Embarkation for me Platinum Balcony, and my son first time cruiser Ocean View both are green lane

Cinerama

Since they have no status on Princess and are not sharing your cabin, then they should embark  accordingly.  Many folks who are Platinum and Elite have spent lots of money and time at sea to earn this privilege.  Since Princess seems to be removing status benefits so frequently, this is one of the few benefits left for us.  It’s not a big deal, but yeah, it matters.  Sorry.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Many folks who are Platinum and Elite have spent lots of money and time at sea to earn this privilege.

Not really. We've only been on 5 Princess cruises and are already platinum. Didn't spend all that much money or time at sea to get here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Not really. We've only been on 5 Princess cruises and are already platinum. Didn't spend all that much money or time at sea to get here.

Same  number of cruises or days required to get to Platinum.

Right, some have got there by doing short cruises which they got credit for.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Yes, and you deserve whatever benefits you are entitled to.  They are far and few between, so enjoy them while you still have them

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Since they have no status on Princess and are not sharing your cabin, then they should embark  accordingly.  Many folks who are Platinum and Elite have spent lots of money and time at sea to earn this privilege.  Since Princess seems to be removing status benefits so frequently, this is one of the few benefits left for us.  It’s not a big deal, but yeah, it matters.  Sorry.

ok what exact status benefits has Princess removed since you say that they are removing them so frequently?

8 minutes ago, ldtr said:

ok what exact status benefits has Princess removed since you say that they are removing them so frequently?

For one, we used to receive free internet minutes, so buying wifi was not necessary.  There are others that many cc members have referred to recently, especially for Elite status.  Perhaps some will chime in.  My point was that people should take advantage of the benefits they actually earned.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

You are correct.  Platinum level is relatively easy to obtain and the ships are filled with them.  Elite, on the other hand, does require a dedicated cruiser and does take a substantial amount of money to achieve.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

For one, we used to receive free internet minutes, so buying wifi was not necessary.  There are others that many cc members have referred to recently, especially for Elite status.  Perhaps some will chime in.  My point was that people should take advantage of the benefits they actually earned.  

They did not remove the Internet benefit, they changed it from a very limited number of minutes, about 10 to 15 minutes per cruise day on average, to a 50% discount on unlimited, when they did away with the entire minute based system, making it impossible to continue with the old system.

You also seem to miss that when they made that change they added the 10% discount on excursions which can more than make up for the cost of Internet.

You stated removing benefits all the time so you must have other examples.

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

You are correct.  Platinum level is relatively easy to obtain and the ships are filled with them.  Elite, on the other hand, does require a dedicated cruiser and does take a substantial amount of money to achieve.

15 cruises for Elite is not that much. You often have more Elite on a ship these days than Platinum. After all one is Platinum only for 5 to 15 cruises then you are Elite forever.

On my last cruise which was mostly younger than most Princess cruises there were still over 600 Elite on board with about 450 Platinum out of 3200 passengers.

10 minutes ago, ldtr said:

They did not remove the Internet benefit, they changed it from a very limited number of minutes, about 10 to 15 minutes per cruise day on average, to a 50% discount on unlimited, when they did away with the entire minute based system, making it impossible to continue with the old system.

You also seem to miss that when they made that change they added the 10% discount on excursions which can more than make up for the cost of Internet.

You stated removing benefits all the time so you must have other examples.

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what point you are trying to make.  What possible difference does it make to you which benefits were removed or diminished?  Again, whatever your status, enjoy what benefits you have earned.  It seems that you want to start a disagreement about this and I certainly do not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ldtr said:

15 cruises for Elite is not that much. You often have more Elite on a ship these days than Platinum. After all one is Platinum only for 5 to 15 cruises then you are Elite forever.

On my last cruise which was mostly younger than most Princess cruises there were still over 600 Elite on board with about 450 Platinum out of 3200 passengers.

Okay

22 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what point you are trying to make.  What possible difference does it make to you which benefits were removed or diminished?  Again, whatever your status, enjoy what benefits you have earned.  It seems that you want to start a disagreement about this and I certainly do not.

because you made a remark that was rather negative about the cruise line that was somewhat erroneous, since Princess is not removing CC benefits all of the time. As a result I responded with a question about what benefits they are removing all of the time.

To not do so would result in others assuming your comment was correct.

2 hours ago, Cinerama said:

Just wondering how embarkation works now as we haven't been on a Princess cruise for a few years. Also, can he and his family get in line with us?

We have cruised with friends multiple times who did not have any status with Princess and we were Platinum or Elite.  We would split up at the entrance and we would go to the "platinum/elite" line and they went to the regular line.  Every EVERY time - they got processed ahead of us.  It became a standing joke that they would wait for us in their cabin 🙂  The next cruise we just checked in with them 🙂

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

We have cruised with friends multiple times who did not have any status with Princess and we were Platinum or Elite.  We would split up at the entrance and we would go to the "platinum/elite" line and they went to the regular line.  Every EVERY time - they got processed ahead of us.  It became a standing joke that they would wait for us in their cabin 🙂  The next cruise we just checked in with them 🙂

I don't understand how this could happen.  I believe that a non-status passenger can check in with a status passenger, then wait in their respective areas.  

But aren't in-transit, suite, elite, platinum passengers boarded before opening up boarding to the general public?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I don't understand how this could happen.  I believe that a non-status passenger can check in with a status passenger, then wait in their respective areas.  

But aren't in-transit, suite, elite, platinum passengers boarded before opening up boarding to the general public?

Yes, that is what happens. It might be that they do not check in until after ship boarding has already started and boarding groups have all been boarded.

Edited by ldtr

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

don't know. We usually get to the port anywhere between 11 am and 1 pm and are onboard within 15 minutes - and that's before reaching Platinum. How much faster can Platinum status get us there? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

If everyone who is Platinum/Elite, takes family or friends with them, just imagine the queues. If you want to be with family, go in their queue. You might even find their line moves more quickly !!!

So true!  Been in the longer platinum line pre pandemic.

I really enjoyed getting that free limited wifi before.

I am ok paying the discount price for elite on my 7 day cruise for multi device.  However, I just priced it for a 16 day TA and refuse to pay the new price. It will be one device for us to share.

We get priority boarding apparently, but the line up is longer then the other lines, so we started taking a later boarding time to avoid that.

Did not have elite status when I needed it for priority tendering in Falklands. Now trying to stay away from cruises with tender ports.

Appreciate the laundry & mini bar set up- hope it continues to be offered.

I know others have lost some OBC benefits but that was never part of my elite benefits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Take care.  I appreciate your posts!  And appreciate any recognition Princess gives us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

I really enjoyed getting that free limited wifi before.

I am ok paying the discount price for elite on my 7 day cruise for multi device.  However, I just priced it for a 16 day TA and refuse to pay the new price. It will be one device for us to share.

We get priority boarding apparently, but the line up is longer then the other lines, so we started taking a later boarding time to avoid that.

Did not have elite status when I needed it for priority tendering in Falklands. Now trying to stay away from cruises with tender ports.

Appreciate the laundry & mini bar set up- hope it continues to be offered.

I know others have lost some OBC benefits but that was never part of my elite benefits.

The OBC was never part of Captains Club benefits. It was a loyalty benefit outside of the Captains Club program that start with $25 after 25 cruises and went up each 25 after that.

The priority boarding is more for if you arrive before boarding starts. Then you get placed in early boarding groups so you get on the ship faster. If you show up after boarding starts then not much value. Kind of like early boarding on planes. not much value if other groups are already boarding.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Take care.  I appreciate your posts!  And appreciate any recognition Princess gives us.

Thanks, dog!  It’s members like you that make this an enjoyable place for cruisers to chat and exchange experiences and even learn something new. Some people enjoy confrontation, but it’s not my thing.  You keep being you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thanks, dog!  It’s members like you that make this an enjoyable place for cruisers to chat and exchange experiences and even learn something new. Some people enjoy confrontation, but it’s not my thing.  You keep being you.

it was not about confrontation it was about people repeating a claim that Princess was cutting CC benefits when they really have not. The only CC benefit that has seemed to vanish has been the small bag of of bath items that is listed as a benefit. Unclear if that is gone or more of a supply chain issue.

More about correcting mis information than confrontation.

Edited by ldtr