How is ELITE Boarding Handled - with the new GREEN Lane and Arrival Time Status??? Do Elites still get Boarding Priority?

mikjr

On 2/11/2023 at 3:21 AM, nasa1974 said:

Here is a question I have a cruise scheduled for April 2024 and I will be elite for that cruise. My daughter and her family are on the cruise with me. Can they join me for boarding? 

If every elite member took family through with them, there would be a huge queue! You can go through with them and might even find their queue moves more quickly due to the number of elite passengers.

4 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

That was this current season in Australia.  If anyone arrives before boarding, they aren't allowed in Terminal until Group A called. No special line for priority until allowed in Terminal when your letter group called, irrespective of whether you're elite, priority or not.

Well I guess if it is important to enough people boarding cruises in Australia, they need to pester PCL HQ about the fact that Suites and Elites (even Platinum to a lesser degree) have priority access and making them wait is denying the ability to get on board.  One thing I am not sure of is whether Australia is still in a "Covid mode" or is now in a post-Covid world like the rest of us.  The whole original purpose/reason for the Arrival Groups was to control the number of guests being processed at one time in a terminal.  That is no longer a big concern - at least in most countries.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:44 PM, Jeff_R said:

Is this thread a low key competition as to who can say "Elite" the most times in one sentence? 

On 2/12/2023 at 11:07 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, it is necessary to mention Elite in this Elite thread, so there is complete clarity. 😀

I am Elite and want to make sure my Elite medallion will have the Elite, black, Princess 'Sea Witch' logo on both sides - unlike the old Elite cruise cards which were black only on the front 😞 - so, when wearing it on an Elite lanyard around my Elite neck, I don't have to keep checking to make sure the Elite side is showing and everyone knows I'm Elite. 🤣😂🤣

Edited by Bill B
  • Haha 5

Just boarded in Sydney on Majestic (Feb 11th) and if anyone thinks Priority means anything, it did not for us. We are platinum and in a full suite. Yes there was a Priority Line, but it was long and chaotic. I asked if we were supposed to be in some other line and was told “this is the priority line. There are 1,600 with priority today.” Essentially, having priority was meaningless.

I also had not taken out our proof of vaccination because we uploaded that on the app, right? Nope. Ship gets that, not check in. Offered print outs of our Australian ETAs as oddly was requested in our boarding instructions. No need to see those! Then why ask us to print them for presentation at check in.

A lot of disjointed, illogical chaos at check in that made the app seem useless. And nothing about the experience felt one bit prioritized. Just frustrating.

• Like 3

On 2/14/2023 at 2:30 AM, thunderbaycruiser said:

Just boarded in Sydney on Majestic (Feb 11th) and if anyone thinks Priority means anything, it did not for us. We are platinum and in a full suite. Yes there was a Priority Line, but it was long and chaotic. I asked if we were supposed to be in some other line and was told “this is the priority line. There are 1,600 with priority today.” Essentially, having priority was meaningless.

I also had not taken out our proof of vaccination because we uploaded that on the app, right? Nope. Ship gets that, not check in. Offered print outs of our Australian ETAs as oddly was requested in our boarding instructions. No need to see those! Then why ask us to print them for presentation at check in.

A lot of disjointed, illogical chaos at check in that made the app seem useless. And nothing about the experience felt one bit prioritized. Just frustrating.

Were you given a priority boarding in Sydney?

On 2/14/2023 at 4:30 AM, thunderbaycruiser said:

Offered print outs of our Australian ETAs as oddly was requested in our boarding instructions. No need to see those! Then why ask us to print them for presentation at check in.

Since you were already in Australia, as a non-resident you obviously had ETAs or had sneaked into this island country.

There was no reason for Princess to ask for the ETAs at all unless you were embarking elsewhere than in Australia for a cruise going to Australia..

14 hours ago, caribill said:

Since you were already in Australia, as a non-resident you obviously had ETAs or had sneaked into this island country.

There was no reason for Princess to ask for the ETAs at all unless you were embarking elsewhere than in Australia for a cruise going to Australia..

Yes, which is why I was confused about the instructions. I complied, and had the printed copies ready (which I understood was redundant) and turned out as expected, not necessary.

Just wish they could send out the correct instructions. Like “we know you uploaded your proof of vaccination in the app, but we need printed copies / or an image on your phone too. We don’t coordinate check in with the app or the ship”. *Face Palm*

8 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Had you selected a boarding group on the Princess App? ( ie. As well as Green Lane status, did you have Boarding Group 'A'?)

Yes, followed all the steps. We were Green Lane and the earliest boarding slot. All green check marks in the app after we did our rapid antigen tests.

On 2/14/2023 at 12:10 AM, Bill B said:

I am Elite and want to make sure my Elite medallion will have the Elite, black, Princess 'Sea Witch' logo on both sides - unlike the old Elite cruise cards which were black only on the front 😞 - so, when wearing it on an Elite lanyard around my Elite neck, I don't have to keep checking to make sure the Elite side is showing and everyone knows I'm Elite. 🤣😂🤣

That was beautiful, like an elite poem...thank you.