Lobster

camper49

I'm pretty sure it's an available surf & turf option in Cagneys for an additional fee.  They also have an excellent lobster thermidor in LeBistro.  I believe it was a $25 additional charge when I had it using my FAS dinner.

Keep in mind, it's warm water lobster...

8 minutes ago, Sunnyway said:

Seeing this and other complaints about NCL on Cruise Critic and YouTube, I'm anticipating that my April 15 cruise on NCL will be a one-off. I'm prepared to be disappointed with many things.

Hopefully you have a great cruise.  I'm assuming you will.  People love to complain, it's human nature, so take a lot of what you read here with a grain of salt. 

I just got back from a NCL cruise two weeks ago, after 3 last year. In all cases, food was great, drink was great, staff was excellent.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sunnyway said:

Seeing this and other complaints about NCL on Cruise Critic and YouTube, I'm anticipating that my April 15 cruise on NCL will be a one-off. I'm prepared to be disappointed with many things.

Well,,, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. People like to provide their "expert opinions" on everything and anything... then you catch them in a post and find out that they haven't been on a cruise ship in years and years. 

We regularly sail on both NCL and Royal Caribbean multiple times a year and greatly prefer NCL. If you go over to the Royal board, you see an equal number of "complaints" about room cleaning, gratuities, charging for a second lobster in the MDR, etc. etc. etc.

YouTubers???? They get paid to say outrageous things and get clicks and likes. I give them zero credibility because most of the time, they have not spent even a few seconds to actually research what they are talking about. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

hey, sunnyway! why don't you disregard the "complaints" listed by other people, don't begin your cruise with a negative spin and  just enjoy your time on board. my wife and i have been on 24 ncl cruises, most of their  ships, and I've posted many thoughts and comments.

out of all these cruises, in reality, the only real complaint I've ever posted is i've never been on one of these cruises, where the hamburger bun didn't  fall apart before I finished the hamburger,

if that's the most horrible thing i can complain about, i figure i'm miles ahead. if sometimes the food isnt always up to par, remember the kitchen is putting out meals at least 3 X's a day for multiple venues, and a few 1000 people. 

you obviously dont know me, but trust me. just the joy of sitting on your balcony with a cold drink, watching the world go by, is enough to make me happy, and delighted to be on board.

i dont care about any onboard activities, can  take or leave most of the show and/entertainment, and just enjoy the fact that i'm on a cruise ship, sailing to multiple exotic destinations.

finally(and i apologize for this wordy post) if you want to insure a better experience, i suggest you try and book either a haven or a regular suite. i'm certain you'll find a much better experience.

also, please note that in all the posts on this site, i believe that most are positive rather than the negative ones you mention.

AMEN!

• Like 2

Wow... back to topic.... Although my last cruise was December 2021 on Breakaway and totally what you asked... the lobster roll served on Getaway & Breakaway Ocean Blue take out window was pretty good... and I'm a New Englander, so high bar.  Caveats are I don't know if they modified the window recently and it has only been open on sea days from 12 noon - 2 pm, or something very similar (maybe 11-1)...

• Like 2

Actually, there are currently 2 semi/live post reporting onboard the Getaway 8 nighters (NY-FL-Nassau) that (frozen) lobster tails are available & being served in Tappenyaki as a choice/option and/or combo mix ... didn't mention any extra/upcharge costs ... in addition to salmon.  We're on the GA just 3 weeks ago and that wasn't served, only jumbo shrimp.  This isn't bad at all - perhaps due to jumbo shrimps or prawns not being available and NCL is substituting lobster tails instead (can't say ... not being there, whether it's warm or cold water sourced lobster tails, N.E./Maine or imported/Canada, etc.)  

Maybe it's specific to the Getaway and for select winter sailings only, i.e. school break with 4,800 pax onboard currently - previous high was 4,570+ and ours last month, "just" 3,900 with the headcounts.  

Be happy and cheers ! 

2 hours ago, Sunnyway said:

Have you checked any of the other forums on Cruise Critic?

I'm sure you'll find just as many complaints on the other cruise lines.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Have you checked any of the other forums on Cruise Critic?

I'm sure you'll find just as many complaints on the other cruise lines.

You're correct - the sky is falling on the Celebrity boards too!  We just returned from a week on the Solstice and the news of their demise is greatly exaggerated.  Some cutback in evening buffet offerings, but otherwise much as we've always remembered.

All to say people will complain much more loudly than they'll give praise...  so go in with a good attitude and decide for yourself.

Also plenty of complaining about the increases in service charges coupled with service curtailments on the Princess and Carnival boards, and also on another message board I follow focused on Las Vegas hotels and resorts.  Inflation and higher labor costs affect just about every company in the hospitality/resort business. 

• Like 1

Just wanting to add that American Diner (free for Haven guests on Embarkation day, otherwise an upcharge) also has lobster & shrimp "sliders" that are essentially mini-lobster rolls in their appetizer offerings.

We added a lobster tail one night in Haven to our meal (free for Haven guests) and it was roughly the size of a deck of cards and pretty overcooked, so didn't order it again, lol. I can confirm it was available as an upcharge in both Cagneys and Le Bistro on our sailing as well.