APP question?

Ok, so we were able to check in today and as I was coming to the end I see wher it states you have to have the RCI APP on your phone to board the ship.

Who has boarded and not had to have the APP to embark?

I do not use a smart phone and we try and stay away from such devices. Crazy hu?

Thanks.

I don't think you really need the app to board the ship - you can use a printed set-sail pass.  The only thing is that everything - including the daily planners is move to exclusively on the app.  Also, the folks on the lively discussion about the e-muster might say you need the app to complete the check-in for the e-muster drill.  I'm not sure about that either as you can probably go to your check-in station and get the live demo there.

There are still people that do not have smartphones, although they are getting to be far a few between.  Still, Royal has to have a way to accommodate them.  They are just pushing as hard as they can toward the app for everything.

17 minutes ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

Ok, so we were able to check in today and as I was coming to the end I see wher it states you have to have the RCI APP on your phone to board the ship.

Who has boarded and not had to have the APP to embark?

I do not use a smart phone and we try and stay away from such devices. Crazy hu?

Thanks.

The app used to work on my tablet, worked last dec, now it's not supported so I probably wouldnt have the app.

I use the online site to sign in. I used rcl online site to book shows and excursions but will not be able to see menus. It can be done.

3 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

I don't think you really need the app to board the ship - you can use a printed set-sail pass.  The only thing is that everything - including the daily planners is move to exclusively on the app.  Also, the folks on the lively discussion about the e-muster might say you need the app to complete the check-in for the e-muster drill.  I'm not sure about that either as you can probably go to your check-in station and get the live demo there.

There are still people that do not have smartphones, although they are getting to be far a few between.  Still, Royal has to have a way to accommodate them.  They are just pushing as hard as they can toward the app for everything.

The daily planner can be accessed from online. I just booked shows for march 12 and dont have the app. Planner items aren't exclusive to the app. 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The daily planner can be accessed from online. I just booked shows for march 12 and dont have the app. Planner items aren't exclusive to the app. 

Ask your cabin attendant and they'll still give you paper cruise compasses.  Worked on the last 6 cruises we've taken since 12/21.

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's right.  I should have said that they stopped providing the printed versions in your cabin.  We asked our cabin steward for it last time and she tried to tell us it was on the app.  We insisted and it didn't start showing up in our cabin until 2 days later.  I really hate scrolling through things on the app and want to see it all at once, but not if I have to jump through hoops to get them to give me a paper copy.

My thought is at least have a stack near guest services daily and then I would go and pick it up like a newspaper (used to be) - but they don't even have that.

Oh, there is also the daily planner channel on your stateroom TV - nearly the same problem as the app.

23 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Go to assigned muster station and they will do it there.  

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just want access to see the menu.

I can see the activities from the planner. 

How far in advance do you want to see the menu?  Head waiter will show you the next day menu if you ask.