Bergen Airport

Camden lady

Hi, Trying to find out how far is the walk from arriving in Bergen via HOP to baggage claim?   Anybody out there been through this airport?

My sister has difficulty walking long distances.  Has anyone flown HOP?  We have Delta into Paris and then HOP from Paris to Bergen.  If you have flown HOP, how was your flight?   Thanks for any information you can provide.

13 minutes ago, Camden lady said:

Hi, Trying to find out how far is the walk from arriving in Bergen via HOP to baggage claim?   Anybody out there been through this airport?

My sister has difficulty walking long distances.  Has anyone flown HOP?  We have Delta into Paris and then HOP from Paris to Bergen.  If you have flown HOP, how was your flight?   Thanks for any information you can provide.

What is HOP? 

Been to Bergen airport many times.  Depending on where your plane lands, it can be a fairly decent walk (10 minutes briskly) to baggage claim.

20 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

What is HOP? 

Been to Bergen airport many times.  Depending on where your plane lands, it can be a fairly decent walk (10 minutes briskly) to baggage claim.

Apparently they are affiliated with Delta as our flight from US to Paris is Delta then Hop from Paris to Bergen.  The info provided by Lindas272 says if we noted needs assistance on originating then that transfers to all flights.  Hope that is correct.  Thanks so much for all replies and assistance.  Only 2 planes in their fleet!!!!! Has anyone ever flown them? That makes me a wee bit nervous.  How old are their planes?

1 hour ago, Camden lady said:

Oh no.  Hope both planes are in good shape

HOP gets good reviews!  I know at least one of their aircraft is an Embraer E-190 which personally is my favourite type of aircraft.  Enjoy!

Edited by millybess

According to the Hop! Website they have 32 aircraft. See screenshot of their website which my friend Mr. Google translates as:

HOP!  operates 32 Embraer aircraft, from 70 to 100 seats:

13 E17019 E190
 Our E-jets are perfectly adapted to the market of customers traveling in short and medium-haul.  Speed, comfort and safety are the strengths of our devices.  They serve a dense network in France and nearby Europe, mainly from Paris CDG and Lyon, the network's main connecting hubs.

252C2A52-2484-48E9-BBFB-696ABC0B6D16.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

According to the Hop! Website they have 32 aircraft. See screenshot of their website which my friend Mr. Google translates as:

HOP!  operates 32 Embraer aircraft, from 70 to 100 seats:

13 E17019 E190
 Our E-jets are perfectly adapted to the market of customers traveling in short and medium-haul.  Speed, comfort and safety are the strengths of our devices.  They serve a dense network in France and nearby Europe, mainly from Paris CDG and Lyon, the network's main connecting hubs.

252C2A52-2484-48E9-BBFB-696ABC0B6D16.png

Thank you Clay. That eases my mind. I am not usually a nervous flier but the idea of only 2 planes was a little daunting. Lookin forward to Norway and Iceland in July. This will be our 5th Viking cruise.  

41 minutes ago, Camden lady said:

Thank you Clay. That eases my mind. I am not usually a nervous flier but the idea of only 2 planes was a little daunting. Lookin forward to Norway and Iceland in July. This will be our 5th Viking cruise.  

Us too! But we are going the opposite direction from you so make sure you keep the ship in good shape for us!

3 hours ago, Camden lady said:

We did this cruise last August and it was just fabulous. 

18 hours ago, Camden lady said:

Did you do the Flam railroad excursion? If so,did you do the Viking or on your own?  Any excursions you highly recommend?  

We did it on our own, and it’s easy to do. I bought tickets for the train directly through their website a few months in advance and preselected our seats. We had planned to change trains in Oslo that would take us to the airport for a flight on to Sweden. But due to over an hour delay out of Bergen, we missed our flight out of Oslo, so we ended up taking a train from Oslo to Sweden. We are doing the reverse this coming August, starting in Oslo with a stopover in Flåm and then on to Bergen.

As far as tours go, all the tours we took were really good. 
We did the included tours in Torshavn and Seydisfjordur.

The Golden Circle tour through Viking was excellent as is the train in Flam.

Edited by biggerbearmom

I would request wheelchair assistance through all airports. 

Are you flying from Nashville?  Do you have a connection for your Paris flight?

The wheelchair attendants can get you through an airport with no delays.

Goo travels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, biggerbearmom said:

We did it on our own, and it’s easy to do. I bought tickets for the train directly through their website a few months in advance and preselected our seats. We had planned to change trains in Oslo that would take us to the airport for a flight on to Sweden. But due to over an hour delay out of Bergen, we missed our flight out of Oslo, so we ended up taking a train from Oslo to Sweden. We are doing the reverse this coming August, starting in Oslo with a stopover in Flåm and then on to Bergen.

As far as tours go, all the tours we took were really good. 
We did the included tours in Torshavn and Seydisfjordur.

The Golden Circle tour through Viking was excellent as is the train in Flam.

Thank you for your response.  I am thinking I may do some tours outside of Viking.  I am afraid the Flam railroad will be sold out before we get to book excursions.  I really appreciate your insight.

5 hours ago, MSEm said:

I would request wheelchair assistance through all airports. 

Are you flying from Nashville?  Do you have a connection for your Paris flight?

The wheelchair attendants can get you through an airport with no delays.

Goo travels.

I have requested assistance all the way but cannot get any info on the Hop flight.  I can see my request on the Delta flights and have chosen my seats but it says contact the airline for Hop flight so no seat selection or assistance request.  Don't know how to proceed from there.  Yes wefly from Nashville to Atlanta then Paris on Delta.  From Paris we are on a HOP flight to Bergen.  That is the outlier.  Thanks for responding.  

1 hour ago, Camden lady said:

Thank you for your response.  I am thinking I may do some tours outside of Viking.  I am afraid the Flam railroad will be sold out before we get to book excursions.  I really appreciate your insight.

The first time we did the Flåm Railroad in 2014, we bought our own tickets directly through the railroad website. It was something we really wanted to do and we were concerned tickets through the ship would be sold out (we were on Celebrity). 
It was super easy, and Flam is so small that you walk off the ship and the rail station is super close. We took the early train, and then when we returned to Flam we still had the remainder of the afternoon so we took the ferry to Gudvagan, which was spectacular. Once in Gudvagan we took the bus back to Flam. The scenery is absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biggerbearmom said:

The first time we did the Flåm Railroad in 2014, we bought our own tickets directly through the railroad website. It was something we really wanted to do and we were concerned tickets through the ship would be sold out (we were on Celebrity). 
It was super easy, and Flam is so small that you walk off the ship and the rail station is super close. We took the early train, and then when we returned to Flam we still had the remainder of the afternoon so we took the ferry to Gudvagan, which was spectacular. Once in Gudvagan we took the bus back to Flam. The scenery is absolutely stunning.

Thank you.  That sounds like a very viable option for us as we don't want to miss that excursion and the ferry sounds great also.   I have no idea how many spaces Viking will have on the train and I am sure most of the 900 passengers will want that excursion so it may be impossible to do through the ship.