Opinions on travel insurance offered by Carnival

The only 2 things good about the AON insurance sold by Carnival is the 1. The price includes CFAR coverage and 2. The price is based on the cost of the cruise and does not take age into consideration.

The huge con is that the medical coverage is woefully too low.

I recommend TripInsuranceStore where Steve or his associates will take the time if you call and discuss with you what is important to you for coverage, will answer question, and will be there to help you when it comes time to file a claim.

His site is Get the Best Trip Insurance Details, Advice (tripinsurancestore.com) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We always use www.insuremytrip.com and find a plan that provides both robust medical coverage and robust medevac coverage. We don't worry about Cancel For Any Reason because if we do end up cancelling it would be for a covered reason. I've read that a good rule of thumb is that insurance shouldn't be more than 10% of the amount insured and we usually find plans that are 5-7% of that. If you book your insurance within a certain period of time from making your deposit (usually 10 to 14 days) some plans will include a pre-existing condition waiver. As mentioned, Carnival's plan doesn't take age into account whereas the plans sold by others often do so at some point that might be a factor for us.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, klfrodo said:

The only 2 things good about the AON insurance sold by Carnival is the 1. The price includes CFAR coverage and 2. The price is based on the cost of the cruise and does not take age into consideration.

The huge con is that the medical coverage is woefully too low.

I recommend TripInsuranceStore where Steve or his associates will take the time if you call and discuss with you what is important to you for coverage, will answer question, and will be there to help you when it comes time to file a claim.

His site is Get the Best Trip Insurance Details, Advice (tripinsurancestore.com) 

Well put. 

I like the Carnival insurance because I have my own travel medical insurance through work.  I want CFAR and the price is pretty good for Carnival. But it really depends on what it is you want. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bettysuetraveler said:

I am cruising again after 10 years . In the past, I always got the travel insurance offered by Carnival. And it saved me a few times. Is Carnival's insurance still good or should I look somewhere else. And if so, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Hi bettysuetraveler,

If you are old enough to be covered by Medicare with a supplement you bought on your own, have Tricare or are on a former employers' retiree health plan, or you have Advantage plans, then you'll want to get a plan other than Carnival's plan.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1