Global Alcohol shortage

MickD

Wife is currently on Azura, her favourite tipple grey goose vodka has been out of stock since the 2nd night of cruise, she’s also asked for a few different flavoured gins on the menu, none of which were available.

The Horizon has been printing that there is a global supply issue on some alcoholic brands ?

wondered if there is any truth to this or it’s just another P&O excuse.

She also said a lot of people are moaning that there is no rolling tobacco available for purchase in the duty free shop and a very poor selection of cigarettes with not much stock.

Personally think P&O are are just not stocking certain items 🤷‍♂️

Been talked about quite a bit. P&O are not the only companies struggling with stock. Presuming they do the same has Barbados where the stock is sailed from the UK/US It can be difficult. Went out the other night and well the restaurant had hardly anything on the menu. 

Also went to Aldi earlier and hardly anything on the shelves.

Edited by carlanthony24

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Fortunately Tesco have a 25% off promotion on wine, so no shortage here.

They might have wine, but seems they have a 🍅  🍅 shortage, tried to update our shop for Friday found the small tomatoes all out of stock

FD4351FA-563B-4D88-9717-FEF73A15471F.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

They might have wine, but seems they have a 🍅  🍅 shortage, tried to update our shop for Friday found the small tomatoes all out of stock

FD4351FA-563B-4D88-9717-FEF73A15471F.jpeg

Yes, they were oos last week when I did a physical shop.

Many growers have stopped growing tomatoes, due to increased heating costs. Peppers and cucumbers are similarly affected.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I "lost" a day some years ago, after a night of red wine followed by copious vodka. 

Never touched vodka since - far too easy to over-indulge. 

I've lost a few days when our Russian neighbours invite us to dinner.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Ha ! Off tomorrow to stock up, but they have a 36 bottle limit, so I have to go in twice !

We have been into Tesco today to top up our wine stock but our preferred one was sold out so a wasted journey.  Fortunately we already have plenty of wine sitting in the garage from our last visit to the wine warehouse.

50 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been into Tesco today to top up our wine stock but our preferred one was sold out so a wasted journey.  Fortunately we already have plenty of wine sitting in the garage from our last visit to the wine warehouse.

Just had a case of wine delivered from someone we know who is a wine importer, these are the wines we tend to use for special occasions. We won’t go short as we have 30 bottles of 🍷 in our wine rack. 😬

Regarding vodka the answer is staring me in the face.With the sanctions on the "good" Russkie stuff,the other "good" stuff made elsewhere is gonna sell out quicker.Can't comment on wine,I only drink Pinot Grigio Rose and Blue Nun.

On 2/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, brian1 said:

Lidl voddy is just as good as Grey Goose.Blind tasting proved it,but with coke, I defy anyone to tell the difference.

Lidl's Finton's Special London Dry Gin is also very good (IMHO) and at £14.89 a litre it compared very favourably with Gordon's (currently £22.50 in Tesco).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LondonLad60 said:

Lidl's Finton's Special London Dry Gin is also very good (IMHO) and at £14.89 a litre it compared very favourably with Gordon's (currently £22.50 in Tesco).

A litre bottle of Bombay Sapphire was £15 on Arvia. I was holding out for it being on one of the daily special offers, but it sold out towards the end of the cruise. I will try again in June.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just been to tesco and girl on the till was surprised that not only did I get the Clubcard discount, I got 25% off the 6 bottles as well!

Don't you just love it when the bill comes to £180 or so, and you tap your club card, and, whoosh, your bill suddenly is £140 or so ?

I normally try and add a banana and some broccoli with the wine, to show that I am looking after my health. 

• Haha 11

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Don't you just love it when the bill comes to £180 or so, and you tap your club card, and, whoosh, your bill suddenly is £140 or so ?

I normally try and add a banana and some broccoli with the wine, to show that I am looking after my health. 

And here’s me thinking wine was healthy, made from grapes a fruit, so surely 1 of 5 a day. 🍷🤷‍♂️

• Like 3