Hope for the best...but worried it will not be

DesertRat46

It's my bad that I never looked at this Celebrity board until after I booked a TA for April. the price and itinerary lured me.

Had I know about all the cutbacks since my last sailing on X in 2019, I might not have picked this cruise.

I did 3 HAL cruises last year and, other than expected staffing issues, they were remarkably similar to pre-COVID cruises, Have to admit I was expecting more of the same on X.

But, I'm usually a glass is "half-full" type, so I will board this cruise, hope for the best but be prepared to be very disappointed. Meaning a return to HAL for future cruises.

• Thanks 2

Do your best not to get too siked out about the complaints and cutbacks you read about. After all, you'll be on vacation, sailing the world on a beautiful ship, and like you said, with a good price and itinerary. 

I have a Celebrity Cruise booked for next April after going on my first X cruise this September. Might I notice some cutbacks, maybe... But I'll be enjoying my cruise nonetheless. 

• Like 4

Among all the complaining from those not on a ship you will find some threads from those on or just returned that paint a more balanced picture.  
If you go expecting to be disappointed you probably will be if you go expecting to have a great time you most likely will.

• Like 7

You can have an amazing time on any cruise.  Just go into looking for the positives and you will find them.

Even with the cutbacks, there is still a lot of good about a Celebrity cruise.

• Like 3

Do you always believe everything you hear and read?  Remember that your perspective has a lot to do with how things go.  So if you travel with the opinion that there are things wrong, you will definitely find things that are negative; otherwise, just have an open mind and look for the good, as you know it is there...life is way too short to be under the control of people who believe that the sky is falling! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There have for sure been cut backs in food and various new fees added. That doesn't necessarily mean that the overall experience will be any different than what it was before. You booked your cruise with the best information you had at that time. Go and enjoy it. 

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DesertRat46 said:

It's my bad that I never looked at this Celebrity board until after I booked a TA for April. the price and itinerary lured me.

Had I know about all the cutbacks since my last sailing on X in 2019, I might not have picked this cruise.

I did 3 HAL cruises last year and, other than expected staffing issues, they were remarkably similar to pre-COVID cruises, Have to admit I was expecting more of the same on X.

But, I'm usually a glass is "half-full" type, so I will board this cruise, hope for the best but be prepared to be very disappointed. Meaning a return to HAL for future cruises.

Before you ditch X for HAL you better look at what They are doing to save money.🤢

• Thanks 1