finish line which isn't part of the race itself.  What I didn't realize is that the blvd would be completely closed to traffic on for the morning of our embarkation.  We're going to have to drag our bags one or two blocks from the hotel to meet an Uber - - - oh the horror...  Thank goodness for wheeled luggage!  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 5:52 AM, killsport said:

After a hectic start, enjoy your cruise!

I’m interested on whether 18029 has any noise from above. If you happen to find out, that’d be great. Also, the quality of food is of interest. Safe and happy sailing!

Deck 18 is between deck 16 and deck 19....so not sure what noise your worrying about?

8 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Deck 18 is between deck 16 and deck 19....so not sure what noise your worrying about?

There’s some unknown space on 19 (above the cabin). It’s the space just “north” of the lift. Not sure what it’s used for and if it generates noise. 

B476E2A9-6B3A-4BA7-93A5-9034B9B6ED4B.jpeg

3 hours ago, killsport said:

There’s some unknown space on 19 (above the cabin). It’s the space just “north” of the lift. Not sure what it’s used for and if it generates noise. 

B476E2A9-6B3A-4BA7-93A5-9034B9B6ED4B.jpeg

Do the red arrows mean there is a video?  What site is this?

3 hours ago, killsport said:

I have the same concern.  We are considering a YIN on Deck 18 directly below this interior white space on Deck 19 deck plan. Is there anyone on board currently that can inquire and provide intelligence?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I have the same concern.  We are considering a YIN on Deck 18 directly below this interior white space on Deck 19 deck plan.

The white space above the deck 18 YINs is actually the YC pool and equipment.  Yes, the pool is on deck 20 but it is sunk six feet below floor level so it actually takes up space on deck 19 directly above the cabins on 18. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2