Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Up at 9:08 today after a decent night's sleep. I was considering Hudson's for breakfast, but they close at 9;30... Maybe lunch? At 2;39 this morning they called a "code alpha", and I mean loudly, and directly into the in cabin speakers. Fortunately I was able to get back to sleep in a reasonable amount of time. Today is a sea day, so no real plans. I haven't even emerged from my room yet, so no idea what the weather is looking like. We'll find out soon.  But first, I need some strong black coffee...

Not sure if you are a TV watcher or not, but on the Prima, Channel 24 is your virtual porthole...lets you see the weather.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Up at 9:08 today after a decent night's sleep. I was considering Hudson's for breakfast, but they close at 9;30... Maybe lunch? At 2;39 this morning they called a "code alpha", and I mean loudly, and directly into the in cabin speakers. Fortunately I was able to get back to sleep in a reasonable amount of time. Today is a sea day, so no real plans. I haven't even emerged from my room yet, so no idea what the weather is looking like. We'll find out soon.  But first, I need some strong black coffee...

I wonder what "code Alpha" is?  And why did they have to run the announcement inside the cabins?  Hmmm....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I wonder what "code Alpha" is?  And why did they have to run the announcement inside the cabins?  Hmmm....

Code Alpha is a medical emergency. As with any emergency, the announcements go out ship-wide to a) ensure those to need to respond hear the announcement...no matter where they are, and b) notify everyone else so that they know to avoid the area around the emergency situation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Code Alpha is a medical emergency. As with any emergency, the announcements go out ship-wide to a) ensure those to need to respond hear the announcement...no matter where they are, and b) notify everyone else so that they know to avoid the area around the emergency situation.

I was on a Carnival cruise once when a man fell overboard. They said Code whatever then man overboard, over and over in the middle of the night. Scared us to death. We ran outside to the balcony and could see them shining the spot lights. We circled for 8 hours but the man was never found. The new reported that he did in fact jump and was on his honeymoon. Sad.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

I was on a Carnival cruise once when a man fell overboard. They said Code whatever then man overboard, over and over in the middle of the night. Scared us to death. We ran outside to the balcony and could see them shining the spot lights. We circled for 8 hours but the man was never found. The new reported that he did in fact jump and was on his honeymoon. Sad.

Last March on the Breakaway during the middle of the day a man jumped off the ship from the Spice H20...very sad....its code Oscar by the way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OddJob said:

I'm #297 🙂

I didn’t know about following until this thread. For others who are uniformed… (on my iPad) once you are logged in On the very top right hand side of page there is a blue rectangular box that says follow. Click on it! I think I got some choices for notifications but once clicked you are done!

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Line is only five or six deep at Starbucks, so basically twenty minutes... I wish they'd have a separate line for people who just wanted regular coffee, and not one of those complicated concoctions.

PXL_20230210_142520604.jpg

Is this not life 101.  Reminds me of the Adam Corola bit about hotel coffee pots.  98% of coffee drinkers drink regular coffee.  Yet the hotel breakfast buffet has 2 giant pots. One regular and one decaf.  The decaf pot is full because NO ONE drinks it.  The regular coffee pot is empty and you get a few drips.  You have ten thousand spoons and all you need is a knife.  The entire hotel coffee breakfast buffet is centered around 2% of coffee drinkers.  I can only imagine what's going on in that Starbucks.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 11