NCL POA Excursions Recommendations

Ref611

3 hours ago, Ref611 said:

Looking for for shore excursions 

@Ref611

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line ship's shore excursions and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Norwegian Cruise Line forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed NCL POA frequent this forum and provide feedback here. 

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard the Cruise Critic message boards!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

• Like 1

When we took, the POA, we rented a car in a couple ports in advance through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals.  https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/en-us/.  In Kaui, where we had an overnight, we rented the car for the day, downloaded, the gypsy app for Waimea Canyon and Kokee State Park.  it was great.  Then, the guys played a little golf and we had an early dinner in Poipu Beach and returned the car.   The next day in Kauai, we took a shuttle to the beach.

In Maui, we took the NCL excursion- Halealakala at Sunset and my DH and son loved their NCL snorkeling excursion in Kona.  Both were great.

• Like 1

Like @Crazy planning mom above, we also rented a car (we used Costco Travel) in several of the ports and used the GyPSy app. If you do rent a car, I highly recommend this app. It offers you not only a GPS to take you to a destination but he offers commentary all along the way. It was awesome. We’ve used it several times. 
One of our favorite things (we did it on our own driving but I’m sure you could do an excursion) was visiting Haleakalā. You’re at an elevation of over 10,000 ft above see level and you can look down at the clouds. 
FB7A900F-C126-4F6A-B990-E78607955390.thumb.jpeg.474b349302a11decf7fada624c5419e2.jpeg

• Like 1

We did the Volcanoes National Park  excursion in 2016 and it was well worthwhile. We were just on the POA in November for the second time and included our thoughts on some of the excursions we had taken both times in our review here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2894497-sailing-on-the-pride-of-america-november-5-12-2022-review/