Help! I’ve run out of things to do for my next cruise!!

Sox Fan Cruiser

13 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’m going to be herding the cats for 7 days. Hopefully the retreat hosts will help me. 

2 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser

Around our August Avalon river cruise, I am taking 9 cats from Paris to Amsterdam to board our boat and after the cruise, herding everyone from Basel-Lucerne-Wengen-Zurich with adventures in between!

You guys are pikers😜. Talk about herding cats, our group for a B2B2B for OZ/NZ is 20.😲

Our group name for our tours is "Herding Cat".

Really though, our group is very organized for the most part. We have traveled together for years and know we travel well together.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Planning hubby’s 60th for March and I’ve run out of things to do.  We are taking 7 of our friends with us. Everything is planned including hotels and even our dinner reservation the night before the cruise. Car service (for 9!) to Port Everglades is booked. Specialty restaurant for his actual birthday reserved. All port events all planned. 

I have even booked all our private tours for our June Baltic cruise.  I’m going stir crazy with nothing cruise related to do!!  I even started looking at private tours for our April 2024 cruise until I realized that’s absurd. 

Cant check in for another week. How do I satisfy my cruise obsession?!?  😍🤪😚

Uhhhh clothes shopping! Duh! 🤣 Did you purchase packing cubes, yet? Review all the latest travel accessories? Plan a photo shoot onboard? Vow renewal??

Looking ahead to 2024 isn't absurd. I plan all of my travel way in advance and safe tons of money doing that. Prices never go down and if they do I rebook stuff. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Planning hubby’s 60th for March and I’ve run out of things to do.  We are taking 7 of our friends with us. Everything is planned including hotels and even our dinner reservation the night before the cruise. Car service (for 9!) to Port Everglades is booked. Specialty restaurant for his actual birthday reserved. All port events all planned. 

I have even booked all our private tours for our June Baltic cruise.  I’m going stir crazy with nothing cruise related to do!!  I even started looking at private tours for our April 2024 cruise until I realized that’s absurd. 

Are you booked into 2025 yet? 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

OMG you sound so much like me!! I LOVE the planning part!  I sometimes wonder if I should have been a travel agent.

Enjoy your cruise 🙂 

I'm also a big planner - I have all my excursions and special dinners already booked for my November and December cruises.

I WAS a travel agent and I HATED doing other peoples vacations and only lasted about a year. This was the late 80s before the internet and in a small town where no one went any farther than Ocean City, MD (which was more expensive than a cruise but you couldn't tell them that). The worst was doing all the work, sitting on the phone for hours, getting prices for multiple hotels, etc and then they say "Oh yeah....I booked it with my aunt/cousin/niece/friend.....who is also a travel agent." UGH! 

36 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

I'm also a big planner - I have all my excursions and special dinners already booked for my November and December cruises.

I WAS a travel agent and I HATED doing other peoples vacations and only lasted about a year. This was the late 80s before the internet and in a small town where no one went any farther than Ocean City, MD (which was more expensive than a cruise but you couldn't tell them that). The worst was doing all the work, sitting on the phone for hours, getting prices for multiple hotels, etc and then they say "Oh yeah....I booked it with my aunt/cousin/niece/friend.....who is also a travel agent." UGH! 

Exactly why I got out of leisure travel in the early 90's.  The last straw was when airlines stopped paying commissions.  I went corporate travel until 9/11.  That was the end of it all.

I am retired and get my jollies out on my own vacations.

2 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

Exactly why I got out of leisure travel in the early 90's.

Yup! I did corporate travel for about 10 years until being laid off in the recession of '09. Plus they were replacing us with a website. I wouldn't go back to it. Low pay + very little vacation time means you couldn't even take the "cheap" trips that were few and far between.

4 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser actually, I think you may want to wait until you board to see what daily activities the ship is offering too, as something may be of interest there...

That way, you have open times and you and your guests can do what they may want to do, nothing possibly, but sit around and people watch....???

bon voyage

Yes!  I have scheduled some “free time” as well. 🤪

Definitely have not over planned the cruise itself. I have a loose schedule for where to eat lunch and which bar for cocktail hour but it’s just an informal guide. Something to help me hit every venue but it’s not a fixed schedule. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, garyl62 said:

My invitation must have been lost in the mail.....What is the sail date? We're also on a March Apex trip in the Retreat so maybe we'll be able to meet up this time we're on the same ship 🙂

You are the cruise before ours. I’ve been trolling your roll call since ours is so quiet. We miss each other again!  

1 hour ago, Belgian fry said:

Do you know where the meeting point is for all of your excursions? I thought I was ready and realised this was information I hadn't made a note of

We have 6 cabins all together which makes it SO much easier!  We will be opening the balcony doors so our meeting place is our one huge balcony. 

20 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

How about planning  a 60th birthday treasure hunt on the ship.

4 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yes!  I have scheduled some “free time” as well. 🤪

Definitely have not over planned the cruise itself. I have a loose schedule for where to eat lunch and which bar for cocktail hour but it’s just an informal guide. Something to help me hit every venue but it’s not a fixed schedule. 

Bar  crawl may be in order... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage