Aqua Class and Assigned Dining Time?

HeidisCruises

Hi - I just booked an aqua class stateroom on Beyond and notice that it says we are assigned the early dining time. I'm confused; we've sailed in aqua class before and I don't recall ever having an assigned dining time. Is this intended to be for the MDR should we choose to go to one of them instead of Blu? I tried to change it but nothing else is available.

Just now, mom says said:

Ignore it. It's an old and outdated hangover that has never been edited. Blu doesn't have assigned times OR reservations.

Whew! Thank goodness! I rarely have my stuff together before 8 😄 That said, if we do want to check out another dining room can I still just show up (understanding there may be a wait)?

9 minutes ago, HeidisCruises said:

Whew! Thank goodness! I rarely have my stuff together before 8 😄 That said, if we do want to check out another dining room can I still just show up (understanding there may be a wait)?

But if you have assigned Early then in theory that's your assigned time & you can't change.  Have your agent change dining to ANYTIME so you have flexibility in the MDR if the menu in Blu ceases to be stimulating (which it will).  We had to wait (with a buzzer) for both Blu and Anytime MDR on several nights - especially between 7:30 and 8:30 ish. 

21 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

But if you have assigned Early then in theory that's your assigned time & you can't change.  Have your agent change dining to ANYTIME so you have flexibility in the MDR if the menu in Blu ceases to be stimulating (which it will).  We had to wait (with a buzzer) for both Blu and Anytime MDR on several nights - especially between 7:30 and 8:30 ish. 

I disagree. That’s just a placeholder in the reservation process that has never been dealt with. 

if you’d like to try main dining, let the maitre d’ know and they can call over and ask that you be accommodated. We did that once and we were told where to go, and they were waiting for us and we were seated at a great table. 

1 hour ago, HeidisCruises said:

Hi - I just booked an aqua class stateroom on Beyond and notice that it says we are assigned the early dining time. I'm confused; we've sailed in aqua class before and I don't recall ever having an assigned dining time. Is this intended to be for the MDR should we choose to go to one of them instead of Blu? I tried to change it but nothing else is available.

Just ignore it.   Celebrity IT team at it's best.   I get the same for Luminae.  Both Luminae and Blu are open seating

19 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I disagree. That’s just a placeholder in the reservation process that has never been dealt with. 

if you’d like to try main dining, let the maitre d’ know and they can call over and ask that you be accommodated. We did that once and we were told where to go, and they were waiting for us and we were seated at a great table. 

Fantastic! That's exactly what I was hoping would be the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jockocruiser said:

Your suggestion makes no sense any way you look at it. Blu has no assigned dining time or reservations, PERIOD. If one is in Aquaclass and you want to go to one of the other MDRs you JUST GO when you want to. PERIOD. Beyond no longer has set early or late seating in ANY MDR. PERIOD. 

20 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Your suggestion makes no sense any way you look at it. Blu has no assigned dining time or reservations, PERIOD. If one is in Aquaclass and you want to go to one of the other MDRs you JUST GO when you want to. PERIOD. Beyond no longer has set early or late seating in ANY MDR. PERIOD. 

Infinity 2-14Jan2023 Aqua Class "Anytime" on the Sea Pass card 

I said that one may have to wait at Blu or MDR based on demand. We were advised of a wait both at Blu and MDR.  We were told of a <10 minute wait and we received a device that would light-up when ready. Retreated to a lounge and returned when lit.

42 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

I said that one may have to wait at Blu or MDR based on demand. We were advised of a wait both at Blu and MDR.  We were told of a <10 minute wait and we received a device that would light-up when ready. Retreated to a lounge and returned when lit.

You suggested  the OP have their Travel Agent change their dining Reservation to anytime. So they have the flexibility to go to the MDR if they tire of eating at Blu. That makes no sense. When you have Aquaclass, there's no changing of dining times, it is what it is, Furthermore on the Beyond and the rest of E-Class ships there's no longer a distinction between fixed and anytime, all dining rooms besides specialty restaurants are anytime.  In other words they don't have to change a thing. If they tire of eating at Blu they just go to a MDR whenever they like. The initial assignment to Early dining on their reservation is a mistake that is meaningless, since as Aquaclass there's no such thing. 

Edited by kwokpot

49 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

Returned from the lounge when you were lit or the device was!?!😆

• Haha 1