New website.

Riocca

24 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

We embark in Barcelona in 10 days.  Yesterday I received through the post, from my TA, a Guest Ticket Booklet, similar than I have had before with itinerary details, a list of the booked shore excursions. plus check in vouchers with bar codes.

I have previously received email confirmation of my correct OBC despite this not showing online.

I am confident everything onboard will be excellent as always.

Nice! I embark in Barcelona in 7 days and have received nada.  And in fact, when I log in, it shows two cruises on the same ship departing on 30-May.

Also got a blast email this morning (in US) about a new offer.  Their bookings are way down I suspect.

AZ EMAIL — Claim Your Bonus Nights: Book a European Cruise and Enjoy 3 FREE Nights!

Ready to set sail and make lifelong memories? We are thrilled to introduce an exciting opportunity for you to save on your next Azamara cruise! Book a select 2023 European cruise and receive three free nights, save 50% off your guest, and earn a $750 Onboard Credit*.

Discover the small ship cruising advantage as we take you to the heart of incredible hidden gem destinations. Step back in time and discover the fascinating history of the Ottoman Empire’s Cimenlik Castle in Canakkale, Turkey, and admire the breathtaking views of the Dardanelles Strait. Or after a day of sightseeing, take advantage of the clearest skies in Greece and relax while watching the sunset meld into a starry night in Kos. With Azamara, excitement awaits day and night.

Take advantage of this limited-time offer and enjoy extra time exploring your chosen destination with a friend or family member, while enhancing your journey with onboard credit for dining, shore excursions, or spa days. Book your voyage between May 23, 2023, through June 2, 2023, and explore Europe the Azamara way this year.

Edited by Marylebone37

On a positive note I did get the latest email offer. I am hoping I am now back on the list! On the negative side I cannot view any cruises on the website at all. Maybe they are working on it?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, john1970 said:

On a positive note I did get the latest email offer. I am hoping I am now back on the list! On the negative side I cannot view any cruises on the website at all. Maybe they are working on it?

I couldn’t view them either until I cleared the cookies then everything worked, that was the same on 3 different browsers.

We’ve been receiving regular emails but didn’t get this one, tried booking a cruise online but couldn’t change the cabin selection might actually have a booking on hold but won’t know until I phone them tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Marylebone37 said:

Nice! I embark in Barcelona in 7 days and have received nada.  And in fact, when I log in, it shows two cruises on the same ship departing on 30-May.

Also got a blast email this morning (in US) about a new offer.  Their bookings are way down I suspect.

AZ EMAIL — Claim Your Bonus Nights: Book a European Cruise and Enjoy 3 FREE Nights!

Ready to set sail and make lifelong memories? We are thrilled to introduce an exciting opportunity for you to save on your next Azamara cruise! Book a select 2023 European cruise and receive three free nights, save 50% off your guest, and earn a $750 Onboard Credit*.

Discover the small ship cruising advantage as we take you to the heart of incredible hidden gem destinations. Step back in time and discover the fascinating history of the Ottoman Empire’s Cimenlik Castle in Canakkale, Turkey, and admire the breathtaking views of the Dardanelles Strait. Or after a day of sightseeing, take advantage of the clearest skies in Greece and relax while watching the sunset meld into a starry night in Kos. With Azamara, excitement awaits day and night.

Take advantage of this limited-time offer and enjoy extra time exploring your chosen destination with a friend or family member, while enhancing your journey with onboard credit for dining, shore excursions, or spa days. Book your voyage between May 23, 2023, through June 2, 2023, and explore Europe the Azamara way this year.

I got that one too, and the prices looked really good. But when I started a mock booking for a veranda, the pricing started much higher than the starting prices listed when just looking at the cruise.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I can see them when I use Firefox but not in chrome. Maybe try another browser?

Ironically, on my iPad, Chrome has sometimes displayed items when Firefox & Safari did not.

Wacky system!

Update:

I tried this offer on Safari and Chrome. Safari couldn’t load the sailings. It just kept spinning. Chrome did load the sailing.

Edited by JaneStarr
To add info

4 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

Ironically, on my iPad, Chrome has sometimes displayed items when Firefox & Safari did not.

Wacky system!

Update:

I tried this offer on Safari and Chrome. Safari couldn’t load the sailings. It just kept spinning. Chrome did load the sailing.

I can't get Chrome or Firefox or Safari to load them.  This company is beyond pathetic at this point.

Could load them on Safari, Chrome and Firefox once cookies were cleared then just avoided “accept cookies” .

Managed to make a booking which is on 24hr hold as I couldn’t change the allocated cabin so need to call this morning to complete. Price was excellent for an 8 day Greece intensive which will form a b2b with an already booked cruise, just need to change our return flight once the booking is completed.

Onboard Azamara Quest day 20:

My "nonrefundable" OBC that I received as a result of cancelling an excursion booked before boarding with a credit card, has now been converted to "refundable".

For those of you who are concerned that Azamara could go under as a result of poor management of its website and the resulting cancellations and lack of bookings, I would like to tell you that I have seen no signs of cost-cutting onboard. Last night was "White Night".  There was a huge amount of food and drink.  The crew still seems happy, so apparently they are being paid and treated well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Phoned Azamara this morning to complete my booking, phone was answered immediately changed cabin number no problem and completed booking in a few minutes.

Took the opportunity to talk about another booking which has an incorrect balance and that was more challenging. I had FCC’s applied to the booking back in December last year and was issued with version 6 of the booking confirmation. Problem is that Azamara just haven’t received that information from RC and this is the case with a number of bookings, they have the initial booking information and nothing further so are having to rebuild the information. I was asked to send the confirmation I have so they can rebuild the booking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

.....For those of you who are concerned that Azamara could go under as a result of poor management of its website and the resulting cancellations and lack of bookings, I would like to tell you that I have seen no signs of cost-cutting onboard. Last night was "White Night".  There was a huge amount of food and drink.  The crew still seems happy, so apparently they are being paid and treated well.

Replicates our recent experience onboard Onward precisely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been told by a local TA contact (who I trust) that they have been advised that, as of today, the UK offices of Azamara (don't know about other locations) are just not accepting calls until this situation is sorted out.

Now, that may be an interpretation of what TAs are being told, or might be simply be that TAs have decided that it is not worth spending hours on the phone for Azamara to respond.....either way, it does not sound good.

8 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

I have been told by a local TA contact (who I trust) that they have been advised that, as of today, the UK offices of Azamara (don't know about other locations) are just not accepting calls until this situation is sorted out.

Now, that may be an interpretation of what TAs are being told, or might be simply be that TAs have decided that it is not worth spending hours on the phone for Azamara to respond.....either way, it does not sound good.

I spoke to the U.K. call centre this morning to finalise a new booking and errors in an existing booking, got through without any waiting. Certainly taking calls then, in fact was told that they need customers help in correcting errors as most of it is caused by information not being transferred from the RC system.

• Like 2

If TAs are not getting through to Azamara (as I recall, they have different numbers to call), or choose to just give up trying because of the hours-long delays, that's a far bigger problem than any individual client's issues. My own TA has spent many hours trying unsuccessfully to contact Azamara, for months now, for quite a number of clients, not just me, and this is affecting their business, with their lines and their time being tied up unnecessarily.

Certainly, my own experience of calling the Weighbridge number numerous times recently is that I never actually spoke to anyone in the UK - I eventually gave up on their automated system, and requested a call-back. Inevitably, I got a call back from someone in Wichita, Kansas, who could offer no help whatsoever.

TAs don't have to use Azamara, and don't have to recommed Azamara to their clients. Their experiences will determine what they do.

10 hours ago, islandwoman said:

For those of you who are concerned that Azamara could go under as a result of poor management of its website and the resulting cancellations and lack of bookings, I would like to tell you that I have seen no signs of cost-cutting onboard. Last night was "White Night".  There was a huge amount of food and drink.  The crew still seems happy, so apparently they are being paid and treated well.

I hate to even go here (but honestly I've been thinking about it)… Crystal operated pretty much as normal on board until the very end.  They weren't paying their bills and who knows what else was going on behind the scenes, but the onboard experience remained pretty much as expected until they went bust.

I know we're talking a bit of apples and oranges since COVID definitely contributed to Crystal's woes in a significant way.  But what transpires on board at AZ right now may not necessarily be indicative of what is truly happening at a broader level - especially at a company that is now owned by a private equity firm with zero public fiduciary/reporting responsibilities or disclosure requirements.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

But what transpires on board at AZ right now may not necessarily be indicative of what is truly happening at a broader level - especially at a company that is now owned by a private equity firm with zero public fiduciary/reporting responsibilities or disclosure requirements.

But which doesn't have the corporate-wide debts and mismanagement that were already obvious at Genting long before Crystal's demise.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

But which doesn't have the corporate-wide debts and mismanagement that were already obvious at Genting long before Crystal's demise.

I realize that for sure.  Just something to keep on eye on if we start hearing reports of on board issues, to-good-to-be-true reduced deposits, special sales etc.  I'll be on board the Pursuit starting on Monday for 2 weeks so will keep my eyes and ears keenly peeled.  Well, hopefully I'll be on board since my online/web site cruise details are still VERY incorrect.  I honestly can't believe that I'm sailing in < 7 days and they haven't taken all those bookings on this voyage (it is not sold out) and made sure they are all "done and dusted" and 100% accurate for guests to view.  Really stinks!  

Edited by Marylebone37

17 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

True on the debt front.  But AZ certainly seems have the corporate-wide mismanagement that is blatantly obvious at the moment.  This system cutover required a high degree of corporate-wide strategic planning and precise execution by management at nearly all levels.  And they failed miserably (and continue to do so).

• Like 2

Curious to know from those recently onboard --------- Was the ship full?  I've looked via an online agency at my cruise in July and also at a few others coming up in the next couple of months and there are many cabins still available.  One ship is as much as 41% vacant.  I wonder if this is accurate given the website problems.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Travelingwithstyle said:

Funny you should say this.  I just wrote Sycamore Partners because we are completely fed up with the numerous issues.  I was thinking I cant believe Sycamore Partners would allow this to continue to happen to us consumers.  Today, I decided to write them specifically about the lack of caring and leadership of President Cabezas.  I also asked them if they were informed about all the issues because I can not believe an investment company would allow this to continue under current leadership if they knew what was occurring. 

Here is another avenue we can try since calls, emails, and President Cabezas does not give us any resolution to our numerous problems

I wrote them at info@sycamorepartners.com  

Just a followup from my original post on May 11.  I have not received a reply from Sycamore Partners.  I doubt they will reply. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

True on the debt front.  But AZ certainly seems have the corporate-wide mismanagement that is blatantly obvious at the moment.  This system cutover required a high degree of corporate-wide strategic planning and precise execution by management at nearly all levels.  And they failed miserably (and continue to do so).

I won't try to defend Azamara's management, but the recent report that RCG didn't even send over many of the details on prior bookings and changes would explain why those things are so screwed up and can't be fixed by the overnight gnomes until a customer provides documentation.

Why they can't have a smooth process for new bookings?–that I don't know.  

But – does anybody know of a different IT provider Azamara could have chosen?  [My university had a terrible experience moving from our old COBOL system to Oracle.  Our data was crappy just like in this case, but Oracle also struck me as not living up to their reputation – and we had done a very thorough RFP process.  The problem was that there were no other vendors who were even as good as Oracle.]

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

but the recent report that RCG didn't even send over many of the details on prior bookings and changes would explain why those things are so screwed up and can't be fixed

But… I am tempted to say 'they would say that, wouldn't they'.

• Like 1