Embarkation for me Platinum Balcony, and my son first time cruiser Ocean View both are green lane

Cinerama

13 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Free Internet and Loyalty Onboard Credit are two benefits that I can think of that were removed. 

Nope the claim was that Princess was constantly cutting Captains Club benefits.

1. the Free internet of on average about 10 to 15 minutes per day of a cruise, was replaced with a 50% discount of unlimited. They did that because they nolonger sold internet by the minute and as such a per minute allocation was no longer possible. The dollar reduction was greater that the cost of the old Free minutes. Even more when they changed the program they also added the 10% discount on excursions. So removed no, replaced yes and added the excursion discount.

2. The loyalty benefit was not ever a Captains Club benefit at any level. It was a separate program just as a veterans obc and shareholder obc are separate programs. So it also is not a cut of CC benefits 

People may make decisions that decrease the value of CC benefits to them such as boarding later, buying packages etc. but that is their choice the benefits are still there.

The only CC benefit that seems to have vanished is the small bag of bath items, which have not been available on some cruises recently. Not sure if that is a change or a supply chain issue.

Edited by ldtr

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

Nope the claim was that Princess was constantly cutting Captains Club benefits.

1. the Free internet of on average about 10 to 15 minutes per day of a cruise, with a 50% discount of unlimited. They did that because they nolonger sold internet by the minute and as such a per minute allocation was no longer possible. The dollar reduction was greater that the cost of the old Free minutes. Even more when they changed the program they also added the 10% discount on excursions. So removed no, replaced yes and added the excursion discount.

2. The loyalty benefit was not ever a Captains Club benefit at any level. It was a separate program just as a veterans obc and shareholder obc are separate programs. So it also is not a cut of CC benefits 

People may make decisions that decrease the value of CC benefits to them such as boarding later, buying packages etc. but that is their choice the benefits are still there.

The only CC benefit that seems to have vanished is the small bag of bath items, which have not been available on some cruises recently. Not sure if that is a change or a supply chain issue.

You really do love to argue with people. 😂😂😂

• Thanks 4

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You really do love to argue with people. 😂😂😂

cruise lines have enough issues and things people can rightly complain about. It is when people make blanket statements such as the one that I responded to a CC benefits getting continuously cut that is really not accurate that draws a response. 

7 minutes ago, ldtr said:

cruise lines have enough issues and things people can rightly complain about. It is when people make blanket statements such as the one that I responded to a CC benefits getting continuously cut that is really not accurate that draws a response. 

The last words from me, I promise.  Did you ever think that perhaps it’s your tone and your choice of words?  You don’t sound like you’re offering advice, you sound like you’re lecturing to people below you.  Try a little respect and civility occasionally, you’d be surprised at how well people respond to you.

Thank you, I’m done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

The last words from me, I promise.  Did you ever think that perhaps it’s your tone and your choice of words?  You don’t sound like you’re offering advice, you sound like you’re lecturing to people below you.  Try a little respect and civility occasionally, you’d be surprised at how well people respond to you.

Thank you, I’m done.

Me too. Done here. Broken record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/4/2023 at 2:04 PM, ldtr said:

15 cruises for Elite is not that much. You often have more Elite on a ship these days than Platinum. After all one is Platinum only for 5 to 15 cruises then you are Elite forever.

On my last cruise which was mostly younger than most Princess cruises there were still over 600 Elite on board with about 450 Platinum out of 3200 passengers.

Thank you everyone for your comments!

Where would I go to see how many passengers are Elite or Platinum on my cruise?

1 hour ago, Cinerama said:

It is  announced during the Captains Circle event along with the days for the 3 most traveled.

1 hour ago, Cinerama said:

There's no place to such online or pre-cruise.  As @EDDY0827says...go to the Captain's Circle Host *onboard* the ship and they will gladly tell you.

• 3 months later...
On 2/4/2023 at 10:58 AM, ldtr said:

They did not remove the Internet benefit, they changed it from a very limited number of minutes, about 10 to 15 minutes per cruise day on average, to a 50% discount on unlimited, when they did away with the entire minute based system, making it impossible to continue with the old system.

You also seem to miss that when they made that change they added the 10% discount on excursions which can more than make up for the cost of Internet.

You stated removing benefits all the time so you must have other examples.

Too me they did in fact remove the Internet benefit.  I always used my free minutes and that was all I needed for my whole cruise. Now I have to buy a package I dont need or want or go without.   Fir those of us that just needed a few minutes for the week, it is a removal of a benefit, no matter the reason.