Help! I’ve run out of things to do for my next cruise!!

Sox Fan Cruiser

Planning hubby’s 60th for March and I’ve run out of things to do.  We are taking 7 of our friends with us. Everything is planned including hotels and even our dinner reservation the night before the cruise. Car service (for 9!) to Port Everglades is booked. Specialty restaurant for his actual birthday reserved. All port events all planned. 

I have even booked all our private tours for our June Baltic cruise.  I’m going stir crazy with nothing cruise related to do!!  I even started looking at private tours for our April 2024 cruise until I realized that’s absurd. 

Cant check in for another week. How do I satisfy my cruise obsession?!?  😍🤪😚

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, natshala said:

What do you mean by that?

Having the bad luck of having the cruise cancelled because it has been chartered and taken private.  Typically it occurs much earlier before sailing.  However a Red Sox fan is conditioned to believe that anything bad happening is always possible.

Edited by mahdnc

21 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Having the bad luck of having the cruise cancelled because it has been chartered and taken private.  Typically it occurs much earlier before sailing.  However a Red Sox fan is conditioned to believe that anything bad happening is always possible.

They wouldn’t change it two months before sailing, would they?!?  Those are usually planned a lot farther in advance. 

And an Atlantis cruise would give me TONS to do!  There are so many themed parties, I would be shopping for outfits for days!!

And you must be referring to pre 2004 Red Sox Fans. We’ve won 4 World Series and had 20 years of Tom Brady. We are Title-Town baby!!  Check out the Bruins and Celtics right now!  🤪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

They wouldn’t change it two months before sailing, would they?!?  Those are usually planned a lot farther in advance. 

And an Atlantis cruise would give me TONS to do!  There are so many themed parties, I would be shopping for outfits for days!!

And you must be referring to pre 2004 Red Sox Fans. We’ve won 4 World Series and had 20 years of Tom Brady. We are Title-Town baby!!  Check out the Bruins and Celtics right now!  🤪

It would be extremely unusual for your sailing to be chartered out this close to the sailing date.

53 minutes ago, mom says said:

Surely you haven't already finished hand embroidering the designs on all the group specific t shirts that you are going to include in each of their gift bags- a different shirt for each excursion.

There you go!  I like it!😝

and I think I’ve watched every Apex on the internet!!  

I think I need some professional help!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buy everyone on the ship a round of drinks to celebrate his birthday. 😱🍷🍸🥂🤷‍♂️🙄 hopefully in return they will reciprocate 

If you mention it to the staff and also note it in the check in that you will be celebrating a birthday they usually present the honoree with a token chocolate cake during dinner and the staff embarrasses them by singing happy birthday like they do at many  party themed venues like Chuck E Cheesy.  They may even do it backwards in their own language 

Here is something to think about   If he is celebrating his 60th he will be 59.     His first was the day he was born and I am sure many celebrated that day.  When he was 1 year old it was his 2nd birthday.    So if he is celebrating his 60th he would be 59 years old.   If he will be 60 he will celebrating his 61st birthday. 

Happy birthday to him and wishing him many more 🎂

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, miched said:

If he is celebrating his 60th he will be 59. His first was the day he was born and I am sure many celebrated that day. When he was 1 year old it was his 2nd birthday. So if he is celebrating his 60th he would be 59 years old.

People only have one birthday. The rest are anniversaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Planning hubby’s 60th for March and I’ve run out of things to do.  We are taking 7 of our friends with us. Everything is planned including hotels and even our dinner reservation the night before the cruise. Car service (for 9!) to Port Everglades is booked. Specialty restaurant for his actual birthday reserved. All port events all planned. 

I have even booked all our private tours for our June Baltic cruise.  I’m going stir crazy with nothing cruise related to do!!  I even started looking at private tours for our April 2024 cruise until I realized that’s absurd. 

Cant check in for another week. How do I satisfy my cruise obsession?!?  😍🤪😚

Plan a Poker Pub Crawl! Lots of fun 🤩 

32 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

People only have one birthday. The rest are anniversaries.

Your logic is better than mine.   👍.   That is why people when celebrating the day they were married as their wedding anniversary.  

But then again they are celebrating the birthdate for the 51st time if they are 50    They would also be celebrating the wedding date  the 51st time if they were married for 50 years. 

Either way it is a great day for the parties involved. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Not at all absurd!  I’m already planning our June 2024 cruise! 

It's amazing to come to CC and see American's talk about trips or vacation in 2024...2024 is going to a very Volatile year here in the USA!!! Not being political just being honest!!

56 minutes ago, TiredofTheGame said:

It's amazing to come to CC and see American's talk about trips or vacation in 2024...2024 is going to a very Volatile year here in the USA!!! Not being political just being honest!!

You think the country is going to explode. I can still plan vacations

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There you go!  I like it!😝

I think I need some professional help!

Professional help is easily obtained by starting your day at Cafe al Bacio enjoying your coffees or teas of choice with an almond or chocolate croissant.  And ending your day at the Martini Bar or Eden with your concoction of choice.

Enjoy, we spent 12 days on the Apex last January and had a blast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, miched said:

Buy everyone on the ship a round of drinks to celebrate his birthday. 😱🍷🍸🥂🤷‍♂️🙄 hopefully in return they will reciprocate 

If you mention it to the staff and also note it in the check in that you will be celebrating a birthday they usually present the honoree with a token chocolate cake during dinner and the staff embarrasses them by singing happy birthday like they do at many  party themed venues like Chuck E Cheesy.  They may even do it backwards in their own language 

Here is something to think about   If he is celebrating his 60th he will be 59.     His first was the day he was born and I am sure many celebrated that day.  When he was 1 year old it was his 2nd birthday.    So if he is celebrating his 60th he would be 59 years old.   If he will be 60 he will celebrating his 61st birthday. 

Happy birthday to him and wishing him many more 🎂

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You better get yourself on a ship!  You've got way too much time on your hands!

Elvis

10 hours ago, TiredofTheGame said:

I’ve thought about that TBH. But there’s nothing I can do about it so I’m doing normal stuff, like cruise planning. What’s amazing to me is the people who come to CC with the belief that there’s no point in planning bc something bad might happen in 2024… and yet, here they are. 

@Sox Fan Cruiser

To keep yourself occupied, go to the roll call for similar sailings to yours to see what those folk are all doing. Then explore the tour websites they're touting and bookmark until you decide which might work best for you and your friends!

Around our August Avalon river cruise, I am taking 9 cats from Paris to Amsterdam to board our boat and after the cruise, herding everyone from Basel-Lucerne-Wengen-Zurich with adventures in between!

@Sox Fan Cruiser actually, I think you may want to wait until you board to see what daily activities the ship is offering too, as something may be of interest there...

That way, you have open times and you and your guests can do what they may want to do, nothing possibly, but sit around and people watch....???

bon voyage