Updated 2/3/23: Sun Princess Press Release

LACruiser88

44 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Last concern:: can you find the piazza? A 3 tier open area where the focus is not on food? I don't cruise to eat

Deck 7 midship is marked as piazza. It looks to me like that extends up to decks 8 and 9.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Different levels of formality…...hmmmmm…..sounds as though the stuffed-shirt elitists will finally have their very own venue within which they can all focus on out preening one another.

All the while we folks who are not cursed with  such amour propre are allowed to go about being just normal folks. 

Sounds like a win-win to me!!😃

deck 6 - lowest level - where we 'slobs' can go in our shorts, t-shirts, and ballcaps turned backwards - and we won't offend anyone else.

deck 7 - the smart casual venue - dockers, shirts with collar, button down long sleeve, ladies pants and a 'sparkly top'

deck 8 - awww - top shelf - tux , gowns, black suits, dresses - to dine among 'their own' and not to be offended by the unwashed masses.

works for us - we would venture between 6 and 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

So it's been puzzling me since last night when I read about them possibly changing venues around on both the Sky and Enchanted during the dry docks in April. Besides hearsay from officers on board mentioning it which I might question when I'm back on board in 2 weeks time. Has this information been posted anywhere online directly from Princess?

Why are they all of a sudden deciding to change the venues around which I find interesting considering when the majestic is been here stateside since the pandemic reopening. If any ship were to get venue changes, I always kind of thought it would have been the majestic to help Americanize it, as we know the venues and certain areas were created for the Asian market.

Largely because they still plan to send Majrstic back to the Asian market once China fully reopens.

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Grant you the one thing I do miss on the sky that's missing is crooners because I absolutely love it being back on the Enchanted, with those cozy big red chairs.

like Crooners on the Grand Class hate the tall chairs on the newer ships

37 minutes ago, ldtr said:

like Crooners on the Grand Class hate the tall chairs on the newer ships

They're actually a lot more comfortable than the tall chairs which I call the Beetlejuice chair on the Regal and Royal Princess right outside of  Princess live

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Where did you hear that?

Back during Covid, there was an interview with the CCL CEO where they  was asked about the future of the Chinese market. To which his response was that when the market returned so would the various CCL owned lines. So Princess will restore their presence there when conditions are ready. Of all of the Princess ships Majestic is the most likely. Especially since they have not even replaced the signage.

11 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Back during Covid, there was an interview with the CCL CEO where they  was asked about the future of the Chinese market. To which his response was that when the market returned so would the various CCL owned lines. So Princess will restore their presence there when conditions are ready. Of all of the Princess ships Majestic is the most likely. Especially since they have not even replaced the signage.

Got it, so it's a WAG, based on an interview. I don't see it the same way, as even pre-Covid Majestic was being moved to Oz and US.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Don’t think the conditions will be right for a while. 🎈 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Got it, so it's a WAG, based on an interview. I don't see it the same way, as even pre-Covid Majestic was being moved to Oz and US.

Time will tell.  After 2024 I expect once the Sun is done and is in the Carribean  another ship will be shifted to replace the Majestic. The Majestic will then get get shifted to take over for the Diamond/Sapphire Asian cruises.  Those two are starting to be used where the Coral and Island used to be used. Since with the Sun Sea and Pacific are now gone and the Island and Coral have taken over world cruise duties.

Keep in mind the scope of my comment was in response to the question of why hasn't Princess modified Majestic to match the rest of the fleet. Logical answer, a bit more than a WAG, is because they intend to use those features in the future. Especially with the smaller ships that have heavily  served that market being used in other ways. Let's see what happens after the sun joins the fleet in 2024.

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Don’t think the conditions will be right for a while. 🎈 

Probably after Sun joins the fleet in 2024 freeing up a ship from the Carribean.

33 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Time will tell.  After 2024 I expect once the Sun is done and is in the Carribean  another ship will be shifted to replace the Majestic. The Majestic will then get get shifted to take over for the Diamond/Sapphire Asian cruises.  Those two are starting to be used where the Coral and Island used to be used. Since with the Sun Sea and Pacific are now gone and the Island and Coral have taken over world cruise duties.

Keep in mind the scope of my comment was in response to the question of why hasn't Princess modified Majestic to match the rest of the fleet. Logical answer, a bit more than a WAG, is because they intend to use those features in the future. Especially with the smaller ships that have heavily  served that market being used in other ways. Let's see what happens after the sun joins the fleet in 2024.

Diamond is also made for the Asian market, with the writing on the bidets, as well as Izumi baths, etc.

Again, Majestic was moved to Oz before Covid.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 10:24 AM, Sea Hag said:

This: "The three decks will each have their own personalities, offer different dining experiences and range in levels of formality." is very interesting. Different levels of formality? I wonder how that's going to pan out.

I was wondering the exact same thing...

• Like 1