Is this really a new benefit for Elite?

Hobbes67

Has anyone else received a call from Princess offering this new benefit for elite passengers:

Commit and pay (either immediately, or over a year) for a mini suite $7499 total for 2

You receive: $6000 in future cruise credits that can be used to pay for this cruise or another:

7 night stay for 2 at a resort

2 nights stay at a hotel (2 times)

750 promo points towards discounts on merchandise

$300 OBC

All has to be used within 18 months

I normally don't answer the phone, but since my phone said Princess I did.    You are probably thinking like I am that this is a scam.  He did know how many cruise days I had on Princess, and when and where my last cruise was.   I didn't book it as I don't trust phone calls like this.    If he had offered something in writing from Princess I might have considered it.  He gave me a phone number to call if I change my mind, and it is the Princess Cruise Planners number.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hobbes67 said:

Has anyone else received a call from Princess offering this new benefit for elite passengers:

Commit and pay (either immediately, or over a year) for a mini suite $7499 total for 2

You receive: $6000 in future cruise credits that can be used to pay for this cruise or another:

$300 OBC

I normally don't answer the phone, but since my phone said Princess I did.    You are probably thinking like I am that this is a scam.  He did know how many cruise days I had on Princess, and when and where my last cruise was.   I didn't book it as I don't trust phone calls like this.    If he had offered something in writing from Princess I might have considered it.  He gave me a phone number to call if I change my mind, and it is the Princess Cruise Planners number.

If they are doing these cold calls, then Princess should know about it.

If they are the group called Princess Promotions with the half logo

of the sea witch, then they are acting as a third party TA or a CVP?  

Several people have reported getting these odd calls, asking for a CC.  No way.

They have access to your information, except your CC.  Some have even put bookings on hold, without deposits on the person’s account, without their knowledge.

IDK.  If it were me, I’d want to report it as fraud and get to the bottom of these unsolicited calls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No have not heard about anything like that from Princess.

Sounds like either a scam or some kind of a partner ship with one of the timeshare companies, which I guess is pretty much the same thing.

Did they say what hotel chain.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

If they are doing these cold calls, then Princess should know about it.

If they are the group called Princess Promotions with the half logo

of the sea witch, then they are acting as a third party TA or a CVP?  

Several people have reported getting these odd calls, asking for a CC.  No way.

They have access to your information, except your CC.  Some have even put bookings on hold, without deposits on the person’s account, without their knowledge.

IDK.  If it were me, I’d want to report it as fraud and get to the bottom of these unsolicited calls.

10 minutes ago, Hobbes67 said:

$300 OBC

Do you have a CVP or a TA?  If you have a CVP, I’d call them, tell them about it and ask what’s going on?  Or, if you go through a TA, they would know that by looking at your last cruise.  Then, they are going over your TA’s head, soliciting your business. 

Let us know please.

• Like 1

Listen, I have heard about this a few times over the past few years.  
Do not give your credit card, bank info, etc!

This is not directly from Princess Cruises. Maybe associated as they knew your cruise history.

I am one who has a PVP who I have never done business with, put a cruise on hold that I did Not speak to her about.

She has access to my Princess account.

As far as the Promotion did they say anything about Cancellation Ins?  That would be a big concern, booking through a third party you did not instigate business with.

In regards to the hotels, he said they have deals with many companies ie. Hilton etc.  Since the pandemic I have been booking direct with Princess and do not have a CVP.  Maybe I will send an email to Princess to see if it is legit.  We are not going to book through this as it doesn't sound legit to me. 

Yes, they said that if we book and took the insurance, then if we had to cancel we would only be out the insurance.  You are right, I will not give my cc information to them or anyone cold calling me.

This was the first time I heard about this so thought I would give people a heads up.  When I google the phone number he gave me it is coming up as Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hobbes67 said:

In regards to the hotels, he said they have deals with many companies ie. Hilton etc.  Since the pandemic I have been booking direct with Princess and do not have a CVP.  Maybe I will send an email to Princess to see if it is legit.  We are not going to book through this as it doesn't sound legit to me. 

Yes, they said that if we book and took the insurance, then if we had to cancel we would only be out the insurance.  You are right, I will not give my cc information to them or anyone cold calling me.

This was the first time I heard about this so thought I would give people a heads up.  When I google the phone number he gave me it is coming up as Princess.

The Legal or privacy department for Princess.  They may have a clue as to why someone can access your information and make unsolicited calls.

privacypcl@princesscruises.com

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hobbes67 said:

$300 OBC

Yes!!!! Just got off the phone with them

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What did you find out?  
My post #10 has an email that you could report it to.

Same exact info the OP posted. He did provide a phone number and ext and princess.com email. I didn't give agree to anything, but just like the OP they had both mine and my dad's captain circle infor with all my contact stuff and cruise history. For kicks I sat and listened the whole spiel. Scam? Not sure? 🤷‍♀️ If it isn't a scam, doesn't matter because ethe package doesn't really pretain to me as I don't do hotel / resort stays when traveling on my cruises. They wanted a $3000 deposit today and then lowered it to $1500 today for the deposit and with both a monthly payment plan. In 7;days will start the access to $6000 of FCC to spend. And all the other promompoints which he used from 750 points to 1500. You have 2 years with all this moola. 

But the deal / deposit must be made today! Ummm sorry body I'm not laying any money out. 

Also.lile the OP I do not have a princess cvp. I use my own independent personal travel agent , which this guy has all the info on as well. 

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Same exact info the OP posted. He did provide a phone number and ext and princess.com email. I didn't give agree to anything, but just like the OP they had both mine and my dad's captain circle infor with all my contact stuff and cruise history. For kicks I sat and listened the whole spiel. Scam? Not sure? 🤷‍♀️ If it isn't a scam, doesn't matter because ethe package doesn't really pretain to me as I don't do hotel / resort stays when traveling on my cruises. They wanted a $3000 deposit today and then lowered it to $1500 today for the deposit and with both a monthly payment plan. In 7;days will start the access to $6000 of FCC to spend. And all the other promompoints which he used from 750 points to 1500. You have 2 years with all this moola. 

But the deal / deposit must be made today! Ummm sorry body I'm not laying any money out. 

Wow! Sounds like a desperate attempt to increase cash flow. 
I wish we would have some notice about these calls.

You think It is a CVP?

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

You think It is a CVP?

It almost sounds like it's a CVP as he says I'll be working with you along with your travel agent with booking everything from flights to hotels or cruises.

I did just email that privacy address that you had sent and post it to ask them to clarify if this is legit or a scam so I know whether or not to warn others

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

It almost sounds like it's a CVP as he says I'll be working with you along with your travel agent with booking everything from flights to hotels or cruises.

I did just email that privacy address that you had sent and post it to ask them to clarify if this is legit or a scam so I know whether or not to warn others

That’s good. Let us know. I wonder what your TA would say?  Split commission?

wish a TA on CC would chime in. 
Interesting…🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dog said:

Did anyone get any written information on this promotion?

They kept saying once you give the deposit they will immediately send over an email to go over all of the benefits. Honestly if it's not a scam they shouldn't hesitate to send over all this prior to payment. And the fact they needed money today and decline to give you time such as a few days to think about it seemed odd. Kinda felt like a car sale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:
16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You think It is a CVP?

I am pretty sure CVPs do not share credits with TAs, at any rate they didn't prior to shutdown,  so highlighted portion has me believing it's a scam 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

They kept saying once you give the deposit they will immediately send over an email to go over all of the benefits. Honestly if it's not a scam they shouldn't hesitate to send over all this prior to payment. And the fact they needed money today and decline to give you time such as a few days to think about it seemed odd. Kinda felt like a car sale.

Yes, or high pressure sales.

I received a call last week, didn’t notice it, because it went to my call filter as spam. It shows as a Princess phone number, but it also is shown online as a robo caller.

But, Princess probably does have robo callers for upcoming cruises.

ughhh

Does a CVP randomly reach out to people who never book directly with princess??? I've done about 100 cruises with princess and always have booked independently with my personal l agent. I found it odd they reached out, and they saw that I have like 8 upcoming cruises. It's not like I'm a one and done passenger, as I'm clearly loyal. 

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1