Sea Rover - Deep Blue Extras. The future???

raphael360

On 2/5/2023 at 7:05 AM, raphael360 said:

Several posters have been discussing the future of the Sea Rover loyalty program in other discussion posts on this board.  The consensus of most is: the Sea Rover program is or may be ending on the first of April and being replaced with a yet-to-be-disclosed new loyalty program.  The future of Deep Blue Extras is also TBD. Nobody in the Virgin customer service department (either by chat or phone) is aware of what Virgin is planning.

I asked about the loyalty program while onboard the Scarlet Lady two weeks ago. Future Cruise Desk said they are expecting a permanent loyalty program to be announced by the end of this month (April).  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

I asked about the loyalty program while onboard the Scarlet Lady two weeks ago. Future Cruise Desk said they are expecting a permanent loyalty program to be announced by the end of this month (April).  

Same info I got on my April cruise.  No one at VV knows anything about the future of the Sailor's Club.  Even my TA can't get a straight answer.  

It's not that Sailor Club perks are huge, but things like priority boarding make a real difference when deciding to jump on a cruise or not.  Next week is my 5th cruise in 3 months but I'm going to take a break until this gets sorted out.  (If it gets sorted out.). Good news is welcome, the bad news is acceptable but NO news is totally unacceptable, in any business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Let's all pretend that we haven't heard that before....maybe it will happen this time.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 9:39 AM, cantgetin said:

Let's all pretend that we haven't heard that before....maybe it will happen this time.

I'm boarding 1 week from today but still in the dark about what to expect when I arrive at the port of Miami.  Are priority boarding and free premium wifi gone?  Is the Sea Rover program now defunct??  No one knows.  Not even my TA who is currently on board Scarlett.

I want to get excited about my upcoming 6th VV adventure but, even now, I'm hating the 'not knowing' experience.  I'm hoping for a last-minute announcement from VV but I'm preparing myself for disappointment.  

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

I'm boarding 1 week from today but still in the dark about what to expect when I arrive at the port of Miami.  Are priority boarding and free premium wifi gone?  Is the Sea Rover program now defunct??  No one knows.  Not even my TA who is currently on board Scarlett.

I want to get excited about my upcoming 6th VV adventure but, even now, I'm hating the 'not knowing' experience.  I'm hoping for a last-minute announcement from VV but I'm preparing myself for disappointment.  

The bottom line is that no one knows.  Last time, they didn't announce the extension of DBE until the day it supposedly expired.  Premium wifi is available for $10 per day if you don't get it free, regular wifi is free.  Priority boarding exists for suites, Romance at Sea package,  and a few other deals, not sure about DBE (again)

Boarding at Miami is normally a piece of cake provided JLo isn't around.  Show up 30 minutes before your assigned time and you'll be on board within a few minutes of your time.  Laundry is available for $30 per huge bag if not on DBE......so nothing is going away; it is just a matter of whether you pay or not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Boarding at Miami is normally a piece of cake provided JLo isn't around.  Show up 30 minutes before your assigned time and you'll be on board within a few minutes of your time.

I booked this next cruise 'last minute' so my boarding slot is 3:30.  

The difference between Sea Rover priority boarding is: being in my cabin at 1:45 (and booking show reservations) or standing in the hot 3:30 queue and being in my room after 4 PM (only to find all shows sold out).  That is a "HUGH" deal and is the difference between my ever booking more last-minute VV cruises or never booking another VV cruise again, ever.  

FYI I could give a crap about premium wifi or laundry.

Edited by raphael360
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, raphael360 said:

I booked this next cruise 'last minute' so my boarding slot is 3:30.  

The difference between Sea Rover priority boarding is: being in my cabin at 1:45 (and booking show reservations) or standing in the hot 3:30 queue and being in my room after 4 PM (only to find all shows sold out).  That is a "HUGH" deal and is the difference between my ever booking more last-minute VV cruises or never booking another VV cruise again, ever.  

FYI I could give a crap about premium wifi or laundry.

The trouble is if everyone has priority boarding then in effect no one does as everyone is just turning up at the same time. I would expect for the new version of the Sailing Club that’s the perk which will be reserved only for the higher spenders. 

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

The trouble is if everyone has priority boarding then in effect no one does as everyone is just turning up at the same time. I would expect for the new version of the Sailing Club that’s the perk which will be reserved only for the higher spenders. 

On my past five cruises there were about 20 to 30 sea rovers out of 1800 passengers so it  hardly represents “everyone”. But I do agree that they’re probably going to start with the higher spender rewards versus frequency rewards.  

Edited by raphael360

2 hours ago, raphael360 said:

On my past five cruises there were about 20 to 30 sea rovers out of 1800 passengers so it  hardly represents “everyone”. But I do agree that they’re probably going to start with the higher spender rewards versus frequency rewards.  

Ah on last years October transatlantic which is the only cruise we’ve done since the new benefits came in last September there was more like 200+ passengers at the special Sailing Club sailaway, which would be about 20% of all passengers that were onboard.

2 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Ah on last years October transatlantic which is the only cruise we’ve done since the new benefits came in last September there was more like 200+ passengers at the special Sailing Club sailaway, which would be about 20% of all passengers that were onboard.

October 2022, 1400 Sailors boarded the ship, and I agree, about 200+ Sailing Club.  This TA, 1813 sailors  boarded the ship, ballpark 300 Sailing Club.  Once the status match is gone, I expect fewer people to qualify....but I do know people who have done more than 10 VV cruises already!  The nice thing is that the extension thru April 30 qualified us as Sea Rovers....and the only known benefit for that is $100 bonus on bar tabs purchased  for sailings thru 2024.  I expect other benefits will be announced when DBE ends.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jon81uk said:

last September there was more like 200+ passengers at the special Sailing Club sailaway

You are right about the percentages of passengers being sailing club members.  My 20 - 30 Sea Rovers number was in reference to how many of us were in terminal V's pre-boarding lounge waiting to check in and how it related to the 'everyone' comment. There were maybe 20 of us Sea Rovers checking in at 1:30 along with about 50 Romance Package sailors.  Surprisingly few... Rock stars had their own lounge and entrance.  I didn't do the sail away event party thing.

Deep Blue Extras now extended until the end of 2023.

New "10% Sailor Loyalty Booking Benefit" has appeared in terms. Valid for sailings up to and including 31 May 2024. Book by 31 October 2023.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2023 at 6:18 AM, Chrish2 said:

Deep Blue Extras now extended until the end of 2023.

New "10% Sailor Loyalty Booking Benefit" has appeared in terms. Valid for sailings up to and including 31 May 2024. Book by 31 October 2023.

I see you are sailing on the Sept 6 sailing... I just booked that itinerary on Monday of this week, and VV applied the 10% loyalty benefit for me on Tuesday when I called. The refunded $$ has already hit my credit card.

• Like 1

I just got my status match approved! I didn’t bother doing it before because I thought the program was ending. 
Question: will I get my 10% off access code? It sounds like the codes have already been sent out to those who were eligible when the offer started. I hope they send out another round of emails! 

28 minutes ago, Jamespaton said:

Did anyone ever get their 10% email?

Not yet -- I Vivi-chatted and left a message inquiring about the same a couple of days ago and am awaiting a reply from Sailor Services.  Looking to stack on with a MNVV booking.   Scott.