Excursions Pricier?

Jbluebird

Several weeks ago, I booked an RCCL excursion that was "full" price (no discounts).  I just looked again at excursions and the one I booked is now almost $30 more per person (good thing I booked a little earlier).  In your experiences, do RCCL excursions get more expensive as the cruise date gets closer or is this one of those RCCL unknown pricing things?

I think it depends on demand. Two cruises close in date. Same excursion costs more on one. Sept last year on liberty and march 27 radiance I got good prices, but not other dates. I did the eco monkey sloth in roatan last sept because it was priced higher as the original price other dates.

Idk, but there can sure be a difference. Even chops has different full priced amt 

1 hour ago, Jbluebird said:

Several weeks ago, I booked an RCCL excursion that was "full" price (no discounts).  I just looked again at excursions and the one I booked is now almost $30 more per person (good thing I booked a little earlier).  In your experiences, do RCCL excursions get more expensive as the cruise date gets closer or is this one of those RCCL unknown pricing things?

You are more likely to see the Sale Sale Sale than an increase. 

1 hour ago, Jbluebird said:

CocoCay things certainly get more expensive.  True supply and demand there.

So often you see things like the Beach Club and cabanas increase in price.

I'm cruising in two weeks.  Cabanas were $899 when I first booked the cruise last spring.  I asked my family if they wanted to go in on one. "Nope".  Then the price went up to $999 and has stayed there.

Until two days ago.  Two weeks to go, and there were unsold cabanas.

Result?

$499.

😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

CocoCay things certainly get more expensive.  True supply and demand there.

So often you see things like the Beach Club and cabanas increase in price.

I'm cruising in two weeks.  Cabanas were $899 when I first booked the cruise last spring.  I asked my family if they wanted to go in on one. "Nope".  Then the price went up to $999 and has stayed there.

Until two days ago.  Two weeks to go, and there were unsold cabanas.

Result?

$499.

😄 

merrion, not trying to hijack, but since you were just there, are there enough places in the shade, not purchasing a cabana?  My grandson is on chemo and needs a shady spot, but the cabanas are pricey as I am funding the entire vacay for 8. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

merrion, not trying to hijack, but since you were just there, are there enough places in the shade, not purchasing a cabana?  My grandson is on chemo and needs a shady spot, but the cabanas are pricey as I am funding the entire vacay for 8. Thanks.

I was just at Beach Club last week.  Tons of shady spots available. 

teddie 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 8:32 PM, nimbex1970 said:

We went down to the South Beach area - we enjoyed that it was quieter, plenty of chairs and umbrellas (2 ships that day).