When did Carnival change the price limit for Cheers?

iria64

I am probably going to get Cheers for out next Cruise in Jan 2024.

I was looking at the details and the website is showing $20 or lower for drinks
All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price

How long has this been at $20?  I seem to remember $15.

Maybe I am confusing the $20 price with the 15 drink limit... who knows... getting old sucks.

16 minutes ago, Hinano said:

Not wanting to highjack this thread but...what drinks are 20$. Just curious.  I'm a Chardonnay drinker.  Never come close to 20$.  Again, just curious because Cheers works for us regardless.

Some of the top shelf liquors, I believe.

I am more of rail booze girl myself...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iria64 said:

I am probably going to get Cheers for out next Cruise in Jan 2024.

I was looking at the details and the website is showing $20 or lower for drinks
All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $20.00 or lower menu price

How long has this been at $20?  I seem to remember $15.

Maybe I am confusing the $20 price with the 15 drink limit... who knows... getting old sucks.

I think you are confusing the two, it has been $20 for some time now. It was, at one point, something like $50(?) as I recall, but I am also in the "old" category and my memory might also be playing tricks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hinano said:

Not wanting to highjack this thread but...what drinks are 20$. Just curious.  I'm a Chardonnay drinker.  Never come close to 20$.  Again, just curious because Cheers works for us regardless.

Just saw a rum menu in the thread what types of rums are onboard and Bacardi Gran Reserva Limitada is $21, as one example.

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

...It was, at one point, something like $50(?) as I recall...

1 hour ago, Jasonsterling said:

It's been twenty dollars for several years now- it used to be fifty dollars!...

Yep - I remember that. Carnival, for a period of time, stood out among cruise lines with quite the high limit on covered drinks. Stands to reason it didn't last!

Tom

I don't know if there are cocktails that are $20 or more yet...most of the $20+ drinks are individual liquors, like some of the higher end cognacs and bourbons. I guess you could order a Manhattan made with one of the higher end bourbons from the steakhouse if you wanted to...that would be over $20 and thus not covered under Cheers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hinano said:

Flora de Cana 25yr old rum over $20

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I don't know if there are cocktails that are $20 or more yet...most of the $20+ drinks are individual liquors, like some of the higher end cognacs and bourbons. I guess you could order a Manhattan made with one of the higher end bourbons from the steakhouse if you wanted to...that would be over $20 and thus not covered under Cheers.

I think the rule is only $20 is covered under Cheers and you pay what is over that. If that is the case I will enjoy a glass of Bacardi Gran Reserva Limitada on the rocks at least once.

1 minute ago, sparks1093 said:

I think the rule is only $20 is covered under Cheers and you pay what is over that. If that is the case I will enjoy a glass of Bacardi Gran Reserva Limitada on the rocks at least once.

I think $20+ drinks are not covered at all, rather you get a 25% discount on them. So if a drink is $21, you'd pay $15.75+gratuity for it.

https://www.carnival.com/drink-packages/cheers-package/cheers-SUM

7 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I think $20+ drinks are not covered at all, rather you get a 25% discount on them. So if a drink is $21, you'd pay $15.75+gratuity for it.

https://www.carnival.com/drink-packages/cheers-package/cheers-SUM

Guess I won't be enjoying that Bacardi Gran Reserva Limitada after all then.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Guess I won't be enjoying that Bacardi Gran Reserva Limitada after all then.

You should try it if you havent yet. It is a fantastic rum, and one that really shows what Bacardi is capable of.

19 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

You should try it if you havent yet. It is a fantastic rum, and one that really shows what Bacardi is capable of.

We'll see but I don't like paying for drinks if I have Cheers and to be honest I'm not very fond of straight liquor so spending money on top of not knowing if I'm going to like it will probably rule the day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hinano said:

Looking at the menu - a few Rums, Tequila, and a few Scotch. I think the highest priced Whiskey is Blanton's at $15 (steakhouse) or $9.95 at Guys Pig...I do not know why two different prices on the same product. I saw a scotch at $28...that might be the highest single pour they have 

https://profcruise.com/carnival-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/#smoke

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 9:32 AM, sparks1093 said:

Actually they did not do this on several of our last cruises, as my husband drinks Flora De Cana 25yr, he had to pay for it and they would not do as you stated which what we also thought would be done and just pay for the difference between Cheers

Edited by dbrucern

18 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

Actually they did not do this on several of our last cruises, as my husband drinks Flora De Cana 25yr, he had to pay for it and they would not do as you stated which what we also thought would be done and just pay for the difference between Cheers

As was pointed out above if a drink is over the $20 limit you only get a 25% discount. Sometimes the fine print sucks.

19 hours ago, ibarrio said:

Looking at the menu - a few Rums, Tequila, and a few Scotch. I think the highest priced Whiskey is Blanton's at $15 (steakhouse) or $9.95 at Guys Pig...I do not know why two different prices on the same product. I saw a scotch at $28...that might be the highest single pour they have 

https://profcruise.com/carnival-bar-menus-and-drink-prices-2023/#smoke

In Jan on the Celebration they had Whistlepig Boss Hogg for $53/shot at the Pig & Anchor.

• Like 1