Lobster Warning

rmalbers

22 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

With airplanes real 🦞 is available almost anywhere today.  Spent last September in New Brunswick and DW had lobster 4 times.  Once was enough for me.   Agree with the drawn butter requirement.

Monkfish if soaked in drawn butter is pretty good. 

You do know that they didn’t “fly” the lobster anywhere if you were eating it in NB. It was probably in the water the same day your DW ate it!!  

And “flown” lobster is NOT the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

but then you have to clean it, cook it, and clean up after it.

Great point!  I buy the lobster Sunday morning.  If I just want the meat the store I go to will steam it for me.  At any rate the trash goes out Sunday night…no fuss no muss!  

On 2/13/2023 at 9:20 PM, NMTraveller said:

It is a miniature lobster designed for a kids goldfish tank. 🙂

Japanese?  Like Bonsai trees?  That’s cool!  I knew from the size it could not be a regular lobster.  Figured 11/12 to the pound shrimp.

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I like the lobster served on cruise ships. I like to dip my lobster in drawn butter. I also prefer my lobster roll made with drawn butter and not mayo. I eat my lobster my way. 

With the size of the new Celebrity lobster, it’s less a roll and more a cracker.

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 12:40 AM, lostchild said:

This is not good, because one of the reasons to do that is to reuse the tail shell to plate the next lobster plate...

You know, lostchild, conspiracy theories these days never cease to astonish me. But now you've just hit a new low with me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Really?  And what would you suggest?  

You eat the lobster meat as is. The flavor of lobster should be by itself.  Come on, you’re from MA. Eat lobster meat as is, not drowned in butter. 

I’ll  pick up 2 4 pound lobsters on Friday and grill them. Come over and I’ll show you how good they taste without butter. 😊

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

You eat the lobster meat as is. The flavor of lobster should be by itself.  Come on, you’re from MA. Eat lobster meat as is, not drowned in butter. 

I’ll  pick up 2 4 pound lobsters on Friday and grill them. Come over and I’ll show you how good they taste without butter. 😊

Is that an open invite for the rest of us, Sox Fan Cruiser? 🙂 

11 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Is that an open invite for the rest of us, Sox Fan Cruiser? 🙂 

If you are in Boston, sure!  I’ll set up my own shore excursion where I grill up lobsters and show you all how to eat them. And there will be no drawn butter!  🤪

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Well thank you Sox Fan!  As a former Chef I have cooked lobster every way imaginable.  The last time I grilled a lobster it was a 6 lb. monster.   My favorite method is baked stuffed with fresh crab meat from Maine…and yes…butter!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davekathy said:

I like the lobster served on cruise ships. I like to dip my lobster in drawn butter. I also prefer my lobster roll made with drawn butter and not mayo. I eat my lobster my way. 

I actually pour a little drawn butter and then mix the lobster meat with a little mayonnaise, chopped celery and a bit of celery salt.  This makes a great lobster salad or lobster roll.  

47 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Well thank you Sox Fan!  As a former Chef I have cooked lobster every way imaginable.  The last time I grilled a lobster it was a 6 lb. monster.   My favorite method is baked stuffed with fresh crab meat from Maine…and yes…butter!  

Then I’ll buy the lobster and you cook it for me!🤪

(and I also use butter in the cooking, usually a compound butter of some sort.  But I don’t just dunk my beautiful lobster meat in a bowl of melted butter). 😛

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 2

I described the lobster on the plate 2 weeks ago on Beyond as "pitiful" once shelled.   It was the size of two of my fingers.   And what is with the blob of rice and one broccoli?    On a so-called LUXURY cruise, you should be able to get two lobster tails in your already-paid cruise fare.   I could maybe, possibly, see charging for more than that.   

I can order 3 plates of short rib or whatever, but not 2 tiny lobster tails.   

And I agree, I like them plain with the slight taste of salty sea water!   Grilled is even better!   

When I do a NE/Canada cruise, I eat lobster in every port.   It's a fun and attainable goal!  😁

• Like 1