Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

For future things like I said news on the rest of this year will wait until the football schedule comes out in May. 

Make sure you’re subscribed to this thread with notifications turned on for that news.

Next year I have three cruises in the first four months. That includes Jubilee, Spirit, and Horizon. All three ships are new to me. One new home port for me (Mobile) and four new ports for me (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Bimini). 

If anyone has tips or suggestions for any of those ports, feel free to leave those here because my planning hasn’t really begun for any of them. 

I can also say I have my first balcony room booked on a future cruise…but I won’t say which one until we get to it.

For dinner in Mobile, I would suggest The Noble South.  We sat at the bar and had tasty cocktails with small plates.

bar.jpg

decor.jpg

noble.jpg

• Like 7

Mobile- stay at the Renaissance. Noble south is good. Also, Spot of Tea for brunch. Wintzell’s oyster House. Lots of cool bars on Dauphin st… including the brick house, that I got kicked out of for using the mens bathroom when the womens was overflowing and TP Crockmeir’s where I met the bad guy from Kindergarten cop. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, AmyJA said:

Have you heard any chatter about the new Reservation Line? https://reserve.clearme.com

I signed up for it once at PHX. The after entering all my info they gave me a reservation for the farthest check point for my gate. Skipped the reservation and cleared security in less than 10 minutes closer to my gate.

They asked later why I didn't make it to my reservation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AmyJA said:

Have you heard any chatter about the new Reservation Line? https://reserve.clearme.com

From what I understand, you can make a reservation online for security. I believe you have 20 minutes past your reservation time to make it through. You enter in the date of your flight, flight no. and destination city. I have not personally used the service. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

If anyone has tips or suggestions for any of those ports, feel free to leave those here because my planning hasn’t really begun for any of them. 

First- I sincerely enjoyed your live review, thanks so much for taking the time to do this! 

Our must do’s in Aruba are Dushi Burger for lunch for their grouper fish and chips and Redfish restaurant for dinner for their fried shrimp platter. Another great restaurant for dinner is Madam Janette’s … you’ll want to make a reservation. Highly recommended their almond crusted grouper and au gratin potatoes. You can take the public bus to Dushi Burger. You’ll need to take a taxi to Redfish and Madam Janette’s. I believe the bus is $2.50 each way. Walk outside of the port area to hail a taxi … it’s less expensive. 

Eagle beach (low rise hotel area) is a great beach as is Palm beach (high rise hotel area. You can take the pubic bus to both of these. 

Tourist highlights-

Lighthouse

Chapel

Brewery Tour

Great downtown area for shopping … within walking distance from the port. 

• Like 5