Sky class internet included

topnole

Anyone remember how you log in.  We just had this in December and trying to recall.  Was it something like name and cabin number now? That is what I think I remember from our December cruise.   It used to be a code pre Covid as I recall.  I was considering letting someone from a roll call use one (our kids won’t use them), but not sure I want to hand out our last name and cabin number to a stranger. 

Edited by topnole

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There is no code, just a log in and create an account once on board.   Meet them on board and log in then for them.  They can create the username and PW. 

M

But last name and cabin number to start the process?

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I honestly can't recall what we enter to get started. (haha -  I cruised 3 weeks ago and still can't recall)  That is generous of you to give away a Wi-Fi package.  

M

Yeah.  I just did this 2 months ago and can’t recall for sure.  I think name and cabin number were needed though.  Just trying to make sure.  

Once the account is created if I remember correctly only the userID and password were required.

You could log in with your kids information, create an account with any given username and password, and then give those to your Roll Call buddy, should you really want to take a chance. 

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Once the account is created if I remember correctly only the userID and password were required.

You could log in with your kids information, create an account with any given username and password, and then give those to your Roll Call buddy, should you really want to take a chance. 

This is correct accept that it's a PIN not a password.

Edited by Big_G

1 minute ago, Big_G said:

This is correct. You could create a separate username and PIN yourself and then provide it to anyone you want.

Unless you got the one account, multiple device plan. In that case all account must use the same username and password (PIN)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Unless you got the one account, multiple device plan. In that case all account must use the same username and password (PIN)

This also true but the OP was asking about the suite benefit.

40 minutes ago, Big_G said:

This also true but the OP was asking about the suite benefit.

Correct.  Will have an extra internet we won’t need since my kids are in the suite too.  Only the wife and I will need internet.   

It is a one device internet perk, so if multiple people are using it ,the system will log the current user of before the second user can log in. As for setting it up, it is tied to your suite # and first name, and the log in takes all of 2 minutes to complete once you are on board.

21 hours ago, orville99 said:

It is a one device internet perk, so if multiple people are using it ,the system will log the current user of before the second user can log in. As for setting it up, it is tied to your suite # and first name, and the log in takes all of 2 minutes to complete once you are on board.

Sky class gives each cabin member free internet.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 10:40 AM, topnole said:

I was considering letting someone from a roll call use one (our kids won’t use them), but not sure I want to hand out our last name and cabin number to a stranger. 

57 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Sky class gives each cabin member free internet.  

If you read the OP's post, you will see that the intent was to give one of the the "extra" internet tokens to someone not staying in their suite.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:12 PM, orville99 said:

We have a few in the cabin who won’t use them (kids).  So at least one is completely useless to us.  We will still have one for each phone and keep one for a laptop use.  

it's going to go to the kids, so you make the UN and PW.  Then pass that on. 

I do remember making all the un/pw's for my family, when I had Sky Class. The access should show up on the app.

Edited by csnarpy

10 hours ago, topnole said:

We have a few in the cabin who won’t use them (kids).  So at least one is completely useless to us.  We will still have one for each phone and keep one for a laptop use.  

As has been mentioned, I recommend you create the Username and PIN and then pass that info on to the lucky recipient. 

Because you have a free VOOM account for each person in the room, you will create a separate VOOM account for each individual using their First Name, Year of Birth, and Room Number.  I wrote up a post detailing exactly how to do this here. 

You could even ask the recipient in advance what they want their Username and PIN to be, and set it up with their choices.  Once you give them the sign-in information (or tell them that you've activated it with their choices), they won't need to have contact with you again at all, and their VOOM account won't affect yours at all.  

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

As has been mentioned, I recommend you create the Username and PIN and then pass that info on to the lucky recipient. 

Because you have a free VOOM account for each person in the room, you will create a separate VOOM account for each individual using their First Name, Year of Birth, and Room Number.  I wrote up a post detailing exactly how to do this here. 

You could even ask the recipient in advance what they want their Username and PIN to be, and set it up with their choices.  Once you give them the sign-in information (or tell them that you've activated it with their choices), they won't need to have contact with you again at all, and their VOOM account won't affect yours at all.  

Great idea for giving them the account info.  We just had the same scenario in December and didn’t use 2 of the accounts.  Seemed like a waste someone could’ve used.   

• Like 1