How soon do ships decorate for Christmas?

CruiseMark

I was on the Konigsdam this past Dec 10-17. I had expected the decorations to be up when I boarded. There were a few trees and wrapped packages here and there. I was disappointed but towards the end of the week more and more things appeared such as the gingerbread village.  It may depend on the ship as so many things seem to these days.

• Like 2

When we were on the Volendam last year  the Christmas gingerbread display went up first on 30 November and was added to over the following weeks. It was in the Attrium so it was quite large and fun and was often changed around and new characters added all the time. Christmas trees and decorations went up all around the ship soon after, along the bannisters etc. it was a wonderful display. 

0D325A57-04C5-4742-A755-BD4E9C59DD5E.jpeg

3D2E93F5-5A20-4FE8-8685-EC0C66985EF0.jpeg

84D20BE9-B693-4201-B299-968171335A4E.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CruiseMark said:

How soon do HAL ships start decorating for Christmas?  Will be on in late November and wondering if the decorations will be up or they wait until December. 

Depends on the ship. We boarded 2 days after Thanksgiving Nov 26 2022 - there were no decorations when we got on, but they started on the 27th and each day more were added. We were on for 2 weeks and I would say by the time we got off on Dec 10 the ship was fully decorated. 

Every port both weeks were decorated - if you're going post Thanksgiving, you should definitely see decorations.

Don't forget your cabin door - you can be a little festive, too. We did a couple things on our door and even the cabin stewards smiled!!

• Like 1