Sea Rover - Deep Blue Extras. The future???

raphael360

We just got back - they told me they will do the deep blue extras until the end of the year. When you arrive at port go find a crew member. Tell them you are deep blue - they check you app and see deep blue member. They will direct you PAST EVERYONE and go upstairs. (We arrived 1:15pm no need to arrive ANY EARLIER TRUST ME). Everyone else will be in line for later times. You check in, they give you a blue writs band. You go through security. Wait in lounge. They board Rockstar, then romance package and the deep blue. We were onboard by 2:10pm it was incredible and easy. The perks all worked perfectly. Get the premium wifi they will credit you. All of the sailor loot worked they just deduct that from your tab. Coffee was deducted up to $10 a day, easy. The laundry was easy and deducted from the tab. The cocktail event was fine, champagne and sangria. No need to wear the blue bracelet during the cruise; they treat everyone like VIP.  Any other questions just ask.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On our previous cruises, the charges for things like coffee and laundry showed up on the account and were then removed.  On our most recent cruise (the October TA), the charges were never applied in a way that we could see them on the app.  I'm sure for accounting that they were applied and removed, but it happened instantly so we never saw the charges.  We remove the wristband immediately after boarding......it is a pain and gets into food if you wear it while trying to eat.

21 hours ago, Jamespaton said:

Did anyone ever get their 10% email?

My husband got one, but I didn’t. We happened to be on the Valiant TA at the time and we booked a future cruise on board. We didn’t even need the code as we were recognised as Sea Blazers and they just applied the discount.

That notice was added to my October sailing when it reappeared on line yesterday after having been removed from the "my account" section.  In my case, the dates reflected when I purchased MNVV, but it made no sense as those had already been applied to bookings....thus, in my mind, the $0 showed.  I think this was just their latest attempt at "improving" their on line stuff when in reality, they messed up other things. I'm just glad that I have a great TA who will make sure it is all correct before each sailing.

Yeah, they kinda botched sending all the 10% access codes, but you can apply it by just calling Sailor Services after you book. I did that for my booking yesterday and they applied it with no problem and confirmed I can use it for more bookings in the future using the same procedure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xbox2428 said:

Yeah, they kinda botched sending all the 10% access codes, but you can apply it by just calling Sailor Services after you book. I did that for my booking yesterday and they applied it with no problem and confirmed I can use it for more bookings in the future using the same procedure.

Oh amazing - so you’re able to apply it to multiple future voyages you’ve already booked?

57 minutes ago, Jamespaton said:

Oh amazing - so you’re able to apply it to multiple future voyages you’ve already booked?

I don't think you can apply it to the stuff you booked before the promotion began, though.

Looking at the promo terms, it mentions:

> This offer is eligible for bookings on an eligible voyage purchased between 12:01 a.m. EDT on 01 May 2023 through 11:59 p.m. EST on 31 October 2023 for existing Sea Rovers, Sea Blazers, and 485c members.

>  Eligible Voyages. Eligible voyage dates are between 12:01 a.m. EDT on 01 May 2023 through 11:59 p.m. EDT on 31 May 2024. 

So, if you booked after 01 May 2023 and the voyage is in the eligible dates, they should be able to apply it, yeah.

15 hours ago, Xbox2428 said:

I don't think you can apply it to the stuff you booked before the promotion began, though.

Looking at the promo terms, it mentions:

> This offer is eligible for bookings on an eligible voyage purchased between 12:01 a.m. EDT on 01 May 2023 through 11:59 p.m. EST on 31 October 2023 for existing Sea Rovers, Sea Blazers, and 485c members.

>  Eligible Voyages. Eligible voyage dates are between 12:01 a.m. EDT on 01 May 2023 through 11:59 p.m. EDT on 31 May 2024. 

So, if you booked after 01 May 2023 and the voyage is in the eligible dates, they should be able to apply it, yeah.

Ahh perfect. Thanks for that!

On 5/17/2023 at 9:20 PM, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Did anyone get the 10% from status match (as opposed to sailing 2+ times)?

Yes.   Just booked a December 2023 sailing ydy with having status matched on April's TA to BCN - our first Virgin Voyage.  Was able to stack current market offers, with pay-in-full discount to book, then chatted online with sailor services and the adjusted the booking downward by 10 percent and refunded the amount to my original payment media. They were also able to apply Deep Blue Extra to my booking without having to have me re-submit anything.  Not elegant, but ....     Scott

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Yes.   Just booked a December 2023 sailing ydy with having status matched on April's TA to BCN - our first Virgin Voyage.  Was able to stack current market offers, with pay-in-full discount to book, then chatted online with sailor services and the adjusted the booking downward by 10 percent and refunded the amount to my original payment media. They were also able to apply Deep Blue Extra to my booking without having to have me re-submit anything.  Not elegant, but ....     Scott

We've never had to resubmit anything for DBE.  Once we did the application, it was automatically applied to future bookings.

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

We've never had to resubmit anything for DBE. 

One benefit to working w/ a first mate / travel agent (who is knowledgeable about the VV product) versus self-booking where it seems these loyalty flags are hit and miss to be picked up when the booking is created.  I also had a new sailor ID created w/ this online booking which further complicated things, because before anything could happen, those accounts needed to be merged.    Scott.    

• Like 2

12 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

I also had a new sailor ID created w/ this online booking which further complicated things, because before anything could happen, those accounts needed to be merged. 

Any chance one had a middle name/the other didn’t?  That happened when my husband added my middle name to our 2nd reservation.  No one could figure it out until sailor services finally put a ticket in, and it was fixed within a couple hours.

Sailing in a few weeks and just noticed a $100 bar tab bonus and deep blue extras on the app and website under my name. I did a status match but it was denied because my first booking and only current booking was using the points special they ran earlier in the year. Does this mean I really have deep blue extras? And is this a free $100 bar tab or do I need to buy a 300 bar tab to get an additional 100?

I had the same thing happen. Despite my usual philosophy about gift horses, I did call in and ask about it, among other things. They said that yes, the deep blue extras are there. Apparently the email was incorrect. I chalk these things up to being a new line. As one of their agents said "things change fast."

It's a free $100 tab. If you buy a $300 tab you will get $50 more from that. So would be $450 total.

• Thanks 1

Cool. Can someone explain how the free laundry works then. I know the bag is huge but I'm more worried about timing. We're on a five night cruise, but then traveling afterwards so it would be great to have our laundry done when we disembark. When should we get it in? Also, what is the one special item mean?

We have a 1:45 port arrival time, but I guess we can now board at 1:30.

The laundry that is free is 24 hour service.  If you leave the bag on your bed on Thursday morning, it will return to your room on Friday....you can't send it out the day before disembarkation or you likely won't have it back in time.  Not sure where you saw the "one special item."  You do get one item dry cleaned and 2 pressed also,

Yes, DBE = priority boarding, which means a 1:30 terminal arrival time.
The $100 free bar tab is just that--totally free.  It replaced the bottle of champagne.  You don't need to buy anything to get this.  Since you have Sea Rover status, you should get a $100 bonus on any $300 bar tab you buy, rather than the standard $50 bonus.  So if you purchase a $300 tab on top of your $100 bonus, you should have a total of $500....$100 DBE bonus, $300 purchased, $100 Sea Rover bonus.

And yes, if DBE shows up on your account on line, that means you have it.  I always take a screen shot or photo on my phone so I have proof in case the app goes wonky.  However, the app was a lot better in April than it was previously.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scseas said:

Cool. Can someone explain how the free laundry works then. I know the bag is huge but I'm more worried about timing. We're on a five night cruise, but then traveling afterwards so it would be great to have our laundry done when we disembark. When should we get it in? Also, what is the one special item mean?

The bag normally comes back next day so on a five day cruise it might not be worthwhile anyway. 
you also get two items pressed and one item dry cleaned (this is the special cleaning as it’s a more environmentally friendly version of dry cleaning chemicals).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are cruising with our 3 adult children and their partners next week.  All 3 of our children received the status matching with the deep blue extras.  Their partners have never cruised before, will both people in the cabin have priority boarding?

48 minutes ago, albee said:

We are cruising with our 3 adult children and their partners next week.  All 3 of our children received the status matching with the deep blue extras.  Their partners have never cruised before, will both people in the cabin have priority boarding?

All of the DBE benefits are "per cabin," not "per person.  THey will get $10 per cabin per day credit at Grounds Club, Premium wifi on 2 devices (they can rotate among devices by logging off of one before logging onto another.  We just put the premium on our laptops and kept the standard on our phones..  The laundry is one bag per room, both can go to cocktail party and get priority boarding, etc.